A large number of diseases require very long treatment. Especially often it concerns the pathologies of the digestive organs. Patients have no desire to swallow tablets with each exacerbation caused by malnutrition. In such cases, treatment of GERD with folk remedies may be helpful. His goal will be to eliminate the factors that trigger heartburn and improve the work of the affected organ. It is important not only to find recipes for traditional medicine, but also to follow a strict diet.
By dieting, treatment will be faster and more efficient.
Who is suitable for national treatment
Before you begin treatment for gastroesophageal reflux disease, you need to find out whether you can use popular recipes at this stage of the pathology. It is important to understand that heartburn and pain can be symptoms of another, more dangerous disease. Accordingly, it is important to adhere to the following recommendations:
- before starting treatment, go through all possible examinations and exclude concomitant diseases,
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease implies a very long treatment, and not just the removal of the main symptoms,
- if during the last exacerbation you have already selected a popular recipe with high efficiency, it is better to use it, rather than looking for new and untested ones.
With symptoms similar to GERD, pathologies of the cardiovascular system may occur. But unlike reflux, heart pathologies are extremely dangerous for the human condition. Therefore, it is important to exclude other diseases and only then proceed to treatment.
Before starting treatment, the disease should be diagnosed
If all examinations are completed and the diagnosis is confirmed, you can start searching for popular recipes. In case of GERD with esophagitis, unconventional treatment helps to reduce inflammation, increase the rate of regeneration of the affected tissues, increase immunity, both general and local. In addition, some recipes have an astringent effect that plays a protective role, protecting the mucosa from the negative effects of acids and other irritants.
Basic tips for GERD
In order to achieve the maximum effect in case of reflux disease, it is important to select the treatment based on the existing symptoms. As a rule, it is heartburn, pain in the stomach, a violation of the digestive process, and so on. In this case, the recipes should provide protection of the mucous membrane, its restoration and increase of resistance. Simultaneously with the use of the chosen method of treatment, it is important to observe the following recommendations for reflux disease:
- especially important to monitor the weight and with its excess to do everything to reach the norm,
- it is recommended to sleep with a high elevated head end, which is achieved using additional pillows,
- you need to abandon the belts and belts that compress the diagram,
- it is especially important to follow a diet chosen in conjunction with a doctor
- to minimize the consumption of products that increase acidity and gas,
- preference to give poultry meat, cereals, vegetables and vegetable oils,
- do not lift weights and work in the slope
- during an exacerbation, if possible, refuse to take other medications, as some of them may cause a weakening of the sphincter.
By observing all the recommendations listed above and combining them with properly selected recipes of traditional medicine, you will be able to eliminate GERD with reflux esophagitis.
The first thing that reference books of traditional medicine recommend is mineral water. Ideal - weakly alkaline water in the form of heat. It is recommended to warm it up to a temperature of forty degrees. As a result, all extra gases that can cause heartburn will come out of the drink. At the same time all the useful mineral salts will remain in the water.
Mineral water is used to eliminate vomiting attacks.
The positive effect of treatment with mineral water is explained as follows. The salts that make up the mineral drinks are able to bind hydrochloric acid. As a result, the acidity in the stomach decreases, and with it the pain decreases. To achieve the result, it is recommended to take water in the form of heat 40–45 minutes after meals. If, however, to use it during a meal, there is a stretching of the stomach walls, which is manifested by heaviness and pain after beating.
In case of emergency with the appearance of vomiting, it is possible to eliminate the severity and the urge to nausea with ordinary water. To do this, it must be taken in small sips in the form of heat.
The following recipe implies the use of milk. The treatment of reflux disease by this method consists in the regular use of milk, both separately as a drink, and for the preparation of cereals and soups. In this case, an important condition is the individual tolerance of milk and a good reaction of the digestive organs to it. It is especially important to note that calcium, which is a part of it, has a positive effect on the regeneration processes and helps to eliminate pain in the area of the solar plexus.
Milk helps to relieve symptoms of the disease
In cases where milk is not perceived by the body, fermented milk products can be used. They can be used as snacks at bedtime or during an afternoon snack. But, nevertheless, it is important to remember that this is only a temporary removal of unpleasant symptoms. The very same disease, this technique does not cure.
Potato juice will help to cope with the pathology and signs that it causes. Due to the starch content, an enveloping effect is created. Accordingly, the acid in the stomach no longer irritates the mucous membrane, which means that the pain will subside. The fact that potato juice is quite viscous and during swallowing it envelops the walls of the esophagus, eliminating their irritation, also has a positive effect. This is especially beneficial in pathologies that are accompanied by reflux esophagitis.
Often, popular recipes suggest using chaga mushroom. It grows on trees and, in principle, is not considered edible. For the preparation of remedies enough to collect these mushrooms, wash and grind them. Next, small pieces are brewed with boiling water and aged for an hour. Take the broth is recommended during the day before meals. It has no unpleasant taste and is well tolerated by patients.
