The pancreas produces pancreatic juice, saturated with enzymes, for splitting and subsequent digestion of food. If the pancreatic ducts are blocked, the enzymes produced are delayed and begin to break down the organ itself, leading to an inflammatory process and pancreatitis. In the modern world, pancreatitis is a common disease. A person leading a wrong lifestyle is more susceptible to the disease: when he smokes, he abuses alcohol and junk food. The causes of the disease are diverse:
- Alcohol consumption.
- Improper nutrition, overeating.
- Injuries to the abdomen.
- Infectious diseases of the digestive system.
- Taking individual medications and allergic reactions.
- Complication after surgery (approximately 5%).
It is necessary to eliminate the factors affecting the development of the disease. In special cases, when pancreatitis is the result of an injury or other illness, for example, gallstone, a cure is possible.
The basis of nutrition for pancreatitis
Unfortunately, it is often completely impossible to recover, but the chances of halting the destruction of the pancreas are likely to be, try to reduce relapses. Nutrition for pancreatitis of the pancreas is of great importance. The acute condition is removed with medicines, the main thing is diet food.
The main principle of nutrition in pancreatitis is not to load the pancreas. Try to reduce the production of enzymes. Food should be easily digested without causing fermentation. Eating is often required in small portions. A smaller portion means less stress on the diseased organ. In the period of exacerbation frequent fractional eating is excluded. The less and less a person eats, the better. Breaks in the diet reach 12 hours. Food with pancreatitis is welcomed with a warm, soft consistency.
It is important for a patient with pancreatitis to study in detail that one should not use it categorically, which dishes should be avoided during pancreatitis, and which foods are allowed to eat.
- Dried bread or crackers.
- Dietary meat: lean beef, rabbit, white part of chicken and turkey.
- Dairy products: milk, cottage cheese and yogurt. It is necessary to monitor the fat content of the product. Cottage cheese no more than 2%, it is better fat-free. Ryazhenka, sour cream, cream, it is desirable to exclude.
- Lean fish. Preferred cod.
- Cereals and any pasta.
- Vegetables that do not cause strong gas. Carrots, potatoes, beets, pumpkin, zucchini.
- Fruits: apples are exclusively green, pears, bananas, avocados, persimmon. Fruits are desirable to bake.
- Weak teas, compote of dried fruits or berries.
- Alcohol. Even low alcohol drinks will have to be eliminated completely!
- Chocolate, sugar, desserts, cakes, pastries and muffins.
- Pork and red fish.
- Seasonings, spices, salt, smoked.
- Fermentative vegetables: white cabbage, radish, onion, garlic, spinach, radish.
- Fruits: grapes, red apples, citrus fruits, peaches, plums.
- Coffee, strong black or green tea, cocoa, carbonated drinks, juice.
- Groats: millet, pearl barley, corn.
- Legumes, mushrooms, nuts.
In the period of remission it is allowed to make minor relief. For example, it is permissible to drink weak coffee with milk. For dressing, use low-fat sour cream, olive or linseed oil.
Pancreatitis soups that stimulate gastric secretion are not recommended. However, without aggravation, it is allowed to eat soups in vegetable broths. A spoon of honey for dessert does not hurt.
Despite the meager variety of food in pancreatitis, well-designed menu makes the diet varied.
A variety of pancreatitis and nutrition
Pancreatitis is classified according to the nature of the disease:
- Acute pancreatitis.
- Chronic pancreatitis.
Depending on the type of prescribed appropriate treatment and diet, which is developed by a doctor.
Acute pancreatitis is treated in a hospital. This is a serious condition and without immediate medical care can be fatal. In addition to the surgical intervention, in case of acute pancreatitis, the following conditions must be observed:
- Bed rest
- Inhibition of pancreatic function.
- Drug treatment.
- Starvation diet.
When exacerbation of pancreatitis is shown fasting. A hungry diet can last up to three days. A person should drink 1.5-2 liters of liquid - mineral water will do, gas needs to be released, weak black or green tea or dogrose infusion, just pure water. If the condition of the patient is severe, then fasting is extended to seven days, nutrients are delivered intravenously.
Diet for acute pancreatitis immediately after fasting should be benign. It is allowed to eat porridge, mucous soups, boiled rice. The main rule during exacerbation - food is introduced gradually. In the first days of food low-calorie, mucous, not irritating the gastrointestinal tract. Volume and calorie content increase as it recovers.
After the acute phase, the disease becomes chronic. Chronic pancreatitis is characterized by sluggish inflammation and intermittent pain. Attacks are triggered by the use of alcohol and annoying foods.
To prevent frequent relapses and reduce pain, the pancreatic pancreatitis diet should remain lifelong. Be sure to in the diet should contain protein of plant and animal origin. But the amount of fat is reduced to the limit. Be careful with carbohydrates. Diet for chronic pancreatitis is developed carefully so that, despite the poor list of products allowed, the patient receives the necessary nutrients. Additionally, vitamins can be prescribed.
Therapeutic diet for pancreatitis
How to eat with pancreatitis, so as not to harm the pancreas?
Even Soviet doctors for patients with pancreatitis developed a special therapeutic diet. The Pevzner Diet No. 5 is called. And although diet therapy has changed over the years, the therapeutic nutrition for pancreatitis is still based on Diet No. 5. During exacerbation, Pevsner No. 5p diet is prescribed.
