According to statistics, residents of developed countries often suffer from diseases caused by disruption of the gastrointestinal tract. The first is the failure of the digestive system, as a result of which all sorts of pathologies and diseases develop. Even ancient healers recommended a change in lifestyle and nutrition to cope with various ailments.
Largely due to the proper functioning of the intestine, a person feels good, his ability to work increases. Any failure in the digestive system immediately affects his well-being and can contribute to a weakening of immunity and the development of pathologies. Let's consider in more detail how to improve intestinal motility and restore the digestive tract.
What is peristalsis?
This process is a reduction in the walls of the intestine, due to which there is a movement of food from the upper parts of the organ to its outlet openings. Peristalsis of the digestive tract is very important for digestion. In the process of contraction, smooth muscles participate, which are located in two layers in the walls of the intestine - longitudinally and circularly. Due to the coordinated movements of such muscles, a peristaltic wave arises with a different frequency in different departments.
As soon as the stomach is filled with food, peristaltic movements occur in the colon under the influence of a reflex. In violation of such contractions, the absorption of beneficial substances slows down, food begins to move with difficulty and the process of excretion of waste products from the body worsens. Because of this, everything that is accumulated and not digested by the digestive system becomes a source of toxins and is a wonderful breeding ground for the reproduction of various bacteria.
This condition leads to the development of various gastrointestinal diseases, which are manifested by stool disorders, the formation of polyps and ulcers, and inflammatory processes. To avoid this, you should know how to improve intestinal motility.
Features of intestinal motility
Peristalsis refers to reflex action.
The normal functioning of the intestine takes place as a systematic contraction of the musculature that strengthens the walls of this organ. The abbreviations are wave-like.
They become possible due to the peculiar structure of muscle fibers in this area. Firstly, they have a double layer.
Secondly, the direction of the muscle fibers of the upper and lower layers does not coincide, but is perpendicular to each other. The intensity of contractions varies depending on the intestine.
In the small intestine, contractions occur either rather slowly or very rapidly, depending on the situation. But in the large intestine, contractions can only be slow, because a large food lump moves there. However, they are also systematic. Indeed, otherwise, the chyme could not be got into the anus. These contractions are called peristalsis.
Peristalsis refers to reflex action. It occurs immediately after the appearance of food in the digestive tract. The average frequency of contractions in different parts of the intestine is as follows:
- the duodenum - about 10 per minute,
- small intestine - 9 - 10 / min,
- large intestine - 3 - 4 / min,
- rectum - up to 3.
If any causes affected the slowdown of peristalsis, the whole organism is negatively affected. Minerals and other beneficial substances are absorbed worse, there are problems with bowel movements.
As a result, the elements of the chyme that are not removed in time decompose, leading to the spread of toxins throughout the body, contributing to the development of symptoms characteristic of intestinal dyskinesia.
Signs of peristalsis malfunction
Abdominal pain is a sign of failure of intestinal motility.
The following symptoms indicate malfunctions in intestinal motility:
- Pain in the abdomen, found in different places below the navel. The pains may be slight aching, but may be cramping in nature. If they make themselves felt at night, a person is completely deprived of the opportunity to sleep. If it turns out to empty the intestines, free it from accumulated gases, then the pain subsides. However, in the morning after eating, discomfort will begin to bother again. Drinks containing caffeine can provoke pain. The detrimental effect on the state is exerted by unrest, anxiety, overwork.
- Flatulence caused by accumulated gas is another unpleasant symptom. Delays in the promotion of chyme provoke increased gas formation.
- Problems with bowel movements. The most common symptom is constipation. Only in some patients, constipation is followed by diarrhea. Most are forced to resort to enemas and laxatives. Over time, the situation only worsens and a person completely loses the opportunity to empty his intestines on his own.
- Malfunctions in digestion entail an increase in weight, which causes frustration in patients. Against the background of the above symptoms, the general condition worsens. Many have weakness, apathy, provoked by insomnia. Some suffer from irritability.
- Intoxication affects the appearance. This is acne, and the deterioration of the skin, hair, their excessive fat content. Allergic manifestations intensify. If disruptions in intestinal motility began to produce unwanted “fruits”, you should get an appointment with a gastroenterologist who can choose the right treatment.
For the best food for intestinal motility, see the video:
Reasons for the slowdown of peristalsis
If a bowel malfunction occurs, surgery may be required.
Disruptions in the intestines have their own causes. To fully normalize the situation, the doctor, first of all, will identify the reason that provoked a deterioration in well-being. In most cases, there are several such reasons:
- the use of a large number of high-calorie foods,
- chronic bowel disease,
- tumors (malignant, benign),
- surgical intervention,
- insufficient physical activity,
- taking drugs that inhibit the work of the intestines,
- senile age
- genetic addiction.
Even with proper treatment of the underlying disease, it is impossible to regulate the functioning of the intestine without a balanced diet. Flour products, dishes in which there is a lot of starch, fats are negatively affected. Sugar is a product that enhances putrefactive processes in the digestive tract.
When peristalsis slows down, toxins are formed in large quantities and enter the other organs through the intestinal walls. In the intestine itself, the non-released chyme hardens over time, and “fecal stones” are obtained. So that they come out naturally, it is necessary to fully restore the efficiency of this body.
Pushing them out is quite difficult. After all, they are very dense, heavy. If they go along the intestinal passages, then the walls are destroyed, as a result of which dangerous diseases develop. Among them are cracks. Blood stasis in this organ leads to the appearance of polyps, hemorrhoids. Elderly patients have their own sequence of development of pathology. Their hormonal background changes, muscle fibers become weaker and sluggish. And all existing chronic diseases are progressing.
Acceleration of peristalsis
Sometimes the functioning of the intestine is accelerated. Wavy contractions go at a faster rate than normal. This condition can be caused by oncological pathology, disturbance of microflora, the development of chronic diseases. Externally, increased peristalsis is expressed in attacks of diarrhea. Diarrhea is accompanied by pain, foamy discharge, the composition of the stool is watery.
To normalize the situation, it is necessary to be examined, to accurately determine the cause of this condition. After that, you can take action. Illiterate treatment can completely destabilize the condition. If serious problems cannot be identified, then the reason is in poor nutrition. After following a diet, the condition should improve. To speed recovery. You can take drugs that slow down peristalsis. This is diar, imodium and its analogue - loperamide.
Ways to improve peristalsis
With diarrhea, do not use jelly.