Eating chaga fungus helps relieve inflammation
Through this treatment, you can achieve the following results:
- the active ingredients of the fungus have anti-inflammatory effects,
- resins that are part of it have an immunostimulating effect,
- decoction of the fungus helps to reduce the acidity of gastric juice.
At the same time, it is important to remember that chaga mushroom is not edible and toxic in large quantities. In addition, it often causes allergic reactions. But the most important thing is that the active components of the fungus are not fully understood and, despite the fact that its decoction helps to fight a large number of diseases, it is not yet known how this will be reflected in the future.
But besides all the recipes listed above, herbs are used especially often for reflux disease. Among them stand out St. John's wort, nettle, chamomile, sea buckthorn, lemon balm, mint, raspberry and so on. An important advantage of this treatment is that you can take a decoction for a long time. Due to the high content of vitamins and microelements, you not only eliminate the disease, but also significantly improve overall health. To do this, carefully enough to pick herbs and fruits that do not cause you an allergic reaction.
Herbal decoctions help in the treatment of various diseases
Selected herbs enough to put in a glass container in equal quantities and pour boiling water. An hour later, the decoction can already be consumed. It is recommended to drink it instead of tea, as well as before bedtime. These herbs have anti-inflammatory properties, wound healing, soothing and immunomodulatory.
Separately, you can select aloe juice. It is often recommended to use for reflux disease. This is explained by the excellent ability to heal any wounds and improve local immunity.
Regardless of which method of treatment is chosen, you need to consult with your doctor before you start taking it. Take the same infusions and decoctions have a long time, both in the acute period, and in the absence of complaints, which will achieve a stable remission.
You can find out more about other treatment options for GERD using folk remedies below:
GERD: treatment of folk remedies
- Symptoms of GERD
- Factors contributing to the development of GERD
- Folk recipes
Gastroesophageal reflux disease is a chronic disease during which the acidic substance is periodically released into the human esophagus from the stomach. That in turn leads to damage to the lower esophagus. The cause of the disease is damage or acute sphincter insufficiency. Speaking in simple terms, the sphincter is a kind of barrier, in the normal state it opens and allows food to pass into the stomach, this happens quite quickly, which prevents the acid from entering the esophagus. In the damaged state, the sphincter function is slowed down, and during closure, acids freely penetrate the esophagus.
GERD can have consequences in the form of peptic ulcers of the esophagus, which sometimes leads to heavy bleeding. The treatment that was not started on time can provoke the appearance of scars on the walls of the esophagus, which in turn leads to its sharp narrowing and disruption of the swallowing reflex. If this happens a person will not be able to take solid food as food, which will lead to a sharp weight loss, and the most important thing is all of this is considered a precancerous condition in medicine.
Symptoms of GERD
The most common symptom of GERD is heartburn, which manifests itself without a cause. Also quite often there is pain in the chest, sometimes quite acute. Back pain can also signal a disease. A distinctive feature of GERD from angina pectoris, pain manifests itself during meals and disappears immediately upon completion, or after a person drinks a small amount of mineral water.
Factors contributing to the development of GERD
There are not so many factors contributing to the development of gastroesophageal reflux disease.
- Hernia of the esophagus
- Frequent stressful states of a person
- GERD can develop if a person prefers spicy and fatty foods.
- Taking some medicines
- GERD also manifests itself in people with bad habits
Traditional recipes for the treatment of GERD
In addition to taking prescribed medicines for treating a disease, you can use folk remedies that have proven their effectiveness. It is worth noting that many doctors recommend using traditional medicine for treatment, the reason is clear natural components. So, how to treat GERD folk remedies.
Onions with sugar. For the preparation you will need an onion, it is better to use red onions, and a tablespoon of fine granulated sugar. Grate the onion on a fine grater and cover with sugar on top, let stand 10 minutes and mix. The resulting gruel is medicine. Take sweet onions must be on an empty stomach and immediately after a meal. Before swallowing the mixture must be held for some time in the mouth. The course of treatment is 60 days.
Gentian root. The root is well washed and dried. Then finely broken and poured 350 grams of red wine. Infused for 7-10 days in a dark place. Use tincture 3 times a day for 25 ml. The course of treatment for at least 4 weeks. Tincture is taken immediately before meals.
Flax seeds. It is an effective remedy for the treatment of GERD. To prepare the tincture will need 2 -3 tablespoons of flax seeds and half a liter of boiling water. Season with water, infuse for 10 minutes and boil for 15 minutes. Cool the resulting composition and take 50 grams twice a day. The course of treatment depends on the stage of the disease.