The diet for chronic pancreatitis is quite diverse. Diet number 5 allows dairy sausages and doctor sausage. Although, given the current realities, sausage products should be abandoned. If desired, try making sausages yourself. The first time, until the diet is not a habit, it is better to make the menu for the week and buy the necessary products on the list. You should avoid unnecessary trips to the store, anticipating the possibility of buying a prohibited product.
Weekly menu for pancreatitis
- Breakfast: Oatmeal finely ground, cook to a viscous consistency. Loose green tea.
- Snack: Yogurt.
- Lunch: Mashed potatoes with turkey steam meatballs, berry compote.
- Snack: Baked Green Apple.
- Dinner: Pumpkin porridge with semolina, weak black tea.
- Bedtime: Fat-free cottage cheese.
- Breakfast: Omelette steamed or in the oven, rosehip infusion.
- Snack: Boiled carrots with a minimum amount of butter.
- Lunch: Vegetable soup-puree. Crackers. Add a spoonful of vegetable oil. Dried fruits compote.
- Snack: Sandwich with cheese, weak green tea.
- Dinner: Boiled cauliflower, steamed fish fillet. Fill with sour cream 10%.
- Bedtime: Sour milk.
- Breakfast: Rice porridge with milk, rice is boiled, milk is diluted with water. Loose black tea.
- Snack: cottage cheese casserole, cooked with semolina. Add a spoonful of honey.
- Lunch: Steamed pasta and meatballs from lean beef. Dried fruits compote.
- Snack: Baked pear.
- Dinner: Milk buckwheat soup. Green tea.
- Bedtime: Yogurt.
- Breakfast: Oatmeal, black tea.
- Snack: Boiled or baked beets.
- Lunch: Vegetable stew with steamed chicken fillet, wild rose.
- Snack: lean bun, jelly.
- Supper: Vermicelli milk soup.
- Bedtime: Kefir.
- Breakfast: Steamed omelette, black tea. Convenient to cook an omelet in the package. Pour the raw mixture into the food bag, tie it tightly and put it in boiling water. An omelette will cook much faster than steam, without losing its properties.
- Snack: Yogurt.
- Lunch: Vegetable soup with meatballs (meatballs are prepared separately), compote.
- Snack: Sandwich with butter and avocado, wild rose.
- Dinner: Buckwheat with steam cutlets, jelly.
- Bedtime: low-fat cottage cheese.
- Breakfast: Semolina, cooked in water, weak coffee with milk.
- Snack: fruit jelly made from green apples.
- Lunch: Pumpkin puree, you can add a little milk, compote.
- Snack: Yogurt.
- Dinner: Rice with turkey fillet or chicken, rosehip.
- Before bed: Fruit jelly.
- Breakfast: Buckwheat milk soup. Milk is preferably diluted.
- Snack: banana.
- Dinner: Vermicelli, steam rabbit cutlets, compote.
- Snack: curd casserole, a spoon of honey.
- Dinner: Steamed vegetables, tea.
- Bedtime: Sour milk.
An exemplary menu for chronic pancreatitis is described; it is allowed to diversify the list with permitted products. The main thing is to comply with the conditions:
- It is desirable to eat the products of the region of residence. Exotic fruits and vegetables will not benefit, they are brought to the shops in green.
- Compotes are made from dried fruits with the addition of berries: lingonberries, blueberries, and black currants. Morse drink is allowed infrequently. Remember - the concentration of the drink above compote, can irritate the mucous membranes.
- Products undergoing heat treatment should be boiled or steamed. Vegetables and fruits are eaten exclusively in cooked form.
- Products with pancreatitis must be fresh and high quality. The body of a healthy person is able to cope with soured cottage cheese or soup a week ago. Such a diet with inflammation of the pancreas will cause exacerbation of the disease.
Consequences of not following the diet
If a person ignores his condition and proper nutrition during pancreatitis is not observed, this behavior is fraught with constant exacerbations. Chronic recurrent pancreatitis is a dangerous condition of the pancreas. Constantly progressing disease increases the area of cell damage, leads to complete atrophy of the organ and the development of associated diseases - cholecystitis, peptic ulcer, threatening diabetes and pancreatic cancer.
The diet of patients with pancreatitis is the basis of a long, high-quality life.
The basic nutritional principles here are as follows:
- the maximum inclusion in the menu of semi-liquid and grated food,
- avoiding the use of food and drinks of very low or high temperature, it should be in the range of 20–50 ° C,
- frequent (from 6 to 8 times a day) meals in small portions (about 300 g each).
- In the day the body receives about 40 g of fat, 600 g of protein and 250 g of carbohydrates.
- Salt intake is limited to 7–10 g, and the required volume of liquid should be about 2 liters.
Due to its low energy value, which ranges from 1500 to 1700 kcal, and incomplete compliance with the norms of nutrient intake, the diet is not recommended to be used for longer than a week.
Diet for acute pancreatitis - description of an exemplary menu for three weeks
The first week usually begins with two days of hunger strike, during which you can drink only water. It is desirable that this was slightly mineralized alkaline water, which should be consumed 1 glass 5 times a day. It is necessary to leave this mode after subsiding of symptoms gradually, starting with lean crackers (no more than 50 g per day), rosehip broth or oats.