With insufficient peristalsis, a number of simple steps can be taken to help restore normal bowel function.
- Mandatory use of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Among drinks, juices are preferable, especially freshly squeezed, not only from fruits, but also from vegetables. Carrot and beetroot are especially useful.
- Cabbage. You also need to drink mineral water without gas.
- Sprouted cereals, nuts, and flax seed are introduced into the diet.
- Eating meat, add vegetables.
- Cook porridge from buckwheat, millet, oatmeal. Temporarily forget about rice and semolina.
- Dried fruits must be in the diet all the time, including raisins, figs, prunes, dried apricots.
- The correct drinking regimen should be observed. Drink a glass of water every morning. The volume of water should be brought to 2 liters per day.
- You can not eat those products that have a reputation as a remedy for diarrhea. This is black tea, boiled eggs, jelly, pomegranates. It is also better to avoid hot dishes.
- Kefir and other dairy products, drunk before going to bed, will help in the morning to empty the intestines naturally.
- It is necessary to eat fractionally.
- Potatoes, pastries should be ruled out.
- Drinks are best taken cool.
- Spicy seasonings, spicy stimulate the intestines.
- Food is only swallowed well chewed.
- Laxatives should not be abused.
- The first urge to defecate should not be ignored. You can’t tolerate at all.
- Sugar, carbonated drinks, smoked meats, coffee should be excluded.
- It is necessary to think about increasing physical activity, if it is absent.
Medicines that improve peristalsis
Guttalax is addictive.
To improve the functioning of the intestine, drugs are prescribed that increase the motility and muscle tone.
It can be vasopressin, proserin. But self-medication is dangerous, so you can take these drugs only after they are prescribed by a doctor.
Laxatives may be used to improve bowel contraction. They are divided into groups depending on which section of the intestine they affect.
- General-purpose laxatives. This group includes drugs that have a beneficial effect on all intestinal departments at once. For example. Epsom salt increases the osmotic pressure, as a result, the intestine is emptied after an hour and a half.
- Means for the small intestine. The classic drug is castor oil. It facilitates the advancement of the food lump, improves motor skills. Defecation occurs after 2 - 5 hours. Among the unpleasant side effects are possible pain.
- Means for the large intestine. These are mainly herbal preparations, for example, buckthorn bark. The action is the ability to enhance the tone of the walls.
- Synthetic means. Guttalax and the like are effective. However, they are dangerous because addiction is possible.
Peristalsis can be restored by increasing physical activity. There are special exercises that stimulate the intestines. They will help improve blood circulation in the pelvic organs. Among the useful exercises - "Bicycle", "Kitty", lifting legs in a prone position.
Have you noticed a mistake? Select it and press Ctrl + Enterto let us know.
The physiological basis of intestinal motility
Intestinal motility: what is it? Sequential wave-like contractions of the muscles of the walls of the organ needed to move the contents.
Intestinal motility is controlled by the autonomic nervous system. The muscles in the walls are arranged in two layers: in one - longitudinally, in the other - circularly (annularly). From the brain, nerve fibers receive information about their contraction or relaxation.
The successive change of these conditions ensures the movement of food, and then feces to the anus. The process of evacuation (defecation) also requires peristaltic movements of the intestinal wall.
Thanks to peristalsis, the digestive system delivers the fluids necessary for the absorption of nutrients and the processing of the remaining: bile outflow from the gallbladder into the small intestine, and pancreatic juice from the pancreas. Therefore, motility is important not only for transportation, but also for the digestion of food.
Intestinal peristalsis in each of the digestive tract has its own specifics. First, the contents of the stomach enter the duodenum. Muscle contractions in it occur in response to stimulation of the walls by food, they can be slow, elevated or rapid. Typically, several types of peristaltic waves travel at the same time.
In the jejunum and ileum, motility is less intense. In the thick section, food is digested for a long time. The contractions occur only several times a day and move the contents to the anal sphincter.
Reasons for violation
Enhanced, active intestinal motility is one of the types of its disturbance, in which contractions occur frequently, and food moves very quickly, without having time to digest.
The causes of this dysfunction can be:
- substances that excessively irritate the intestinal wall - drugs, sour or spicy foods,
- a large amount of food
- inflammatory processes in the intestines - colitis, enterocolitis, gastritis,
- psycho-emotional overload, stress, irritable bowel syndrome.
Inhibition or absence of peristalsis, when wall contractions are rare, slow, or none at all, occurs for the following reasons:
- frequent and uncontrolled eating of junk food
- chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract - colitis, gastritis,
- tumors - polyps, cancer,
- abdominal surgery
- age-related changes - muscle atrophy, hormonal failure, chronic pathologies,
- hypodynamic lifestyle
- the effect of drugs.
Symptoms of intestinal motility disorders depend on its type.
With increased, frequent contraction of the muscle walls occur:
- Spasmodic pains. Irritation of the intestinal walls and increased peristalsis lead to a sharp and intensive reduction of its walls. The symptom intensifies after eating, taking medication, and decreases during sleep.
- Frequent stools, sometimes loose (diarrhea).
- Increased flatulence, bloating.
- Changes in the nature of feces: it becomes liquid, mucus appears, sometimes streaks of blood.
- After visiting the toilet, there is a feeling that the intestines are not completely empty.
- Abdominal pains of various localization and intensity. During the day, they can manifest themselves with either barely noticeable discomfort, or severe spasms.Often this symptom subsides after defecation, gas release, during sleep, and intensifies after eating.
- Excessive flatulence, bloating.
- Constipation Violations of the stool of this type are persistent, but in rare cases alternate with diarrhea, in the absence of treatment turn into a chronic form.
- Weight gain occurs due to digestive disorders and metabolic processes in the body.
- Signs of intoxication: general well-being, weakness, headaches, bad mood, allergic reactions, skin rashes. A prolonged presence in the intestine of processed products leads to the absorption of toxins from them.
To know how to restore, normalize intestinal motility, it is necessary to find out the nature of the disorder and its causes.
The minimum set of diagnostic methods includes:
- Finger examination.
- Coprogram - analysis of feces to detect dysbiosis and other digestive disorders.
- Endoscopy is an instrumental examination of the intestine. More on the use of anesthesia for colonoscopy →
- Irrigoscopy - an X-ray examination with the introduction of a contrast agent into the intestine.