Anise seeds are actively used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. From the seeds you need to prepare a tincture for this 1 liter of high-quality vodka or half a liter of medical alcohol diluted 1 to 1 slightly heat over low heat, add 1 tablespoon of it with a hill of anise seeds, 150 grams of linden honey, lemon peel. Infuse for 40 days, then strain and take 30 grams after each meal.
Potato juice for the treatment of GERD. In order to defeat the disease every day you need to drink half a glass of potato juice. The effect will be noticeable after a few days.
Egg protein is considered the most effective and quickest way to cure GERD. And to make medicine is very simple. Protein two eggs mixed with 2 tablespoons of milk, and mix thoroughly. Take twice a day, two hours before lunch and two hours before dinner.
Herbal preparations are often used to treat GERD. Calendula flowers in the amount of 25 grams, St. John's wort the same amount, motherwort 40 grams, licorice root, dried eggs and oak bark 30 grams each, mix and pour hot water in the amount of 1 liter for 24 hours. After that, bring the composition to a boil and strain. Take for treatment 4 times a day for 3 tablespoons.
Yarrow and Hypericum grass. In equal parts, take the charges of plants, about 30 grams each and pour vodka, 0.5 liters. Insist on for 10 days. Take one tablespoon each time after meals.
Nettle wild and St. John's wort also effectively cope with the disease. To prepare the tincture we take 50 grams of each plant and 1 liter of vodka. Insist for 20 days. Take 3 tablespoons once a day after dinner.
Oak bark brewed in the form of tea without added sugar. 100 grams of bark, brew in 3 liters of water. Drink half a stove before a meal.
Chaga mushroom. This fungus is used to treat many diseases, including GERD. Chagu chop. To prepare the medicine, you need to take a teaspoon of chaga powder and pour it with a glass of boiling water. Insist 10 minutes and drink at a time before meals. The course of treatment does not exceed two weeks.
Folk remedies for GERD
The abbreviation GERD stands for gastroesophageal reflux disease. According to the frequency of occurrence among diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, it stands in one place with gastritis and an ulcer. The treatment of this disease is to reduce the acidity of the stomach.
Symptoms and causes of the disease
The following symptoms are characteristic of this disease:
- Belching. It indicates that the contents of the stomach are thrown into the esophagus, resulting in a sour taste in the mouth. Belching, usually manifested in a horizontal position of the body, or when bending.
- Heartburn. Frequent burning sensation in the chest, which appears some time after eating or at night, is one of the symptoms of this disease.
- Hiccups This symptom occurs due to frequent irritation of the nerve, which is responsible for reducing the diaphragm.
- Pain and difficulty swallowing food. This symptom indicates an advanced stage of the disease. As a result of frequent discharge of the contents of the stomach into the esophagus, the mucous membrane is irritated for a long time, and ulcers appear on it.In addition, if untreated, GERD narrows the esophagus, or a tumor appears on it. As a result, the promotion of food in the stomach is difficult.
- Vomiting. This symptom is also a sign of the resulting complication. Vomiting occurs some time after eating. Emetic masses are undigested food mixed with gastric juice.
Most often GERD results from:
- sedentary lifestyle
- increase in pressure in the abdominal cavity (pregnancy, obesity),
- gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer,
- eating heavy and spicy foods.
Treatment of the disease folk remedies
To treat this disease is primarily through lifestyle changes, namely, giving up smoking and alcohol. This move will help remove the unpleasant sour taste in the mouth and reduce the acidity of the stomach. GERD can be controlled by the means offered by traditional medicine.
However, before starting treatment with folk remedies, it is worth consulting with a gastroenterologist. This will avoid possible complications.
Folk remedies to help treat this disease, are prepared from:
- flax seed,
- birch bark,
- lemon balm
- elecampane and other herbs.
Folk remedies to combat GERD are a variety of decoctions, infusions and fresh juices.
Treatment with potatoes is most common. To do this, grate the potato on a fine grater and squeeze through cheesecloth. The resulting juice should be taken half an hour before meals for three to four weeks. This will help reduce the acidity of the stomach.
For the preparation of remedies from buckwheat you need to overcook the cereal in a pan. During the day you need to eat 2 tablespoons. fried buckwheat groats.
Flax seeds are used for GERD in the form of infusion. For this you need 4 tbsp. raw materials pour two cups of boiling water. For an hour, the composition should stand, after which it should be filtered through cheesecloth. Drink this infusion is recommended for 6-7 sips at bedtime.
Treatment of heartburn with GERD is possible with the help of dried pumpkin seeds. When an attack should eat a pinch of seeds.
Chopped birch bark removes the main symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease. For this you need to eat half a teaspoon of raw materials daily after meals. Wash down the bark with water or unsweetened tea.