Menu 3 to 5 day
Breakfast - galetny cookies, tea.
Morning snack- dried bread with oatmeal broth.
Dinner - vegetable soup-puree without adding fat, broth hips.
Afternoon tea - Kissel with sweet fruit.
Dinner - semolina, boiled in milk and water.
Evening snack - rusk with tea.
At this stage, the nutritional value should be no more than 800 calories. Fats are completely excluded, proteins are reduced to 15 g per day, and the amount of carbohydrates consumed is not more than 200 g.
You should know!
For patients with acute pancreatitis, oat kissel is very useful, especially made from germinated grains.
Diet from day 6 to day 15
Breakfast - Pumpkin pudding, steamed.
Morning snack - low-fat cottage cheese in the form of a souffle, tea.
Dinner - soup with rice, chicken and carrots, protein omelette.
Afternoon tea - jelly from fruit or berry juice.
Dinner - meat soufflé, grated oatmeal with a teaspoon of butter, tea.
Evening snack - A glass of kefir (with portability) with a teaspoon of honey.
In the second week, honey is added to the menu and up to 10 g of fat per day. The amount of proteins rises to 50 g, and carbohydrates to 250 g. The daily caloric content is already 1000 kilocalories.
Diet with exacerbation of pancreatitis at 16-25 days
Breakfast - grated rice porridge, boiled in water, low-fat cottage cheese, tea.
Morning snack - mousse of apples without skin.
Dinner - soup with frayed pearl barley with fish meatballs, squash soufflé, dogrose broth.
Afternoon tea - Fruit and berry jelly.
Dinner - noodle casserole, steam meat patties, tea.
Evening snack - 50 g of prunes.
From the third week the diet with pancreatitis increases in nutritional value: up to 350 g of carbohydrates, 60 g of proteins, 20 g of fat and more than 1000 kilocalories.
A healthy breakfast option is one tablespoon of buckwheat flour infused on a glass of kefir.
Diet for chronic pancreatitis
This variant of the treatment table number 5p can be used for a long time. With a moderate energy value of the diet in the range of 2400–2700 kilocalories, the diet is rich in all vital substances. Diet for pancreatitis during remission is characterized by a higher content of protein, which is necessary for the construction of new cells and strengthening the pancreas. Its volume should be about 140 g, and most come from animal proteins. Approximate amount of carbohydrates in the diet - 300 g, and fat - not more than 80 g
Vegetables and fruits rich in fiber should be heat treated before ingestion.
Products not recommended for remission in pancreatitis:
broth from meat, mushrooms or fish,
soup with sorrel, cabbage soup with sauerkraut,
products with excess salt,
pork, duck, goose meat and fatty fish,
chicken egg yolk,
fresh and fried flour products, muffins,
high fat dairy products
radish, garlic, green onions, sorrel,
spicy seasonings, ketchup,
Diet for pancreatitis - sample sample menu
Breakfast - protein steam omelette, buckwheat cereal, coffee from chicory.
Morning snack - cottage cheese pudding, tea.
Dinner - Potatoes stewed with fish meatballs and bechamel sauce, rosehip broth.
Afternoon tea - berry jelly.
Dinner - oatmeal, steam meat patties, apricot compote.
Evening snack - A glass of low-fat kefir.
Breakfast - semolina porridge on diluted milk, biscuit, tea.
Morning snack - steam cheese cakes with low-fat sour cream, coffee from chicory.
Dinner - potato soup with rabbit meatballs, stewed zucchini, pear compote.
Afternoon tea - baked apple, tea.
Dinner - cauliflower casserole, fish souffle, tea.
Evening snack - prunes.
Breakfast - rice porridge with apricot puree, tea.
Morning snack - protein omelet, oatmeal pudding.
Dinner - pumpkin soup, Greek, compote.
Afternoon tea - cookies, fruit jelly.
Dinner - potato-fish casserole, carrot puree, tea.
Evening snack - Unleavened rusk, kefir.
Breakfast - carrot and apple puree, biscuit, tea.
Morning snack - A dessert of calcined cottage cheese, whipped with yogurt.
Dinner - boiled veal, vegetable soup, compote.
Afternoon tea - protein omelet, decoction of dried fruit.
Dinner - rice porridge with pumpkin, fish, tea baked under milk sauce.
Evening snack - yogurt.
Breakfast - oatmeal porridge, dressed with butter, tea with apricot marshmallow.
Morning snack - carrot-curd casserole, coffee from chicory.
Dinner - potato soup, fish roll, cauliflower, whipped in a blender, tea.
Afternoon tea - baked apple, dogrose broth.
Dinner - chicken meatballs, salad with boiled beets, compote.
Evening snack - kefir.
Breakfast - crackers, pear soufflé, tea.
Morning snack - cottage cheese dessert with the addition of xylitol.
Dinner - fish soup, boiled fish, mashed potatoes.
Afternoon tea - sweet fruit jelly.
Dinner - meatcake, rice porridge, kefir.
Evening snack - Cookies with tea.
Breakfast - steam omelette, pear puree, tea.