In complex cases, ultrasound of the abdominal cavity and pelvic organs, computed tomography can be prescribed. Based on the results of the data received, the doctor makes a diagnosis and prescribes treatment.
What are the consequences of intestinal motility
Poor intestinal motility contributes to stagnation of feces. As a result, bacteria actively multiply there, and the processes of decay begin. The resulting toxins are absorbed into the bloodstream and flow to various organs, disrupting their work.
First of all, the liver suffers. Receiving an increased load, she does not cope with the filtering function. The signs of intoxication are growing: headaches, lethargy, drowsiness, decreased mood, worsening of the skin condition in the hair, the appearance of acne and other rashes.
With a large loss of fluid, chills, tachycardia, dizziness develop. If medical care is not provided, these conditions develop into shortness of breath, convulsions, vomiting, increased heart rate.
Another complication of increased intestinal motility is insufficient absorption of nutrients, which can lead to disruption of metabolic processes in the body.
Violation of intestinal motility requires treatment, as it worsens well-being and can lead to complications. Therapy is carried out comprehensively, involves the correction of nutrition, the implementation of special physical exercises and medication. The doctor makes all appointments after establishing the cause of the violations and determining their nature.
Treatment of sluggish peristalsis of the intestines and stomach is aimed at its stimulation. It is necessary to exclude high-calorie foods from the diet: sweets, fatty dishes. Also banned are products that increase gas production and fermentation: legumes, boiled eggs, fresh baked goods, fresh milk.
The basis of the daily menu should be vegetables, fruits, cereals, bran - sources of fiber. Eating often and in small portions is necessary. Drink about 2 liters of water during the day.
When changes in nutrition are not enough, the doctor prescribes drugs to enhance intestinal motility:
- increasing muscle tone of the walls (vasopressin, prozerin),
- Laxatives (Epsom salts, castor oil, Senade, Regulax, magnesia).
An exemplary morning gymnastics complex could be:
- Exercise "bike" lying on your back. Perform 25 times.
- Lying on your back, bend your legs and pull to your chest, hold for 5 seconds, return to its original position. Perform 10-12 times.
- Lying on your back, raise straight legs and put behind your head, slowly lower. Perform 10-12 times.
- Standing, feet shoulder width apart, perform twisting the body left and right. Perform 10-12 times in each direction.
- Walking in place for 3-5 minutes.
With increased and frequent reduction of the intestinal walls, another treatment is prescribed, since in this case it is necessary to reduce peristalsis. The diet is compiled individually, based on the observations of the patient.
It is necessary to determine which foods cause irritation and cramping. Most often these are spicy, smoked, fatty dishes, carbonated drinks and alcohol, milk. Products to reduce intestinal motility - stewed and boiled vegetables, rice, oats, jelly.
To eliminate increased intestinal motility, drugs are prescribed that slow it: Imodium, Loperamide, Lopedium, Diar. Therapeutic gymnastics is aimed at relaxing the muscles, physical exercises are combined with breathing. When choosing them, the main thing is to avoid stress on the muscles of the press.
Starting position: standing on all fours or lying on your back. Suitable exercises from yoga, Pilates ("kitty", stretching the oblique muscles). More on improving peristalsis →
Since it is often difficult to establish peristalsis in an adult, it is worth paying attention to the prevention of its disorders:
- visit a gastroenterologist at least once a year in order to timely detect and eliminate diseases of the gastrointestinal tract,
- maintain moderate physical activity - take walks and bicycles, visit the pool, etc.,
- observe a diet and adhere to a healthy diet - a diet for normal intestinal motility includes eating foods high in fiber, refusing sweets, legumes, pastries, spicy and seasoned dishes.
Intestinal motility is its ability to rhythmically contract walls. It is necessary for moving food from the stomach to the anus, as well as for its digestion.
In violation of peristalsis, its weakening or strengthening occurs. Both conditions bring discomfort, complications and require treatment. To restore the normal functioning of the intestine, nutritional correction, medication, and exercise are necessary.
Symptoms of pathology
Violation of intestinal motility is manifested as follows:
- In the abdomen there are frequent pains of various localization. They can cause both slight discomfort and acute cramps, intensifying and weakening at different times of the day.
- Flatulence and bloating.
- Violations of the stool. Prolonged constipation is often followed by diarrhea. If constipation becomes chronic, it will be possible to empty the intestines only with the help of cleansing or laxative enemas.
- Weight gain. Since the process of digestion and assimilation of food is disturbed, many patients begin to recover greatly.
- General well-being begins to deteriorate, weakness, insomnia, irritability occur.
- There are signs of intoxication, allergic reactions develop, the skin is covered with acne, pustules, rashes.
If such symptoms occur, you should immediately consult a doctor in order to diagnose and cure this disease in a timely manner.
The main methods of treatment
In order to normalize intestinal motility, several measures are carried out, including the use of drugs, the implementation of special exercises and nutrition adjustment. A good result is the use of traditional medicine: decoctions and infusions of medicinal herbs, prepared mixtures that enhance peristalsis.
Drugs that improve intestinal motility, have a stimulating effect, increase muscle tone of this organ and enhance motility. These include: "Proserin", "Vasopressin" and "Aceclidine." The intake of such medicines should be carried out under the supervision of a physician.
In addition, laxatives are used to enhance the contractile function of the organ. Such agents that improve intestinal motility, exist in large numbers, which affect certain parts of the body.
Under the influence of such synthetic drugs as “Bisacodyl”, “Phenolphthalein”, “Guttalax”, the intestines are strengthened and constipation is eliminated. But it should be remembered that addiction can occur to them, and their use is often accompanied by intestinal colic and allergic reactions.
The course of therapy also includes drugs that normalize the functioning of the central nervous system, improve the psychological state and help in the fight against stress - these are tranquilizers, antipsychotics and antidepressants.
Of great importance in the treatment of bowel failure is nutritional correction. Thanks to this, the normal function of the digestive system is established, and toxins are removed from this organ. All products that affect intestinal motility, are divided into two types: reducing it and reinforcing.
- hot drinks (coffee, tea, cocoa),
- pastry (muffins, cakes, cookies, pies, cakes),
- mashed vegetables, mashed soups,
- quince, pear, compotes from them,
- red grape wines
- rice decoctions, cereals,
- butter, eggs, meat dishes,
- bird cherry, chokeberry.
Products that improve intestinal motility:
- stewed fruit, mineral water,
- dairy products,
- ice cream,
- high fiber vegetables
- dried fruits,
- cereals: buckwheat, oat, barley,
- greens, nuts.