An infusion is prepared from a mixture of medicinal herbs to help with this ailment. To make it you need to mix, take the herb St. John's wort, the leaves of the plantain and chamomile branches in the ratio 3: 3: 2 and pour a liter of boiling water. After that, the composition is allowed to infuse for an hour. It is recommended to drink this folk remedy three times a day, 2 tbsp.
Remove the unpleasant symptoms with GERD helps decoction, prepared as follows: marjoram, Althea root and St. John's wort, the fruits of cumin mix in an equal ratio and pour a glass of boiling water. The composition must be boiled for 5-10 minutes, squeeze through gauze. Drink the resulting broth twice a day, 5-6 sips before meals.
To relieve pain in this disease can the following folk remedies. Three tablespoons of chopped herbs of yarrow, St. John's wort and marshweed lozenge pour a liter of boiling water. You need to give the tool a brew for a couple of hours. Drink this tool to 4-5 times a day for half a glass.
One part of fresh leaves of aloe mixed with one part of the crushed root of elecampane, four parts of Hypericum flowers and two parts of grape leaves. The taken raw materials are filled in with boiling water and boiled for 5 minutes. After that, the composition is infused for 30 minutes. Take this broth to 3 tbsp. l three times a day before meals.
Herbal treatment is possible with the following remedies. For its preparation you need to take the grass of lemon balm and St. John's wort in the ratio of 1: 4 and the leaves of the plantain and nettle in the ratio of 3: 2. Herbs are poured with a glass of boiling water, allowed to boil and infuse for 4-5 hours, then filtered through gauze. The resulting broth should drink 3 tbsp. l before every meal.
Traditional medicine also recommends drinking cold cow's milk for this disease. Milk drunk directly from the refrigerator helps to get rid of the sour taste in the mouth and soothes the throat and stomach.
The above listed folk remedies that help treat GERD will be more effective if you drink more water and walk after eating. Drunk fluids will improve digestion, and a walk will help the food to digest, which will not allow the disease to develop. GERD related videos:
Treatment of GERD folk remedies
GERD or gastroesophageal reflux disease is a pathological condition in which gastric contents are thrown into the esophageal lumen. This ailment most often develops when the cardia is insufficient. Gastroesophageal reflux disease can occur in both sexes and at any age. Both traditional and alternative medicine methods are used to treat it. Treatment of GERD with folk remedies is no less effective than treatment with the use of synthetic drugs. The only condition is that before using one or another remedy, including honey, herbs, etc., it is necessary to consult with your doctor.
It is recommended to start the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease immediately, as the first symptoms that indicate the progression of this pathological condition appeared. The first signs include:
- burning sensation in the chest region,
- hoarseness and cough, which often manifests itself at night,
- pain in the chest, as well as when trying to eat more solid food,
- bleeding from the esophagus. This symptom of the disease manifests itself only if the inflammation in the organ is complicated by the formation of erosions and ulcers.
It is important to understand that all methods of traditional medicine will not help to eliminate the very cause of the disease - the weakness of the cardiac sphincter. They only help to reduce the intensity of symptoms. In folk medicine today there are a lot of tools that help to normalize the condition for GERD - this is the use of special decoctions of herbs with the addition of honey, and drinking mineral water, tinctures, etc. Before using any new drug, it is recommended to consult with your doctor.
In this case, the starch has a therapeutic effect, which is very high in potatoes. It completely envelops the esophagus and stomach, thereby protecting it from the negative effects of hydrochloric acid. From the use of this tool the disease will not go away, but the feeling of heartburn will disappear for a long time.
This mushroom grows on birch trees. It is widely used for the treatment of pathologies of the digestive system. The fungus is pre-crushed, brewed with boiling water. The mixture is infused for one hour. The drug is used several times a day. It perfectly helps to eliminate the symptoms of this unpleasant disease.
Useful properties of the fungus Chaga:
- it contains a mass of beneficial trace elements that have a stimulating effect on the immune system. In addition, they help to bind the hydrochloric acid secreted by the stomach,
- The fungus includes anti-inflammatory substances that are excellent in combating inflammation in the esophagus, provoked by the aggressive effects of hydrochloric acid.
Disadvantages of using this folk remedy:
- the occurrence of an allergic reaction to individual intolerance,
- This fungus is toxic, so it must be applied strictly according to the recipe.
Herbs and plants are widely used to treat GERD. The most effective are the following:
It is important to be able to brew herbs correctly so that they have a healing effect. The most effective tool is a decoction of chamomile, St. John's wort and lemon balm. These herbs are taken in equal parts and brewed with boiling water, and then allowed to infuse a little. Use a decoction in the form of tea. To enhance its beneficial properties, you can add a little honey. The drink has anti-inflammatory, wound healing, and sedative effect.
Nettle has an anti-inflammatory effect, so it can be both brewed and added to various dishes, for example, in soups. Sea buckthorn oil is known for its wound-healing effect, but it is allowed to use it in small quantities.