Morning snack - Lean mannic, coffee from chicory.
Dinner - fish stew, buckwheat soup, broth hips.
Afternoon tea - fruit and berry jelly.
Dinner - potato and chicken breast casserole, seasoned with low-fat yogurt, compote.
Evening snack - yogurt.
Nutrition for pancreatitis during exacerbation
Often, in the phase of exacerbation of the disease, the patient enters the hospital, where he is first washed his stomach. Always, regardless of whether you are at home or in the hospital for the first few days, it is forbidden to eat any food, that is, you can drink only 2-3 days purified water, non-carbonated, or alkaline Borjomi (you first need to release gas), called This stage of treatment is a zero diet.
The daily volume of water should be no more than 1.5 liters (5-7 glasses). If, however, the zero diet is prolonged for a longer period, then starting from the fourth day, various nutrients are injected intravenously, and from the sixth to the seventh day, the introduction of liquid food through a tube into the intestine is allowed.
After the symptoms are muffled and the patient’s general condition improves, certain foods and drinks are gradually introduced into the diet: porridge cooked in water, savory stewed fruit, jelly, soups, mashed potatoes.
Food can be consumed in the form of heat, categorically it cannot be hot or cold, it should be prepared without adding vegetable or animal fat, contain as little protein as possible, and should also be liquid or semi-liquid with a minimum caloric content.
When the state of health and condition of the patient is stabilized, you can expand your diet to vegetables, lean meats, fish, potatoes in boiled or steam form, this stage of the disease does not require crushing to a puree state.
Principles of nutrition during exacerbation of pancreatitis and immediately after it:
- fractional, frequent meals, 5 to 7 times a day,
- small portions in size,
- exclude alcohol, spices, sauces, oils, fried and dairy products,
- restrict baking and salt,
- can be a small amount of yesterday's, and preferably the day before yesterday, dried bread.
And also, the body needs competent medical support, for the speedy restoration of the overall strength and functionality of the pancreas.
Diet for pancreatitis, what can and can not be eaten
Of course, in the presence of pancreatitis, a kind of diet should always be followed, but in truth, very few people succeed, because all living people, and sometimes patients allow themselves to violate the rules of the diet. The most important thing is to observe the correctness and diet in the first 2-3 months, so that the pancreas gets stronger and goes into the usual mode of operation.
What can you eat with pancreatitis:
- Low-fat meat (rabbit, chicken, veal) in boiled or chopped form - meatballs, meatballs, meatballs, meat souffle.
- Low-fat fish (zander, pollock, cod, pike) steamed in pure form or in the form of steam cutlets.
- Grains cooked in water or milk with water in a ratio of 1: 1 (buckwheat, semolina, oatmeal, rice), it is better to abstain from the rest of cereals, or to cook them extremely rarely.
- Pasta durum can be 1-2 times a week with the addition of vegetable oil, better than olive oil.
- Ryazhenka, cottage cheese, kefir, yogurt with a low percentage of fat, but not fat, you can also lazy dumplings, cheesecakes or casseroles.
- High-quality hard cheese, with fat content up to 50%, in the amount of 30-40 grams per day.
- Eggs once in 7-10 days, in the form of an omelet or cooked soft-boiled.
- Vegetables in the form of mashed potatoes, soups, casseroles: potatoes, zucchini, beets, cauliflower, pumpkin, carrots, green peas, cucumbers, tomatoes and white cabbage in limited quantities.
- Fruit in the form of mashed potatoes, jelly, stewed fruit: strawberries, avocados, apricots, sweet apples, pineapple, watermelon and cantaloupe in the minimum amount.
- White, dried bread, dry biscuits.
- Sweets, desserts: home-made jelly (not shop in bags), marshmallow without chocolate in half every 2-3 days.
- Water without gas, dogrose broth, non-sweet and weak tea.
What not to eat for pancreatitis:
- Fat meat: lamb, goose, pork, duck, especially fried (shish kebab, meatballs, etc.), canned food, sausages, stew, rich broth.
- Fatty fish: sturgeon, mackerel, salmon, herring, catfish, smoked fish, caviar, canned fish.
- Fat cottage cheese, glazed curd bars, sweet curds, spicy or smoked varieties of cheese.
- Hard boiled eggs, fried eggs.
- Vegetables: radish, raw onion, garlic, radish, beans, beans, sweet peppers, sorrel, spinach, salad. Mushrooms are forbidden to use in any form.
- Fruits: citrus fruits, berries that contain a large amount of acid, such as cranberries, lingonberries, as well as sweet and hard to digest - figs, grapes, bananas, dates.
- Sweets: chocolate, buns, ice cream, any nuts, coconut milk.
- Drinks: coffee, strong tea, carbonated water, kvass.
The use of any alcohol is strictly prohibited, since even the most insignificant use of alcohol can cause a relapse and exacerbation of the pancreas.
What is pancreatitis?
Pancreatitis - inflammation of the pancreas. The main cause of the disease is poor outflow of digestive juice and enzymes produced by the gland into the small intestine.
Under the influence of enzymes, the gland itself and nearby vessels and organs are destroyed; therefore, a problem that is often ignored leads to death.