Treatment with folk remedies
How to improve intestinal motility folk remedies? To do this, use the recipes of traditional medicine below.
Laxative mixture. To cook it, take 1 tbsp. l sprouted wheat grains, 2 tbsp. l oat flakes, 2 apples, 1 tbsp. l chopped nuts and honey, half a lemon. The apples are rubbed on a coarse grater and combined with the remaining components, add 2 tbsp. l warm water and lemon juice. A thoroughly mixed mixture is consumed without restrictions throughout the day.
Buckthorn broth. One tablespoon of buckthorn bark is poured with 500 ml of boiling water, for some time it is insisted and drunk instead of tea.
Wheat bran. Take them should be 1-2 tbsp. l., washed down with water. This is a very effective way to cleanse the intestines and the formation of the required amount of feces.
In addition, traditional medicine proposes the use of the following substances that improve intestinal motility: freshly squeezed juices, rare juice, fruit broths, cabbage brine, tea with the addition of dried cherries and apples. It is also necessary to move a lot, be as often as possible in the fresh air, walk, and also run and swim.
How to improve intestinal motility in a child?
Treatment of intestinal dysfunction in young children depends on the causes of its occurrence. With obstruction and pylorospasm, surgical treatment is performed. In the case of dysbiosis, the child is given drugs that supply beneficial bacteria to the digestive tract. If peristalsis is impaired due to improper mixture, it should be replaced.
Thus, to the question: "How to improve intestinal motility?" A response has been received. For this, various methods are used - medications are used, nutrition is adjusted, and alternative medicine also comes to the rescue. But self-medication is not worth it, but you should definitely consult a specialist.
How to restore bowel function?
The work of the intestine directly depends on its peristalsis and the composition of beneficial microflora. When these two components deviate from the norm due to illness, malnutrition or lifestyle, a person begins to experience problems with stool (diarrhea, constipation), bloating, heartburn, increased gas formation in the intestines, belching and other unpleasant symptoms.
How to restore the intestines, if you are faced with a similar, and is it possible to do this in principle, when the problem became chronic?
In the vast majority of cases, this is possible. The main thing, starting from the cause of the violation, is to eliminate factors that adversely affect the digestive system and create all conditions for the formation of normal intestinal microflora.
Restoring the work of the gastrointestinal tract after abdominal surgery
Any surgical intervention entails unpleasant consequences. First of all, this affects the work of the intestines. Anesthesia, antibiotic therapy and painkillers can lead to impaired peristalsis, intestinal microflora and digestibility, exacerbation of chronic ailments of the gastrointestinal tract.
During abdominal operations, intestinal adhesions are often formed, which also adversely affects its work.
After surgery, the intestines will help restore:
- A diet specially selected by the doctor
- The course of treatment of dysbiosis with probiotics and prebiotics,
- Development and observance of the correct diet,
- Reception of enzymes, regulators of motility,
- Physiotherapy exercises.
Medication restores the intestines only for a while - after discontinuation of the drug, problems usually return. Therefore, it is necessary to develop the correct diet and daily routine, and then adhere to it.
To prevent the formation of adhesions on the intestines, daily gymnastics, walking and, if possible, an active lifestyle are recommended.
How to establish normal bowel movement after prolonged use of laxatives?
People suffering from constipation often abuse laxatives, which leads to stretching of the rectum, its hypotension and, as a result, to a chronic form of constipation.
To get rid of constipation and restore intestinal motility, it is necessary to establish a diet and exclude foods that slow down intestinal motility from the diet. In addition, you should include in it more fluid and food, stimulating the motor activity of the intestine.
The entire daily volume of food per day should be divided into at least 4 doses, the amount of fluid used (preferably drinking water) should be at least 1.5-2 liters per day. It is advisable to choose bread from coarse flour, with the addition of bran. Porridge should be prepared from millet, oat, buckwheat or pearl barley.
Also, a large number of vegetables (zucchini, beets, carrots and pumpkins), fruits (apples, pears, kiwi, figs), berries and sour-milk products should be included in the diet.
Products that cause increased fermentation in the intestines (legumes, cabbage, grapes, etc.), containing essential oils (radishes, garlic, turnips, etc.) and tannins (jelly, strong tea) are not recommended for use.
We restore the balance of intestinal microflora after taking antibiotics
The use of antibiotics used in the treatment of inflammatory and other diseases is very often accompanied by inhibition of beneficial microflora in the intestines of the digestive tract and dysbiosis.
To restore the bacterial balance and improve the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract after antibiotics, prebiotics and probiotics are usually prescribed, it is recommended that proper nutrition and an active lifestyle are followed.
Treatment of dysbiosis with prebiotics and probiotics is carried out in a long course. Usually 1-2 courses are enough to restore the balance of beneficial bacteria. It is also necessary to follow a balanced diet.
It is very important to drink plenty of fluids, include vegetable fats (olive and sunflower oils) in the diet, and minimize the number of baked goods, spicy and fried foods.
Any disease is better to prevent than to treat.Therefore, probiotics and prebiotics are often prescribed together with antibiotics. Also, to prevent the occurrence of dysbiosis during the treatment period, you can use folk remedies.
As prophylactic agents, they are great for:
- Herbal preparations
- Dog-rose fruit,
- Sour berries
- Fermented milk products of own fermentation (yogurt, yogurt, kefir).
Normalize stool after childbirth
In the last months of pregnancy, the woman’s intestines are in a compressed state, which makes it difficult for him to work properly. Therefore, the tone of the intestinal wall weakens and peristalsis is disturbed.
Most often, to restore intestinal motility after giving birth, it is enough to follow a proper diet. Food should contain fiber, fats, proteins, micro - and macro elements, vitamins. It is better to refrain from spicy and fried foods.
Products that improve intestinal motility:
- Vegetables (carrots, beets, zucchini, broccoli, etc.),
- Fruits (apple, pear, plum, etc.),
- Dried fruits (dried apricots, dried prunes),
- Vegetable soups
- Wholemeal or bran bread,
- Dairy products.
The rapid restoration of the body and the functioning of the intestines are also facilitated by classes in therapeutic exercises and massage of the abdomen. The following video will tell you how to perform them:
Restore the intestines after diarrhea
The causes of diarrhea can be acute intestinal infections, poisoning, dysbiosis, side effects when taking medications. Diarrhea leads to dehydration, leaching of the intestinal microflora and its colonization by pathogenic microorganisms, disruption of the water-salt balance.