It is worth noting that it is allowed to use only water-based funds. The use of alcohol tinctures is strictly prohibited, since ethyl alcohol irritates the mucous membrane of the affected esophagus.
Aloe juice is a unique folk remedy that has a lot of useful properties. It is actively used to treat many diseases of the digestive system. To reduce the symptoms of GERD, you need to mix aloe juice with honey and dilute the mixture with a small amount of boiled water. This medicine is taken throughout the day. It should be noted that it is not recommended to use honey in its pure form with GERD.
Useful properties of this folk remedy:
- boosting the immune system
- removal of inflammation
- wound healing action
- enveloping action.
Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is a pathological condition that progresses in adults and children when it is thrown into the cavity of the esophageal tube of gastric or duodenal contents. As a result, the walls of the esophagus become inflamed, as they are aggressively affected by hydrochloric acid. Today GERD is the most common disease in gastroenterology.
. Diet for gastroesophageal reflux disease
Diet for GERD should be observed not only during the acute stage of the disease (on average a week), but also during remission. Best of all, if the approximate menu for a person will be compiled by his attending physician. He will be able to recommend which dishes to prepare for a patient with gastroesophageal reflux disease, how to prepare them correctly, what to eat, and what foods should be excluded from your diet. Of course, the pathology cannot be completely cured only by adhering to the rules of nutrition and the preparation of gentle dishes. But to reduce the likelihood of aggravation is even possible.
. Folk remedies for reflux esophagitis
Treatment of reflux esophagitis with folk remedies is permissible, but it can be carried out only after prior consultation with your doctor’s gastroenterologist. Uncontrolled intake of oils, juices and herbs can adversely affect the condition of a sick person and only worsen the clinical picture. Best of all, if the methods of traditional and traditional medicine will be used in tandem, complementing each other. It is important to understand that it is impossible to completely cure reflux esophagitis only with the help of traditional medicine - you can only reduce the intensity of symptoms. With the right therapy, they can disappear altogether.
. Folk remedies for esophagitis of the esophagus
The number of patients diagnosed with such a disease of the esophagus as esophagitis, grows annually. Basically, traditional medicine, in particular pharmaceutical preparations, as well as diet therapy, are used to correct this condition. But do not forget about traditional medicine, as it has several recipes that effectively help eliminate the symptoms of damage to the esophagus. For the purpose of treatment, flax seed, sea buckthorn oil, honey, aloe juice, herbs are used. Treatment with folk remedies is allowed only after consulting with a gastroenterologist.
. Folk remedies in the treatment of hernia of the esophagus
Hernia of the esophagus is a pathological condition in which the lower portion of the esophageal tube, the cardial section of the stomach (and sometimes the antrum) penetrate into the chest cavity. The disease is more often diagnosed in elderly patients. It is noteworthy that women suffer from it much more often than men. The main symptoms by which this pathological condition is expressed include heartburn, pain in the sternum, a violation of the process of swallowing food lumps. It is important to diagnose the disease and its treatment in a timely manner, because without it dangerous complications can begin to progress. Therapy should be only complex - prescribe medication, diet therapy, and in difficult situations surgical intervention. But no less effective in the treatment of pathology are folk remedies.
Are popular methods effective?
If we talk about ailments that are accompanied by heartburn, burning sensation, pain in the abdominal cavity, the lesions of the mucous are more serious than it seems to the patient. Therefore, before you start treating GERD with natural remedies, you must take into account the following rules:
- Before therapy you need to undergo a comprehensive diagnosis,
- should discuss with your doctor all the ways of treatment
- The basis of GERD therapy is medication, and non-traditional methods can be used as auxiliary,
- better to use reliable methods.
Why is it necessary to fulfill the above points? Often, along with GERD develop other ailments. The disease can have various complications. The lack of results of a comprehensive survey will not allow to see the full picture of the disease. In addition, it can lead to irreversible consequences.
But if the doctor gave permission, then you can listen to some of the recommendations offered by traditional medicine. For example, it is advised to use sea buckthorn oil. Sea buckthorn oils effectively heal wounds, erosion, neutralize inflammation. Sea buckthorn oil should be applied in moderation.