Insufficient outflow of bile is a consequence of the appearance of tumors or stones in the gland, as a result of which the duct is reduced or blocked. Most often, people who overeat regularly encounter pancreatitis, often eat spicy, fatty or fried foods, and abuse alcohol.
Features of the disease
To understand what a disease is, consider the principle of a healthy organ. In the normal state, iron is involved in the digestion of proteins, carbohydrates and fats. Using hormones, it additionally regulates blood sugar.
When inflammation disrupts the work of the body, and enzymes leaked into the bloodstream lead to intoxication. Under normal circumstances, these enzymes are activated already in the gastrointestinal tract, but during the inflammatory process under the influence of negative factors, activation is carried out in the pancreas, as a result of which it “digests itself”.
Important! The greatest danger to health is not a disease, but complications. It is about diabetes and cancer.
The list of causes provoking the development of pancreatitis and further complications is represented by the abuse of alcohol and all sorts of disruption in the gallbladder. These factors cause problems in 95% of cases.
In other cases, the occurrence of the disease is promoted by infection, abdominal trauma, stomach surgery, hormonal disorders, malfunctions in metabolic processes and heredity.
Types of Pancreatitis
To fight pancreatitis is not a waste of manpower and money, it is important to determine the type of disease. Types of pancreatitis differ in the course and subtleties of the drug effect on the gland.
- Acute pancreatitis. Feature type in the sudden appearance and further self-healing. Often people do not recognize the problem because it resembles poisoning or frustration. If a person leads a healthy lifestyle, the likelihood of re-exacerbation is too low. With frequent eating of fatty foods and alcohol abuse, repeated exacerbations are guaranteed, as are serious consequences.
- Chronic pancreatitis . The result of continuous exposure to alcohol and fatty foods on the gland. Often this type is caused by neglected or untreated diseases of the digestive system. Accompanied by alternating flares and lull.
- Acute recurrent pancreatitis . It is problematic to diagnose, because it strongly resembles a sharp type. Rescues only the analysis of the period through which the symptoms reappear. If another seizure occurred within six months after the first manifestation, this indicates a recurrent form.
Symptoms of Pancreatitis
How to recognize a problem without having the appropriate knowledge? Often, pancreatitis manifests itself brightly and is accompanied by pain around the left hypochondrium. Sometimes painful sensations appear in the upper half of the abdominal cavity and affect the heart. Traditionally, pain in these areas appears after a dense meal, and standard painkillers can not help in removing the attack.
There are also indirect signs that indicate pancreatitis, but people do not always read them correctly. Therefore, I recommend giving increased attention to the information presented below.
- Digestive disorders. We are talking about nausea and vomiting, flatulence, hiccups, constipation and diarrhea.
- The rapid weight loss without a reason - a person does not engage in physical labor, does not stick to a diet, does not take other measures to combat excess kilos.
- Pressure jumps, body temperature deviations from the norm.
Important! If you feel unwell, seek medical advice and try to quickly determine the cause of its occurrence. Chronic pancreatitis is often accompanied by asymptomatic periods. It is not excluded that the problem appeared long ago, but you do not know about it because of the high secrecy.
Therapy and Treatment
The key to a quick solution is timely treatment. It is extremely important to consult a doctor at the initial stage, accompanied by the appearance of the first signaling symptoms. Pancreatitis can be cured - true, but sometimes people start up their health so much that even a good doctor without titanic efforts can get results.
At the initial stage of treatment follow the following scheme.
- Hunger . It is recommended to starve for three days in order to relieve an attack or transfer the illness to the stage of remission. It is allowed to drink clean water. For other fluids, it is better to consult a doctor.
- Cold . A heating pad filled with ice or cold water helps relieve inflammation and makes you feel better. It is applied to the stomach in the area of the gland.
- Peace . When exacerbation is recommended to minimize motor activity. This helps to reduce blood flow and normalize organs.
Pain is relieved by analgesics. After normalization of the condition, the patient is prescribed frequent and divided meals, which excludes the use of spicy, salty, fried and fatty foods.
With further treatment of pancreatitis appropriate enzyme containing drugs that provide the body invaluable support. Festal helps to reduce acidity, Pancreatin activates the breakdown of carbohydrates, proteins and fats, and vitamins strengthen the body.
Important! Independent fight against pancreatitis is unacceptable, because the wrong choice of drugs is fraught with serious consequences.
The list of possible complications includes peritonitis and necrosis. In advanced cases, often everything ends with surgery - doctors remove the destroyed fragment of the gland.
Sample menu for the week with pancreatitis
In order to treat pancreatitis successfully, it is recommended to radically reconsider the diet. Some people have a hard time getting used to the new way of eating. To facilitate the fate, I made up the menu for the week, which is advised to use as a guide. To facilitate the assimilation of the material, the information is presented in tabular form.
To make food more convenient, combine or swap the products and dishes listed in the table. This will help to diversify the menu.
Menu for exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis
In chronic pancreatitis, the acute phase alternates with a lull. In order not to cause additional harm to the body and alleviate the symptoms, it is recommended to follow the following principles of nutrition.
- The first two days do not eat. It is important to ensure the pancreas rest. This will help reduce edema and slow down inflammation, which will speed up the procedure of recovery of the organ.