To restore the intestines during the first days after diarrhea, fasting and drinking plenty of fluids is recommended. On the second day, a strict diet of lean meat broths and steamed food is prescribed.
In this case, folk remedies will help restore the intestines. To restore normal stool, it is recommended to drink green tea, decoctions of rosehip, quince, bird cherry and blueberry. On the 4th day you can include vegetables, meat and fish dishes, cereals and dairy products in the diet.
Bifidobacteria contained in probiotics and fermented milk products will help normalize the intestinal microflora. Recommended fermented milk products: yogurt, yogurt, fermented baked milk, kefir, cottage cheese. A sparing diet after diarrhea is recommended to be observed for at least 2-3 weeks.
Recovery of intestinal motility
Increased intestinal motility occurs for many reasons. According to statistics, every second inhabitant of our planet has problems with the digestive system. Under the influence of provoking factors, it is the intestine that first loses its functions, which contributes to the development of metabolic disorders and chronic diseases. Normal well-being and working ability of a person depend on the work of the gastrointestinal tract. The slightest malfunctions in the functioning of the digestive system negatively affect the general condition of the body, create the prerequisites for a weakening of immunity.
What causes peristalsis?
The causes of poor peristalsis can be:
- Unhealthy diet with a predominance of high-calorie foods,
- Chronic diseases of the digestive system,
- Benign and cancerous intestinal tumors,
- Complications after abdominal surgery,
- Sedentary lifestyle,
- Elderly age,
- Genetic predisposition
- Neurological disorders
- Constant stress
- Taking medications that impair intestinal motility.
Improper nutrition is becoming the main cause of intestinal motility. Modern people are used to having snacks on the go, refusing a full hot lunch. An excess of starch, fat and sugar contributes to the occurrence of fermentation processes in the intestines.
Through the intestinal walls, toxins penetrate the abdominal cavity, poisoning the blood and internal organs. By the age of 35, the intestine is so clogged that the fecal stones formed in it injure the mucous membranes. The patient begins to feel that the intestines are not working. The absence of peristalsis leads to a delay in feces, stagnation of blood in the abdominal cavity, the occurrence of hemorrhoids, the formation of benign and malignant tumors. For the normal functioning of the intestines and the functioning of beneficial bacteria, a weakly acidic environment and the intake of a large amount of fiber, which is contained in fresh vegetables and fruits, are required.
It is necessary to begin to restore intestinal motility with a lifestyle change. Most diseases of the digestive system develops against the backdrop of physical inactivity, sedentary work and prolonged bed rest. Moderate exercise is the most effective stimulator of intestinal motility. For this, it is necessary to allocate at least 10-15 minutes to complete the exercises. Especially useful are daily walks in the fresh air.
The cause of poor bowel function in old age is considered to be: the development of concomitant pathologies, hormonal disorders, muscle weakness and damage to the nerve endings that control the gastrointestinal tract.
Enhanced intestinal motility is observed in chronic pathologies of the stomach, gall bladder and pancreas. Malignant neoplasms, stresses, infectious diseases and poisoning can contribute to organ dysfunction. Enhances peristalsis and prolonged use of certain medications. However, the occurrence of most digestive problems contributes to malnutrition, the use of fast food and convenience foods. Increased peristalsis leads to flatulence, diarrhea, abdominal pain. This is due to the course of decay processes.
How are peristalsis disorders manifested?
The main sign of dyskinesia is pain of varying intensity and localization. The severity of discomfort varies from mild discomfort to severe cramping. The pain disappears after defecation or the release of gases. Their intensity decreases in the evening and at night. Unpleasant symptoms resume after a morning meal. Enhanced gas formation contributes to the course of fermentation processes. Chronic constipation is followed by diarrhea. In the future, the intestine begins to empty only after taking a laxative or setting an enema. The weakening of peristalsis contributes to the formation of fatty deposits.
The patient's condition worsens: he experiences weakness, sleeps poorly, and becomes irritable. Symptoms of intoxication are increasing - skin rashes, acne, headaches. With increased intestinal motility, body temperature often rises and persistent diarrhea appears. The absorption of insufficient amounts of nutrients contributes to weight loss. In such situations, you need to know exactly how to restore intestinal motility.
Restoring the digestive system involves an integrated approach. The therapeutic course includes taking medications, performing special exercises, drawing up a balanced diet. Decoctions of medicinal plants, which can increase intestinal motility, are highly effective. A stimulant drug should be prescribed by your doctor, do not pick it up yourself.
You can increase the intestinal contractility with the help of a laxative. Currently, there are a large number of drugs that affect certain sections of the digestive system. Glauber's salt stimulates peristalsis of the entire intestine. This is the most effective and fastest drug. Its intake increases the osmotic pressure, due to which the absorption of fluid slows down. Defecation occurs 1-2 hours after taking the pill.
A laxative that enhances small bowel contractions facilitates the movement of overcooked food toward the anus. The effect is observed 5-6 hours after the use of the drug. Preparations that improve the functioning of the large intestine can be made on the basis of plant and chemical components. They increase the tone of the body, accelerate the excretion of feces. Antidepressants, tranquilizers, and antipsychotics can be used to treat adult dyskinesia. How to increase intestinal motility with a diet?
All foods are divided into 2 groups: those that enhance contractions, and those that weaken them. The second can include: chocolate, coffee, strong tea, butter products, jelly, rice porridge, pears, apples, chicken eggs, butter. Acceleration of intestinal motility occurs with the use of berry fruit drinks, kvass, white wine, mineral water, kefir, fresh vegetables, and dried fruits. The digestive system can be normalized with the help of freshly squeezed juices of carrots, beets and cabbage. These same vegetables can be used to make salads. You need to eat as often as possible, the portions should be small. From the diet, it is necessary to exclude fatty and fried foods, sausages, canned goods, confectionery products. A glass of water drunk before meals helps get rid of constipation. At least 2 liters of fluid should be consumed per day. The doctor will advise how to establish the intestines in folk ways.