Causes and principles of treatment of reflux esophagitis folk remedies
Any way to eliminate one symptom of the disease. In most cases, treatment of GERD with folk remedies relieves from severe heartburn, painful sensations and other unpleasant manifestations. Non-traditional methods will not help to improve the function of the esophageal sphincter, which can not fully function in people suffering from gastroesophageal reflux disease. Disruption of the sphincter often becomes the cause of the disease. All this must be taken into account when treating:
- Features of the diet. The use of junk food aggravates esophagitis and complicates the course of GERD. Therefore, you should go on a balanced diet. Meals should be fractional, you need to eat 5-6 times a day. Doctors advise to cook food in a double boiler, boil, bake in the oven. In the oven dishes are cooked several times during the week. Most of the food doctors advise to eat before lunch. Do not eat cold, too hot dishes. It is highly undesirable to eat at night, the last meal should not be later than 7 pm. You should not eat "on the run", snack "dry ration". After eating do not bend over, avoid physical exertion. It is important to remember that individual raw fruits, berries can provoke heartburn. A fruit jelly and fruit cooked in a double boiler should not cause discomfort. Therefore, the possibility of including in the diet of these products should be consulted with a specialist, he will help plan a diet table, depending on the characteristics of the organism. In addition, it is necessary to adhere to the drinking regimen: the patient must drink at least 2 liters of fluid.If a patient has erosive GERD, then food should be processed (mechanical, thermal) in order to minimize the load and facilitate the work of the digestive system. You can cook and eat foods that are allowed by the doctor. In case of exacerbation of the disease reflux esophagitis, the patient should exclude from the diet vegetables and fruits in the raw state. In the first few days it is recommended to eat porridge, pureed soups, drink sour milk products. Gastroesophageal reflux disease involves avoiding the use of soda and alcohol. In addition, it is necessary to exclude sour, pickled meals, pickles.
- Mineral water. Doctors advise to treat gastroesophageal pathology with heated water with a small amount of alkali. For better effect, the water is heated to 40 degrees - this method allows you to eliminate bubbles. Soda is prohibited to drink to patients with GERD, as gases have a bad effect on the esophageal sphincter. What is the use of this technique, and how to use it to cure patients with symptoms of GERD? Salts, which are contained in water, bind an excess of acid in the abdominal cavity, dilute acidity, reducing pain and burning sensation. To get rid of the symptoms, you need to drink water half an hour after eating. Immediately after the meal, water with minerals stretches the stomach, and this only provokes pain. Sometimes boiled water can help: you should take a couple of sips, if nausea appears after eating or on an empty stomach, you can get rid of unpleasant manifestations for a while.
- Therapy juices. Fresh potato juice has a great effect on GERD patients: the starch contained in it helps to alleviate the condition of the diseased. The juice envelops the abdominal cavity and part of the esophagus. Thus, potato starch is used in the treatment of gastroesophageal disease in order to protect the mucosa from acidity. The function of the lower esophageal sphincter cannot be restored due to starch, but it doesn’t eliminate the negative effect of acid on the mucosal surface. The juice of the aloe plant has also been used to cure the symptoms of gastritis and other inflammations in the digestive system. The best result can be achieved through the use of a mixture of aloe and natural honey, diluted in water. The drug is advised to use several times a day, both on an empty stomach, and after meals. Remember that undiluted honey is not recommended for use in the development of GERD, but after dissolving in water it is not so harmful. On the contrary, honey with aloe relieves inflammation, accelerates tissue regeneration, improves immunity, protects the esophageal mucosa, the abdominal cavity.
- Phytotherapy. How to get rid of the signs of GERD such folk remedies as herbs? There are different recipes, but you should consult your doctor before using them. If there are no contraindications, then with the permission of a specialist you can use this collection with herbs: mix chamomile, St. John's wort, lemon balm leaves in equal parts, brew herbs and leave for 15 minutes. You can use the medicine after a meal. The dosage of herbal infusion is determined by the doctor. The collection contains many vitamins, it soothes, heals wounds and injuries, relieves inflammation on the mucous membrane. Nettle also has anti-inflammatory properties. It can be used in soups. Before this, the leaves and grass are finely chopped, they must be chewed carefully so that the body absorbs the nutrients faster. Infusion of flax seed helps in the treatment of the disease, along with medication and diet food. Flaxseed is very helpful. Flax grains contain cellulose, copper, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, etc.
- Propolis. To prepare 10 grams of propolis tincture, you should grind it and pour 70% alcohol in the amount of 100 ml. 10 days the mixture is stored in a cool place where no light penetrates. Take propolis tincture for the night. Pre-20 drops of the finished mixture is dissolved in ½ cup of preheated milk. The effect will appear after a week of intake. Therapy should be continued for a month.
- Chaga tincture. Such parasitic fungi grow on birch trunks. For the treatment of diseases of the digestive system, the fungus is crushed, poured boiling water, insist 60 minutes. It is necessary to take a remedy three times a day when unpleasant sensations occur. However, it is necessary to use medication with caution, since allergies and other undesirable manifestations are possible.
- Orange peel and licorice root. 10 grams of roots are finely chopped, add 6 grams of dried, crushed orange peel. The composition is brewed with 2 cups of boiling water, languishing over low heat until the broth is evaporated in half. After that, the broth is filtered and 1-2 tablespoons of honey are added. It is necessary to use the mixture for 30 minutes. before meals, once a day. The duration of the therapeutic course is one month.
