Gastritis is a common disease of the digestive system. With the disease, the membrane of the digestive organs (stomach, intestines) becomes inflamed. A person feels pain in the area of inflammation, general weakness of the body, the process of food digestion is disturbed, leading to a feeling of heaviness in the stomach, nausea, and heartburn.
What is heartburn (piroz)
It occurs in violation of the acid-base balance in the digestive tract. With pyrosis, food from the stomach is thrown back into the esophagus, causing discomfort. The phenomenon of heartburn is characteristic mainly for patients with gastritis with high acidity. There are cases when signs of pyrosis appear at low acidity.
Sometimes an additional burp develops. Treat heartburn is required at the first symptoms, not starting, often pyrosis becomes a sign of serious illness or a symptom of deterioration of health with already apparent disease.
With heartburn, a person feels a sensation of burning, heat behind the sternum, in the esophagus, in the mouth an unpleasant bitter taste is felt (with increased acidity) or sour (with reduced acidity). It does not appear immediately, approximately an hour after meals.
As you know, during gastritis, the patient is obliged to adhere to a diet in order to injure less the inflamed mucous membrane of the digestive tract organs. Violation of the rule leads to unpleasant and painful sensations, including heartburn.
Among the main causes of increased acidity of the stomach during gastritis are:
- bad habits (smoking, alcohol),
- taking some medicine
- too fatty or spicy food
- eating a large amount of food at a time,
- constant stressful situations.
First, if you have constant heartburn and gastritis, you will have to adhere to the correct diet:
- do not overeat
- Do not eat food that irritates the stomach (spicy, fatty, smoked).
Properly chosen diet for heartburn and gastritis takes into account the necessary vitamins, minerals, nutrients for the normal functioning of the body and the digestive system.
When dietary need:
- Take food gradually throughout the day (eat 5-6 times a day after the same time). You can not take too hot or cold food (such food irritates the inflamed stomach lining even more). Chew carefully so that food is easier to digest.
- There are a few hours before bedtime (no later than 2-3 hours).
- Drink up to two liters of liquid (plain water) per day (so that food is easier to digest).
After eating, it is useful to rest for half an hour, you cannot immediately take up physical work so as not to provoke the appearance of pyros again.
For people with gastritis and heartburn foods are useful in the diet:
- low fat cottage cheese, sour milk, ryazhenka, milk,
- lean types of meat (veal, chicken, rabbit),
- rice, oatmeal,
- wholegrain flour products,
- vegetables (potatoes, carrots, different varieties of cabbage, peas, beans),
- fruits (apples, bananas),
- from drinks, let's say tea is not strong (preferably green), mineral water without gas, with juices remain cautious, some drinks irritate the gastric mucosa.
Banned with pyrosis and gastritis:
- alcoholic beverages
- coffee, strong tea (black),
- sweet flour
- spicy, fatty foods,
- tomatoes, lemons, oranges (affect the mucous membrane of the digestive organs).
It is better to cook food, baking in the oven or steaming. Then more vitamins and minerals useful for the body are stored in products. Having eaten, it is shown a little rest (half an hour or an hour), active movement provokes an attack of pyrosis.
A popular remedy for heartburn is soda. Half a teaspoon of soda in a glass of water to drink before a meal. Soda really helps, it is alkali, it neutralizes the acid in the gastric juice. But with a similar way to get rid of the symptoms of pyrosis, you should be careful, too frequent use of soda will lead to serious poisoning (vomiting, headaches). When using a solution of soda in the stomach, carbon dioxide is released, inflaming the mucous membrane more strongly.
Folk recipes for heartburn
To relieve the symptoms of heartburn, to restore the acid-base balance in the stomach, use the treatment of folk remedies (various herbs and infusions).
Chamomile medicinal is considered an effective remedy. To prepare the broth, take two or three tablespoons of dried chamomile flowers, pour 250 grams of hot water, let stand for 20 minutes, drain. Drink in small sips three times a day.