- Next, divide the daily ration into 6 servings so that the pancreas is not overloaded. Do not overeat, because it is fraught with indigestion, diarrhea or fermentation, followed by flatulence.
- Follow the chemical composition of the diet. After the disappearance of pain, keep your daily intake of protein and carbohydrate at around 150 and 65 grams, respectively.
- Forget about hot and cold food. Eat only warm food. To reduce irritation of the mucous membrane, eat skipped foods. Eliminate food that accelerates the production of gastric juice.
Following these principles of nutrition, approximate the moment of onset of remission. And neglect of them is fraught with the appearance of complications.
Description of the diet "table number 5" with pancreatitis
Nutrition plays a major role in the treatment of pancreatitis. Thanks to diets that reduce the release of secretion, the pancreas returns to normal faster. And the most attention deserves the diet "table number 5", which helps reduce pain, improve digestive processes and better digestion. Consider the criteria for diet.
- The beginning of the diet is preceded by a three-day fast. At this time, the body is at rest. As a result, the destructive effect of enzymes on the mucous membrane stops.
- When pancreatitis consumed only warm food. The basis of the diet are protein-fortified foods. Consumption of carbohydrates and fat is minimal. It is forbidden to eat food that is saturated with coarse fiber or acids.
- To protect the stomach and pancreas from additional damage, the products are boiled or steamed after pre-grinding.
- Daily caloric in pancreatitis - 2000 kcal.
It is important to consume more fluids. Nutritionists recommend a day to drink up to 2 liters of water. The best solution is mineralized drink.
I note that the diet "table number 5" has several options that are used depending on the type of disease.
- Acute pancreatitis . Appropriate option "a". The basis of nutrition is liquid or pureed food. Secretion enhancing products are strictly prohibited. The amount of salt consumed per day is limited to 10 grams, and the total caloric content of products at the level of 1700 kcal. Eat in small portions every 3 hours during the week.
- Chronic pancreatitis . Here comes option “b” to the rescue.It provides for the removal of broths and broths that stimulate secretion from the diet. Daily caloric intake - 2700 kcal. Food is served on the table in a grated form.
Diet "№5" - the result of numerous observations and research. Proper nutrition at home provides the body with the necessary substances for the body to work without harm to the pancreas.
Medical nutrition in chronic pancreatitis and cholecystitis
Pancreatitis is a problem with the pancreas, and cholecystitis is a disease of the gallbladder. Symptoms of these diseases are similar, and their diet is the same. Food for pancreatitis or cholecystitis depends on the stage of the disease. In chronic disease, the main goal to be achieved with nutrition is rest of the pancreas and gall bladder, so the diet provides for a complete rejection of:
When pancreatitis is in a chronic stage, doctors recommend the following foods to a patient:
- meat, fish steamed,
- vegetarian entrees,
- cereals and steamed vegetables,
- fruits with minimal acidity,
- cottage cheese,
- mineral water without gas, jelly.
What not for pancreatitis
When pancreatitis recommended cautious and proper nutrition, because many products cause exacerbation. Some people find it difficult to change their diet, but without this it is impossible to heal. Consider by category products that are better not to use for pancreatitis.
- Meat . It is undesirable to eat fatty and smoked meat dishes, rich broths, because they are hard to digest. Gastroenterologists prohibit eating pork, dishes of duck and goose, kebabs, sausages and sausages, meatballs, stew and aspic. Red meat and offal are also prohibited.
- A fish . Fatty fish should not be present on the table of a person suffering from pancreatitis, be it catfish, mackerel, trout or salmon. Canned food, caviar and pickles are also included in the category of banned fish products.
- Fruits . With pancreatitis, even some fruits do not benefit the body. These include avocados, grapes, dates, cranberries and figs. The dried apricots are undesirable. It has a lot of sugar, for the digestion of which you need insulin produced by the gland.
- Vegetables . The benefits of products from this category have been proven several times, but some of them with pancreatitis can worsen the condition. Doctors advise for the time being to give up cabbage, onions, radish, spinach, bell pepper, horseradish, radish and sorrel. Nutritionists include cucumbers and tomatoes in this category, referring to the high sensitivity of the body to these vegetables. Legumes that activate fermentation are also contraindicated.
- Mushrooms . They create a huge load on the gland, so when pancreatitis it is forbidden to use mushrooms boiled, fried or salted. Banned and mushroom broths.
- Canned food . Pancreatitis prohibits any pickled or canned vegetables, especially if vinegar was used in their preparation.
- Cereals and bread . During exacerbation of prohibited fresh bread, buns and other pastries. It is recommended to replace them with galetny cookies, breadcrumbs or yesterday's bread. Banned corn and wheat porridge.
- The drinks . Pancreatitis and alcohol are incompatible things, so it’s not worth talking about a ban on drinking alcohol. As for the other drink, the prohibition category includes kvass, coffee and cocoa, fat milk, tea and soda.
- Sweets . It is regrettable, but in case of pancreatitis it is forbidden to eat foods saturated with carbohydrates and fats. From chocolate, ice cream, cakes, cakes and creams with glazed curds should be abandoned. Confectionery includes trans fats that harm even a healthy body.
The key to a quick recovery is to stop using foods that intensify or support the inflammatory process, irritate the glandular mucosa. To make such a step is not easy, but worth it.