- Egg white. It is advisable to use homemade eggs. Proteins of two eggs are separated from the yolks. This drug is taken in the morning, on an empty stomach. There is only possible after 2 hours. A couple of hours before dinner you should drink 2 squirrels. Treatment should last a week.
- Beet. In the morning strictly on an empty stomach it is necessary to chew Art. spoon grated on a small grater beets. You can eat after 30 minutes. Therapy lasts 2 weeks.
- Milk. If the patient's body is well tolerated and absorbs milk, then a certain dose of calcium, which is contained in dairy products, can eliminate the burning sensation. You can not use milk, and fermented milk drinking products. However, the effect does not last long.
- Coconut milk. Eliminates irritation in the throat, abdominal cavity, relieves sour taste in the mouth. Therefore, milk is rightly considered an effective means in the treatment of this disease.
The benefits of traditional medicine
Gastroesophageal reflux disease occurs in humans due to such factors:
- eating heavy and spicy foods
- duodenal ulcer and stomach,
- maintaining an inactive lifestyle,
- increased pressure on the abdominal cavity - in obesity and pregnancy,
- binge eating.
The main symptoms of the disease:
- pain and difficulty swallowing food
Treating GERD is primarily necessary with a healthy lifestyle. Should refuse to accept alcohol and smoking. This will help eliminate the unpleasant sour-metallic taste in the mouth and reduce the level of acidity in the stomach. The disease can be treated with effective folk remedies. But before starting such a therapy, it is necessary to consult a gastroenterologist, in order to avoid possible undesirable reactions and complications.
In the treatment of GERD apply medicinal plants and healthy foods that help normalize the level of acidity of the gastric juice, and help to remove the processes of inflammation in the esophagus.
Nontraditional therapy methods will help to get rid of heartburn.
Their use helps to get rid of the main symptoms of the disease. Most often, effective home remedies eliminate heartburn and chest pains. However, they cannot normalize the lower esophageal sphincter (the muscles between the lower esophagus and the stomach). Treatment of GERD with folk remedies is used in combination therapy with medicines and with mandatory diet.
The simplest and at the same time effective rules that should be followed when GER therapy is carried out with the help of folk remedies:
- Eating junk food aggravates gastroesophageal reflux, so you need to follow a balanced diet.
- It is advisable to eat fractional, 5-6 p. in a day.
- Gastroenterologists recommend preparing food in a double boiler / oven.
- Most meals a day should be eaten before lunch.
- You should not eat cold and overly hot dishes.
- It is not recommended to eat food before bedtime, the last meal should be up to 19 hours.
- You can not eat "on the run" and "dry rations".
- After eating, you should avoid physical exertion, do not bend over. More need to walk on the air.
- You must drink at least 2 liters of pure water daily.
- It is necessary to abandon the use of soda, as well as pickles, pickled and sour food.
Folk remedies for the treatment of GERD are:
When treating GERD the following drugs are used:
- flax seeds,
- coconut milk,
- sea buckthorn oil,
- St. John's wort
- milk, etc.
Herbal tea for GERD
You can buy a ready-made product at the pharmacy or prepare it yourself at home. Take 2 tbsp. l Herbs St. John's wort, chamomile inflorescences and lemon balm leaves. Brew and insist for 15 minutes. Use herbal tea is recommended after taking a meal. The dosage is determined by the doctor. The collection contains various vitamins, has a calming effect, promotes healing of wounds and injuries, eliminates mucositis.
This is a very effective medication for GERD. To prepare the drug, you should take an equal proportion of dry leaves, roots and angelica seeds. All components are mixed, crushed into powder using a mortar. The finished drug brew pinch on one glass and use as usual tea, three times a day.
This product is considered an effective way to treat GERD. Doctors recommend regular use of coconut juice for the disease. It successfully eliminates such symptoms:
- irritation of the stomach, abdomen, throat and esophagus,
- unpleasant sour taste in the mouth.
- fresh leaves of aloe - 1 part,
- inflorescences of Hypericum - 4 hours,
- crushed root devyaatsila - 1 part,
- grape leaves - 2 hours
- Stir the ingredients, pour boiling water, cook for 5 minutes.
- Broth insist half an hour.
- Take 3 tbsp. spoon before meals 3 times a day.
This remedy helps to improve digestive functions and eliminates heartburn. It is recommended for therapy to use vegetables that have lain for less than 6 months after harvest. It is necessary to grate a few potatoes on a fine grater, wait a bit until juice appears, and squeeze with gauze. Drinking potato juice should be 1⁄4 cups 3 times a day 30 minutes before meals in the first week. Then, in the second 7 days, increase gradually to 1⁄2 tbsp. In the third - last week of therapy, drink 3-4 cups of drink. During a strong attack of heartburn, if it is impossible to prepare the juice, it is recommended to chew slowly small pieces of raw potatoes.