Prepare the infusion of dill, anise and fennel. Herbs have a good effect on the stomach, soothing the inflamed mucous membrane. Pour a teaspoon of each ingredient in a glass, pour boiling water. Take a teaspoon until the symptoms of heartburn.
A good effect gives flax seed. Half a cup of boiling water is taken on a teaspoon of seeds. Before use, add a glass to the top (dilute the infusion), take on an empty stomach for at least two weeks. Or flax seeds grind on powder, pour hot water, let it brew and drink in small sips.
For heartburn helper - simple potatoes. Grate the potatoes, squeeze out the juice (about half a cup), drink (before eating). The number of doses depends on the strength of the discomfort caused by heartburn (from one to five times).
Oatmeal. Oatmeal is known to be a great way to calm the stomach. To prepare the infusion, dried oats are ground on powder. Tablespoon pour 1.5 cups and leave for five hours. Then filter through gauze, drink a quarter of a glass for 20-30 minutes before eating and sleeping.
It is used for reflux artery. For infusion take seeds, roots and leaves. Everything is ground on powder, a pinch of potion is taken, filled with a glass of hot water and brewed for 20 minutes. Angular tea is used three times a day.
When pyrosis helps calamus root - take the powder on the tip of a teaspoon 3-4 times a day.
It alleviates the condition of the patient with heartburn almonds. It is enough to pour the nut with boiling water to make it easier to clean the skin, slowly chewing for a few minutes. Almond has the ability to eliminate the irritating effect of acid in the stomach.
The seed of oats and barley relieves the symptoms of pyrosis. Chew corn a couple of minutes, constantly swallowing saliva.
If a person has heartburn during gastritis with low acidity, it is helpful to drink an infusion of plantain leaves and grass.
When using folk methods to get rid of heartburn symptoms, be sure to remember - herbal remedies are not considered a way to cure the increased acidity of the stomach during gastritis, they only relieve symptoms and alleviate the patient's condition.
What medicines are used for heartburn?
The choice in pharmacies is large, each person will find the right medicine. Drugs that help with signs of high acidity, conventionally divided into two groups - antacids and alginates.
Popular antacids include:
The preparations neutralize the action of acid in the stomach due to the presence of magnesium and aluminum. The effect of antacids is not immediately felt, it will take more time for the drugs to start working, because they do not enter the bloodstream. Antacids have antiseptic and adsorbing effects.
before taking antacids, it is better to consult a doctor. The attending physician, taking into account the patient's condition, indications and contraindications for taking the medication, will prescribe the best treatment option.
Drugs - antacids are taken exclusively to relieve symptoms, not to prevent heartburn. Detect a number of disadvantages:
- at the reception there are failures in the digestive system (constipation and indigestion),
- the duration of the short is a maximum of two hours,
- drugs do not protect against recurrence of pyrosis,
- there are categories of people who are not allowed or limited to taking antacids (applies to pregnant and lactating mothers, children under six years old, certain drugs are prohibited for children under twelve years old),
- remedies for heartburn can affect other medications, you should consult a doctor before taking it,
- With constant long-term uncontrolled use of antacids, the normal metabolism in the body is disrupted.
Preparations from the group of alginates normalize the state of acid in the stomach. These are the medicines of Gaviscon, Laminal.
An additional type of heartburn medication should be highlighted - antisecretory drugs. Their action is directed directly to the cells that produce acid. Thus, they reduce its amount in the stomach. Allowed to take only as prescribed and directed by a doctor. These include: omeprazole, ranitidine and varieties.
- long period of action (within eight hours),
- can be taken once a day,
- low risk of side effects
- protect against repeated manifestations of pyrosis,
- can be taken by children (in the form of suspensions).
Among the shortcomings are:
- a ban on pregnant women and nursing mothers (drugs, entering the body, pass through the placenta),
- in rare cases, there may be: indigestion, severe headache, depressive state,
- influence on the effect of other drugs.