To restore the functions of the digestive system, there is a recipe that increases peristalsis. For cooking, you need to take 1 tbsp. l sprouted wheat grains, 2 tbsp. l oatmeal, 2 medium apples, 1 small lemon and 1 tbsp. l honey. The apples are grated and mixed with the rest of the ingredients and warm water. The drug is consumed in any quantities for a week. A mixture of dried fruits has a laxative effect. 0.5 kg of prunes and dried apricots are passed through a meat grinder and mixed with 50 g of propolis, 200 g of senna and 200 ml of fresh honey. The medicine is taken in 2 tsp. before going to bed with a glass of cool water.
A decoction of buckthorn has a pronounced laxative effect. 1 tbsp. l raw materials pour 0.5 liters of boiling water, insist for 3 hours and use instead of tea. Plantain seeds after getting into the intestine increase in size, which contributes to the rapid excretion of digestion products. The crushed seeds take 1 tsp before meals. Wheat bran is eaten with warm water. They are necessary for the formation of a sufficient amount of feces. Fruit and vegetable juices, cabbage brine, compote from apples and cherries have a mild laxative effect.
The course of treatment should be accompanied by an increase in physical activity. You can’t go to bed immediately after eating, it is recommended to take walks or just walk around the house. Active sports - swimming, running, aerobics - restore the digestive system. Useful are a light massage of the abdomen, hardening, special exercises. They are performed in a supine position. The legs are bent at the knees and lifted, making circular movements. This increases the strength of the abdominal muscles, restores the blood supply to organs, improves peristalsis. Established bowel tone is the best prevention of diseases of the digestive system.
With increased intestinal motility, it is necessary to cleanse the body of toxins. Enterosorbents - activated carbon, Smecta, Enterosgel - help with this. They bind harmful substances and remove them from the body. Intense bowel contractions often become a symptom of irritable bowel. Treatment involves the rejection of instant foods and foods that provoke fermentation. Antispasmodics are used to get rid of pain. With frequent stools, it is necessary to take an antidiarrheal drug (Loperamide or Imodium).
Peristaltic activity may be impaired due to a number of factors. Sometimes the disorder occurs due to a genetic factor or due to another disease, after which side effects started. A special risk group includes patients in whom:
- Constantly stressful situations arise that overload the work of the nervous system,
- Improper diet and diet (this includes starvation or overeating, neglecting a full meal, eating heavy foods that are difficult to digest),
- There is practically no physical activity,
A number of external factors, genes and age provoke malfunctioning of the intestines in adults.
- There was prolonged use of pain medication,
- On an ongoing basis, dysbiosis, various infections are observed (it is because of the toxins that appear that peristalsis decreases),
- There are tumor formations, due to which malfunctions of the nervous system occur,
- Bad habits are present (drugs and alcohol strongly affect the central nervous system, the tone of organs decreases),
- Helminthiasis detected
- Previously, surgical interventions in the gastrointestinal tract were performed,
- Malfunctions in the psyche are observed (people who are in a state of strong mental stress),
- There are various diseases of the endocrine system.
It must be remembered that not in all cases the disease is a factor for the appearance of atonitis. Such phenomena can be observed due to stressful situations, during which the adult patient has a feeling of anxiety and panic, affecting the activity of peristalsis. In any case, the lack of treatment will not lead to anything good.
Poor peristalsis can be observed not only in mature patients, but also in children. Many believe that such a phenomenon as atonitis will pass by itself and does not need treatment. But this opinion is erroneous, because the baby's general condition worsens and intoxication begins. What are the causes of sluggish peristalsis in childhood?
Heredity and poor nutrition provoke problems with intestinal motility in children.
- A decrease in peristaltic activity may occur due to a hereditary factor that appears even when a woman is pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Atony is characteristic of young patients who experience stressful situations.
- Peristalsis worsens if the child is changed nutrition. For example, this happens when the baby is weaned.
- The syndrome can occur in cases where little water enters the body of the child.
Massage will help get rid of an unpleasant symptom. In addition, the doctor prescribes special suppositories from glycerin, which cause the natural release of mass of feces from the body, improving the process of peristalsis.
When an elderly person moves a little or has previously experienced surgery, he may experience constipation. The use of chamomile enemas, frequent walks in the fresh air, and the introduction of dairy products into the diet will help to cope with this. An important point is the presence in the menu of well-ground products that cause an increase in peristaltic activity.
Such a problem as constipation causes a certain discomfort in a pregnant woman. A similar symptom appears due to the fact that in this period of life in the body of the expectant mother, a special type of hormone, progesterone, begins to be produced. Due to its action, peristaltic activity decreases, as a result of which undigested food products are retained in the intestines more than expected.In addition, the filled digestive tract presses on the enlarging uterus, in which the fetus ripens. This interaction of organs is considered normal, because they have a common innervation.
To cope with such a problem will help a balanced diet and proper mode. To maintain health, a pregnant woman should refuse fatty, heavy foods (hamburgers, etc.). Expectant mother needs to drink more fluid. To avoid stagnation of blood in the pelvis, you need to walk more often in the air, to minimize sitting. If such recommendations do not give a result, you need to consult a doctor who will prescribe the medicine. Pregnancy is a temporary phenomenon, and when the baby is born, the body will begin to recover.
There are several symptoms by which the presence of weakened peristalsis can be determined. First of all, the main symptom is constipation. They occur in cases where the patient did not go to the toilet for 48 hours or more. In this case, pain in the abdomen and uncomfortable feelings due to bloating appear. Pain can constantly occur due to the appearance of stressful situations, overstrain or sharp physical exertion. As a result, the patient turns pale, weakness occurs, and the general condition of the body worsens. If a person has atonitis lasting more than 3 days, the temperature and pressure indicators increase. At the same time, a person can reject food without having an interest in it. In most cases, this type of constipation is accompanied by drowsiness. Sometimes the patient increases weight, develops allergies or affects the skin.
Excessive intestinal motility is fraught with water depletion.
Peristalsis can be not only weakened, but also increased. Excessively active peristalsis is observed when the intestinal walls begin to contract faster, while the stool becomes more frequent up to 8 times a day. As a result of this, dehydration occurs, salts and useful trace elements are lost. There are several factors due to which increased activity of intestinal motility. First of all, these are intestinal diseases, such as acute intestinal infections, dysbiosis, oncological diseases of the digestive organs, exacerbation of chronic ailments. In addition, the occurrence of diarrhea may indicate that harmful food that has a harmful effect has entered the body. This is a kind of protective function. As a result of this, the patient has an increase in gas formation, flatulence begins. The patient may notice small white lumps in the feces - these are compounds of certain trace elements with fatty acids. Violent peristalsis is accompanied by pain in the abdomen, and mucus may appear in the feces.