Mint and chamomile
The tool is effective for heartburn and sour belching. To make it you need equal parts of such ingredients:
Peppermint is used to prepare the drug for sour belching.
- chamomile inflorescences,
- Mix the ingredients, pour boiling water.
- Insist for 10-15 minutes.
- Lemon and honey can be added to the infusion, but not only sugar, as this can reduce the usefulness of the healing tea to a minimum.
Infusion of the thousandth
This popular method helps to remove the inflammatory process, to restore the esophagus tissue damaged by acid. To prepare the infusion, you should pour 1 tbsp. Spoon the centaury 0.5 liters of boiling water, close tightly, wrap in a towel and infuse for 30 minutes. The drug should be drunk 0.25 cup in the morning and evening.
Milk with GERD
It is recommended to drink cold cow's milk. If the human body is well tolerated and absorbs this product, the calcium contained in it, helps to eliminate heartburn and burning, it has a calming effect on the stomach. Some people are no longer helped by fresh milk, but by drinking dairy products. If you drink ryazhenka or kefir, for some time the symptoms of GERD will not bother. But such an effect is likely to be short-lived.
Recommendations before the start of therapeutic measures
Before starting treatment for GERD with folk remedies, it is important to know the true cause of the disease. Since the burning and pain behind the sternum accompany many pathologies, you need to be serious about this symptom. Before you apply herbs for GERD with esophagitis, you must follow these simple rules:
- First of all, before the start of therapy, one should undergo the necessary examination to accurately diagnose the disease.
- Before you start taking any popular method, you should consult with a specialist.
- In order for the therapy to bring the desired result, it is necessary to combine folk methods with medication. At the same time, the wisdom accumulated by the people is only ancillary methods of fighting the disease.
- You need to use only proven methods for years, you should be wary of innovation.
Therapy of this disease is based on lifestyle changes, you should completely stop taking alcohol and smoking. This will eliminate the sour taste in the mouth and reduce the acidity of the stomach. It is also important to strict diet.
The action of herbs and foods on the digestive system
Heartburn can be treated with the help of traditional medicine only by knowing their methods of influence on the gastrointestinal tract. It must be remembered that herbs have a powerful effect. With their help, you can not only cure, but also make you feel worse. Below are the main herbs and foods that help treat the disease and their effects on the body.
- Aloe juice has an enveloping effect, as it protects the esophageal mucosa from the negative effects of hydrochloric acid.
- Flax seed reduces the acidity of gastric juice, envelops the mucous membrane, has anti-inflammatory action.
- Chamomile has a powerful anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effect.
- Melissa lowers the production of gastric juice, has an effective soothing result.
- Pine buds relieve inflammation of the digestive tract.
- Sea buckthorn has a strong healing effect.
- Chaga mushroom has anti-inflammatory effect, helps to develop local immunity and reduce acidity.
The above herbs can be used not only in combination with each other, but also separately. It is also possible to alleviate the condition during reflux with the help of food products that are always at hand:
- freshly squeezed potato juice helps in the healing of erosion,
- milk neutralizes the production of gastric juice,
- bananas have an enveloping effect, lower the acidity of the stomach,
- mineral water is indicated for regular use. However, if gases are not released from it, it will irritate mucous membranes,
- celery reduces the production of gastric juice.
List of herbs and foods that can harm the digestive system
Alternative medicine drugs can not be used uncontrollably, because they can also harm the patient. Gastroesophageal syndrome prohibits the use of:
- fresh beetroot and carrot juice,
- mint tea,
- sunflower seeds.
Often, to eliminate the disease apply herbal collection, which eliminates the symptoms of the disease, the most popular herbal teas include:
- take 20 gr. yarrow, celandine, St. John's wort, pour 1 cup boiling water, insist for 15 minutes. Drink 1 glass a day,
- take 20 gr. coltsfoot, calendula, 5 gr. chamomile. 2 tbsp. l the resulting mixture, pour 250 ml boiling water, insist for half an hour. Drink 1 tbsp. l 20 minutes before meals four times,
- take 20 gr. St. John's wort, plantain, 5 gr. chamomile. 2 tbsp. l The resulting mixture pour 250 ml of boiling water. Let stand for about half an hour, take 1 tbsp. l 20 minutes before meals three times,
- take equal amounts of lemon balm, St. John's wort, sea buckthorn, nettle, chamomile, mix. 2 tbsp. l infuse the mixture for 15 minutes, take instead of tea immediately after a meal.
Therapy of gastrointestinal reflux can be carried out using popular recipes. However, it must be remembered that these methods should be combined with medical treatment and should be regularly monitored by a physician to avoid the development of complications.