Proper nutrition in acute pancreatitis or exacerbation of chronic
With the exacerbation of the chronic form of cholecystitis or pancreatitis for the first two days, starvation is indicated. It is allowed only to drink 5-6 times a day about 200 ml of alkaline mineral water or rosehip broth. If the exacerbation is too strong, then drinking is prohibited, and intravenous nutrition is administered. Two days later, next week, special nutrition is introduced for pancreatitis - diet number 5p, which includes several options. Sample diet menu number 5p:
- First breakfast: steam omelette without yolks, oatmeal, which should be rubbed, tea.
- Second breakfast: low-fat cottage cheese, rosehip decoction.
- Lunch: boiled meat, rice soup, wheat rusk, fruit jelly.
- Snack: apples baked.
- Dinner: steamed carrot soufflé, boiled sea fish, tea.
- Dinner two: dogrose broth.
Features diet after an attack
Diet is the main way to treat pancreatitis, so after an attack, the patient is tested to check for pancreatic enzymes, and then, depending on their condition, the doctor prescribes a diet food. As the enzymes decrease, the diet expands and already on day 3 it is allowed to eat 4 to 6 times a day in small portions in order not to provoke a new attack of pancreatitis and not to overload the pancreas. The photo shows where the pancreas is:
What is shown after the attack?
- Boiled, baked, steamed food. Fish should be only low-fat varieties, such as sturgeon, carp, silver carp or catfish.
- From meat products choose low-fat varieties: chicken, rabbit, turkey, beef. Fatty meat irritates the abdominal cavity, causing pain.
- Drinking weak tea, fresh juices, kefir. But the juice must be diluted with water, so as not to provoke a new attack.
Dietary food after an attack of pancreatitis should be rich in proteins that the stomach needs, so doctors recommend adding products such as low-fat cottage cheese, a low-fat hard cheese, low-fat cheese, mashed potatoes, compotes, low-fat milk, yogurt to the daily diet. . The diet should be a lot of greens, fresh vegetables, fruits, a little sugar, salt. Such nutrition will allow the patient after an attack of pancreatitis to quickly enter into the usual rhythm of life.
Baby Food Mode for Pancreatitis
Although it is generally accepted that pancreatitis is an adult disease, children suffer from it at least. Gastroenterologists are sounding the alarm, and more and more often babies turn to doctors with chronic pancreatitis. Feeding a child with such a dangerous diagnosis combines two main postulates: food should be warm and feeding should be done in several stages. Meals should be gentle: reduce the amount of carbohydrates, and increase protein intake. It is desirable to give food to the child in the wiped look, especially at an exacerbation of pancreatitis.
Children with a disease should not be given:
- Fish, meat or mushroom broths.
- Canned food, marinades, spices.
- Fat, spicy, fried, smoked.
- Fresh fruits, sorrel, juices, berries.
- Products containing elevated protein.
- Carbonated drinks.
- Strong coffee, tea.
- Creamy, pasta.
- Fresh bread.
Children with pancreatitis are allowed:
- Low-fat dairy products.
- Milk diluted with water.
- Vegetable puree, soups.
- Oatmeal, buckwheat porridge.
- Omelette, steamed patties.
- Lean fish, meat.
In order to avoid the development of this dangerous disease, as a measure to prevent the onset of gastritis, a child needs to be trained to good nutrition from the first years of life, to avoid overeating, to minimize the amount of sweets, soda, fast food, chips and other harmful foods. Regularly carry out the prevention of worms and follow the correct diet. What should be the diet of the child so that he does not have problems with the gall bladder, we learn from Dr. Komarovsky from the video below:
Foods that can be included in the diet
For pancreatitis or cholecystitis, the daily diet should contain:
- Carbohydrates, not more than 200 g.
- Fats, not more than 60 g, proteins 150 g, of which vegetable - 30%, and animals - 70%.
The main factor in the development of these diseases is unhealthy diet, so the diet should be followed not for 3-4 months, but for the whole life, so as not to provoke more serious illnesses. Food should be fractional, that is, you need to eat every two or three hours in small portions. It is recommended to consume no more than 3 kg of food and at least 2 liters of water per day.
The right products will not only weaken pancreatitis, transfer it to the remission stage, but also be an excellent preventive measure for its further development. Foods that doctors recommend to include in the diet for pancreatitis:
- Herbal decoctions.
- Steamed vegetables.
- Low-fat dairy products.
- Non-acidic fruit.
- Liquid cereals: oatmeal, buckwheat, semolina, rice.
- Steam omelets from egg whites.
- Baked pears and apples.
- Unrefined vegetable oil.
- Natural yogurt without any additives, better cooked at home.
- Vegetable soups.
- Stale bread.
- Lean meat and fish.
Recipes diet for pancreatitis of the pancreas
If there is a certain imagination and desire, then it is easy to follow proper nutrition for pancreatitis. Especially now, when modern technologies have made life easier for us, and in stores, steamers, yogurt makers, multicookers and the rest of modern equipment for healthy nutrition are no longer a problem. For patients with chronic pancreatitis, delicious meat salads with vegetables, various puddings and souffles are relevant. We offer at your discretion a couple of simple tasty recipes:
- Pumpkin porridge is a healthy dish for pancreatitis.