To start treatment, you need to look at the reasons why accelerated peristalsis. For the treatment of rapid intestinal motility, the doctor prescribes drugs that will help reduce its activity. To stimulate a decrease in the tone of the processes, the doctor may prescribe absorbent drugs that bind harmful substances and stimulate the intestines.
To restore and normalize the work of intestinal motility, there are many means. Medicine offers a wide selection of drugs that can cause increased efficiency of peristalsis, while increasing the overall tone of the body. You can use tools to improve, such as:
- "Regulax", which has a laxative effect.
- "Pancreatin", due to which there is a normalization of digestion of food.
- "Espumisan", which contributes to the disappearance of swelling.
- "Cerucal", which can enhance intestinal motility.
- Amiridin, due to the action of which there is an improvement in the transmission of momentum to the muscles. Such a drug is used only under the supervision of a doctor!
Diet and diet
The intestines can be improved by using a specially organized diet and a well-designed diet. Products such as tomatoes, lean meats, prunes, vegetable soups and juices, and baked apples can make the body work. Yogurt, yogurt, kefir are excellent stimulants, when used sluggish peristalsis is activated. The weakening of peristalsis will disappear if the patient has the correct diet. It includes the use of food in small portions 5 times a day. In addition, peristalsis works well and remains active for a long time, if a person's regime will be supported by physical activity.
You can restore peristalsis using a special set of exercises that will help to establish processes. For example, to increase peristaltic tone, the patient is placed in a prone position, after which he must make circular movements with raised legs.
Normalization of peristalsis is facilitated by a special massage. Stimulation of the digestive processes by massage is possible only under the guidance of a doctor who will monitor the situation.
How to improve peristalsis with folk remedies for the intestine?
Many of the patients are treated with folk remedies. This is a safe method for those who do not have allergic reactions, because some substances are irritants to the body. How to improve intestinal motility?
- To reduce or increase the activity of processes, different methods are used. Strengthening and restoration of peristalsis is possible when using mixtures of aloe leaves.
- To increase the efficiency of the intestine and bring it to normal, they take powder from large-leaf teas, which are ground and taken before meals 4 times a day.
- Regular consumption of semolina without sugar and salt causes an increase in peristaltic activity, which means that the entire intestine will be normal.
- Roast, in which beans and pumpkin are present, enhances the performance of weakened peristalsis.
A decrease in the efficiency of peristalsis, a decrease in bowel tone - these are the factors that can provoke the appearance of a mass of unpleasant symptoms, which means that a person has discomfort. In such a situation, it is necessary to immediately introduce therapeutic measures, because their absence will lead to complications.
To normalize the functioning of the intestine, there are many drugs that are selected only with the help of a doctor. For speedy recovery using natural medicines that do not contain chemical additives. But they are better not to use for people with allergies. It will not be difficult to force peristalsis to function normally, if the patient has no bad habits, he adheres to the correct diet.
Causes of impaired peristalsis
Weak intestinal motility can be caused by a number of provoking factors:
- Unbalanced diet with a predominance in the diet of high-calorie food of small volume
- Chronic diseases of the intestines and internal organs (liver, pancreas, gall bladder)
- Benign and malignant tumors of the intestine
- Abdominal Surgery
- Inadequately active lifestyle (lack of exercise)
- Age factor
- Genetic predisposition
- Disturbances in the central nervous system, prolonged stress
- Taking medications that affect intestinal motility
Errors in nutrition are becoming the main cause of constipation. Many are used to satisfying hunger with quick snacks, preferring a full-fledged lunch to a sausage sandwich or fast food products combined with carbonated drinks or strong coffee. As a result of consumption of flour and starchy foods containing excess fat and sugar, fermentation and rotting begin in the intestine.
Through the walls of the large intestine, toxic substances penetrate into the abdominal cavity, poisoning the surrounding organs (liver, kidneys). By the age of 40, the intestines are strongly slagged, so-called fecal stones begin to form, the passage of which through the digestive tract causes damage to its mucous membrane. The absence of peristalsis leads to persistent constipation, stagnation of blood in the pelvic organs, the development of hemorrhoids, the formation of polyps and tumors.
For the normal functioning of the intestine and the functioning of beneficial microorganisms, a weak acid environment and a sufficient amount of dietary fiber are needed, which can be obtained by eating vegetables, fruits, cereals, dairy products.
The proper functioning of the intestines is largely dependent on lifestyle. The onset of many gastrointestinal diseases is provoked by sedentary work, lack of movement and adequate physical exertion. To enhance intestinal motility, it is necessary to carry out a set of daily exercises, including morning exercises and warm-up at work. Long walks in the fresh air will be of great benefit.
In old age, intestinal motility disorders are caused by the progression of concomitant diseases, hormonal causes, muscle atrophy and a decrease in muscle tone. In old age, atonic type constipation predominates, the development of which is associated with impaired innervation of the nerve nodes responsible for gastrointestinal motility and age-related tissue hypoxia.
Disorders of intestinal motility (dyskinesia) manifested by a wide variety of symptoms:
- Frequent abdominal pains of different localization. The intensity of the pain syndrome can range from slight discomfort to acute spasms and increase or decrease depending on the time of day. For example, pain disappears after defecation or exhaustion of gases, they can subside in the afternoon and completely disappear during sleep, then resuming during breakfast, after taking drinks containing caffeine (coffee, strong tea). Pain can be aggravated by emotional upheaval and stress.
- Flatulence, bloating. Increased gas formation often accompanies the process of digestion of food.
- Violations of the stool. Persistent constipation, which can be replaced by diarrhea, is characteristic. Over time, constipation becomes chronic, and intestinal emptying can only be achieved with the help of laxatives or cleansing enemas.
- Weight gain. Many patients, as the digestive process and digestion are disturbed, begin to gain extra pounds.
- Deterioration of general condition, weakness, irritability, insomnia.
- An increase in symptoms of intoxication of the body, the development of allergic reactions, damage to the skin (acne, rash, pustules).
If such adverse symptoms occur, it is necessary to rush to a doctor to diagnose and timely treat the pathological condition of the intestine.
Improving and enhancing intestinal motility
Treatment of intestinal motility implies an integrated approach, including prescribing drugs, adjusting nutrition and performing special exercises. A good result is the use of traditional medicine: decoctions and infusions of medicinal herbs, the preparation of mixtures that enhance peristalsis.
In the treatment of intestinal motility disorders, drugs with a stimulating effect, enhancing motility and increasing intestinal muscle tone (proserin, aceclidine and vasopressin) are successfully used. All appointments must be made by a doctor, and medication is administered under his supervision.
To enhance the contractile function of the intestines, laxatives are used. With their help, intestinal emptying is accelerated by enhancing its peristalsis. Currently, there are a large number of various laxatives, their use will be due to the need to impact on certain sections of the intestine. All laxatives can be divided into several main groups:
- Laxatives acting on the entire intestine. This is English and Glauber's salt, they are considered the most powerful and fastest means. When they are taken, the osmotic pressure in the intestinal lumen increases, which prevents the absorption of the liquid part of the chyme and leads to increased peristalsis. The effect after administration occurs in 1-2 hours and promotes rapid emptying in acute constipation.
- Laxatives acting on the small intestine. These tools include castor oil. Its intake facilitates the movement of contents through the intestines, increases its motility and accelerates the process of emptying. The effect after taking a laxative occurs within 2-6 hours and may be accompanied by moderate spastic abdominal pain.
- Laxatives affecting the large intestine. Such drugs can be herbal and synthetic. Herbal preparations are based on medicinal herbs and plants: rhubarb roots, buckthorn, licorice, senna leaves and are available in the form of powders, tinctures, dry extracts, candles or drops. Their action is manifested in an increase in colon tone and restoration of the bowel movement. Such a modern drug as Regulax contains senna leaves and fruits, mashed plums and figs, paraffin, kafiol. It is well tolerated and used for intestinal atony caused by stress, physical inactivity and malnutrition.
Synthetic drugs include Phenolphthalein, Bisacodyl, Guttalax. These funds are available in the form of tablets, rectal suppositories, drops. Under their action, intestinal motility increases, they effectively help with constipation and intestinal atony, which develops after surgery. But addiction can occur to these funds, and their administration is accompanied by allergic reactions and intestinal colic.
The course of therapy may include drugs that normalize the central nervous system, improve the psychological state and help fight stress - antipsychotics, tranquilizers and antidepressants.
Causes of pathology
Intestinal peristalsis is reduced and increased. The causes of weak peristalsis are such factors:
- improper or unbalanced nutrition,
- the presence of chronic ailments of the gastrointestinal tract,
- genetic predisposition
- malignant / benign neoplasm of the intestine,
- surgical intervention in the abdominal cavity,
- treatment with medications that weaken organ motility,
- disruptions in the central nervous system.
To normalize peristalsis, medications and diet are needed. Without fail, foods that enhance peristalsis are included in the diet. The main cause of obstructed bowel movements are errors in the diet. Frequent snacking, abuse of fast food, coffee and carbonated drinks can provoke this pathology. Starchy and flour foods contain a lot of sugar, fats, which contribute to the process of fermentation, rotting in the intestines.
Against the background of malnutrition, toxins penetrate into the abdominal cavity through the large intestine, which causes poisoning of the liver and kidneys. Such factors provoke slagging of the body, which in turn leads to the formation of fecal stones that damage the mucous membrane, overlapping the intestinal lumen.When peristalsis is absent, a person suffers from chronic constipation, which can lead to stagnation of blood in the pelvis, the formation of tumors and polyps, hemorrhoids.
In order for the intestines to function properly, proper nutrition should be organized, to ensure the presence of foods that increase peristalsis in the diet. Dietary fibers contained in vegetables and fruits, dairy products, cereals help in this. To enhance motility, you need to perform appropriate physical exercises, consisting of warm-up and morning exercises, walks in the fresh air. Peristalsis is inhibited in people of advanced age, which is due to concomitant pathologies, atrophy of muscle tone, hormonal factors.
There may also be increased intestinal motility, providing severe irritation of the organ mucosa. It is provoked by certain reflexes, in which the nervous system and the brain stem take part. In this situation, there is a loose stool, provoked by the rapid movement of the food lump. Fast intestinal peristalsis is observed in many pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract, oncology and dysbiosis. The active fermentation process provokes the formation of excess gases, flatulence, which contribute to the extension of the intestine.
Peristalsis is able to intensify on nervous soil - due to fear, excitement or overstrain. This manifestation also occurs against the background of undigested food available in the stomach cavity. The diarrhea observed in this case is called gastrogenic diarrhea.
How to improve and enhance peristalsis
In the treatment of such ailments, an integrated approach consisting of taking medication, performing special physical exercises and diet therapy is important. An excellent result is observed when using folk remedies, namely decoctions, tinctures, mixtures, which help strengthen and accelerate intestinal motility.
Doctors prescribe medications that have a stimulating effect. They are necessary in order to increase the muscle tone of the digestive organ, as well as enhance its motility. In this case, vasopressin, aceclidine, as well as prozerin are prescribed.
It is strictly forbidden to take medicines without the consent of a doctor.
Strengthen peristalsis helps laxatives, which cleanse the intestines by accelerating contractions. Currently, several groups of laxatives are available:
To the whole intestine
Medicines that affect the entire intestine. Basically, it is Glauberova and Epsom salt, recognized as fast-acting and most effective in solving this problem. Organ cleansing is provided by an increase in osmotic pressure in the intestine, which increases peristalsis. The effect is observed during the first few hours after ingestion. Helps with acute constipation.
Effects on the large intestine. Such medicines are synthetic, herbal. As for the plant, these are senna leaves, buckthorn, licorice, rhubarb root. Their effect is due to increased bowel tone, which helps restore the bowel movement. An excellent modern drug is Regulax, consisting of elements such as figs, hay, plum, kafiol and paraffin. Synthetic medicines are represented by the following drugs: Guttalax, Bisacodyl and Phenolphthalein. Release form - rectal suppositories, drops and tablets. Contribute to increased intestinal motility, cope with atony and constipation. These drugs are often addictive, which is fraught with allergies and colic.
Effect on the small intestine. First of all, it is castor oil. With its help, the process of passing the contents is noticeably facilitated, it improves motility and accelerates the act of defecation. The effect is observed 2-6 hours after application.
In addition to all of the above, medications to normalize the central nervous system are included in the treatment course: antidepressants, tranquilizers, as well as antipsychotics.
Intestinal motility plays an important role in the digestive process. To normalize it, many drugs and diets have been developed. If a suspicious clinical picture is detected, consult a doctor.