For its preparation, you need to take a ripe, sweet pumpkin, cut off the peel, cut into large cubes and pour water in a saucepan so that it completely covers the vegetable. Boil the pumpkin for about 20 minutes, then add 7 tablespoons of washed rice, mix and cook until ready. Then in a pumpkin-rice porridge should add a glass of milk, bring to a boil. If you stir the porridge until a homogeneous mass, it will be very easy and tasty dish.
- Cauliflower puree soup is a tasty dish for pancreatitis.
It requires an average cauliflower, pre-disassembled into inflorescences, which are mixed with chopped onions and carrots. Vegetables are boiled in water and milk, mixed 1: 1 until cooked, and then whipped on a blender, salted a little, sprinkled with hard cheese, grated on a grater. Our tender soup is ready! Be healthy!
The information presented in the article is for informational purposes only. Article materials do not call for self-treatment. Only a qualified doctor can diagnose and advise on treatment based on the individual characteristics of a particular patient.
Everyone is familiar with the phrase - “Best friends of the liver, stomach, pancreas - COLD, HUNGER and REST”, so it is important to get up from the table with a slight feeling of hunger, eat a portion that can fit in the palm and maintain emotional calm, then the course of the disease will be easier and a speedy recovery will follow.
A diet for pancreatitis is not as terrible as we imagine; it can be quite varied, tasty, and most importantly, wholesome and safe. We offer to get acquainted with it.
- Breakfast: omelette steamed from one egg, weak tea with bread,
- Snack: 2-3 pieces of galetny cookies with cheese,
- Dinner: 150 grams of buckwheat porridge (in finished form), zucchini, boiled or baked without spices and butter, 100-150 grams of cottage cheese with fat content up to 9%,
- Snack: grated, sweet apple, or baked in the oven,
- Dinner: oatmeal on water 150-200 grams, salad of grated beets (you can add boiled carrots).
- Breakfast: 200 grams of cottage cheese with tea or compote,
- Snack: a salad of boiled green peas and carrots, seasoned with a few drops of vegetable oil,
- Dinner: 200 grams of boiled beef with tomato stewed in its own juice without oil, bread 1-2 slices, 150 grams of oatmeal on water,
- Snack: 250 ml of kissel from permitted berries / fruits, with a minimum amount of sugar,
- Dinner: vegetable soup without meat 300 -400 grams, a glass of low-fat yogurt or ryazhenka without dyes and sweeteners.
The third day
- Breakfast: 150 grams of rice porridge with milk, 2 crackers,
- Snack: one baked apple with cottage cheese,
- Dinner: 300 ml of soup with chicken broth with meat, a slice of bread, baked or boiled vegetable,
- Snack: 2 pieces of dried apricots / jelly or yogurt (150-200 ml),
- Dinner: carrot puree in a volume of 150 grams, one medium cutlet for a couple.
- Breakfast: a serving of cottage cheese casserole or 2 cheesecakes without eggs and butter, tea or rosehip tea with sugar,
- Snack: 30 grams of hard cheese
- Dinner: soup with broth with oatmeal or noodles, a slice of bread, cutlet or a portion of steamed meat,
- Snack: fruit jelly 150-200 grams,
- Dinner: 150 grams of mashed potatoes without oil, 200 grams of steamed fish, 1-2 boiled cauliflower inflorescences.
- Breakfast: steamed patty, 150 grams of grated, boiled beets, tea,
- Snack: a glass of water without gas, 2 crackers or galetny cookies,
- Dinner: vegetable broth, buckwheat porridge 100 grams, 100 grams of boiled chicken, bread,
- Snack: a glass of natural yogurt,
- Dinner: durum macaroni 200 grams, the same amount of boiled peas, beetroot, and carrot salad seasoned with a few drops of olive oil, half a marshmallow.
- Breakfast: baked pumpkin with half a teaspoon of honey, a glass of kefir, bread,
- Snack: 100 grams of cottage cheese,
- Dinner: soufflé of rice and chicken meat baked in the oven, the portion should be no more than 300 grams, steam zucchini, rosehip broth.
- Snack: baked pear or apple / fruit jelly,
- Dinner: oatmeal on water 200 grams, 100 grams of boiled veal, tea with a spoon of milk, 1 dried apricots.
- Breakfast: semolina on milk - 200 ml, sweet compote with bread,
- Snack: apple sauce / curd casserole - 100 grams,
- Dinner: vegetable puree 200 grams, 1-2 fish steamed patties, a glass of yogurt,
- Snack: jelly or jelly from berries, fruits - one glass,
- Dinner: chicken broth with potatoes and carrots -250-300 ml, a slice of bread, 1 boiled beets, a weak tea.
Also, vegetables and meat can be stewed in their own juice without adding oil, it is recommended to use such dishes, not earlier than 1.5 months after the period of exacerbation of the pancreas. In consultation with your doctor, you can introduce new products and expand the diet with other interesting dishes.
Stick to a balanced diet, with a full combination of proteins and carbohydrates, do not overeat and drink enough clean, still water. Such simple rules of nutrition will help to support the functions of the pancreas, will allow the disease not to progress further and will serve as a good prevention and a good habit for other family members.