Heartburn with gastritis is one of the most common symptoms. It is characteristic of gastritis with high acidity and low. Treatment of heartburn with gastritis is carried out in different ways.
When taking any medicine for heartburn, you should consult with your doctor, the means have a number of indications and contraindications for use. There are medicines prohibited for children or for pregnant women. To take drugs for heartburn can not be longer than 14 days, due to the presence of components acting on the water-salt balance of the body. Most of the drugs for heartburn can be bought without a prescription, you only need to drink on prescription from a doctor who, given the state of health of the person, will select the appropriate type of medication and the correct dosage. We must not forget - medicines from gastritis and heartburn interact with other medicines while applying.
Popular and useful folk ways to get rid of the symptoms of pyrosis. Herbal infusions help to relieve heartburn discomfort. To achieve the effect of taking herbal infusions, you will have to strictly adhere to the schedule of reception, take into account when drinking tea - before or after meals, on an empty stomach.
One of the main conditions for relieving painful symptoms of pyrosis and gastritis is diet. Properly chosen food for heartburn will help restore balance and the production of acid in the stomach.
When taking any drugs or folk, you should know that they do not treat pyrosis, but only relieve symptoms. Therefore, heartburn remedies are taken in conjunction with the main treatment.
Heartburn and gastritis
The first stage of gastritis is weak, so the only symptom can be a constant burning sensation. The feeling of retinal heartburn occurs as a result of fluctuations in the level (increase or decrease) of the acidity of the digestive juice. As gastritis develops, symptoms with increased production of hydrochloric acid are as follows:
- heartburn 1-3 hours after the meal,
- belching with a sour taste,
- persistent painful burning in the epigastrium due to severe inflammation of the membrane on the gastric walls.
When gastritis with insufficient acidity symptoms manifest as follows:
- decreased appetite
- starts to get nauseated after a meal,
- the occurrence of vomiting after eating heavy food,
- there is burping of undigested food with a bitter aftertaste,
- the appearance of a feeling of heaviness, burning and pressure in the epigastric region after the meal.
To understand the causes of heartburn, you need to remember the anatomy. Food enters the oral cavity and then moves along the digestive tract to the rectum. In the body, it undergoes chemical treatment: first, it is exposed to hydrochloric acid in the stomach, then bile in the small intestine. Processed food should move only in one direction, but sometimes, for some reason, part of it gets back. However, the human esophagus is not protected from the effects of aggressive substances, so partially digested food damages tissues and causes a burning sensation.
If heartburn happens not so often, it is not dangerous. In the case when food is regularly thrown into the esophagus (this is called “reflux”), an inflammatory process can occur first, and then esophageal damage.
What is gastritis and heartburn?
Gastritis is a disease of the digestive system that causes inflammation of the lining of the stomach or intestines. The patient experiences pain in the epigastric region, the appetite is disturbed, heartburn, nausea, and general weakness appear. Gastritis happens without heartburn.
Heartburn with gastritis, or in a scientific way, piroz, is manifested in the fact that the food eaten is released into the esophagus, causing an unpleasant burning sensation in the throat and esophagus. This condition is observed with gastritis with high acidity. However, with low acidity, heartburn occurs.
When heartburn occurs, consultation with a gastroenterologist is required, since pyrosis often accompanies serious diseases, such as stomach ulcers, erosive reflux gastritis, and oncology.
Cardiac sphincter weakness
In most cases, the cause of heartburn is weakness of the cardiac sphincter. The cardiac sphincter is called a special muscle "flap". It is located between the esophagus and the stomach. Its main task is to prevent food or acid from being thrown from the stomach into the esophagus.
If for some reason this “valve” does not work well, then refluxes occur more often in a person and he suffers from heartburn. The cardiac sphincter opens only when food must be passed into the stomach. It also releases gases that can penetrate with food (belching). When it is forced to open too often, or it cannot close very tightly, the contents of the stomach end up in the esophagus, and there is a burning sensation.
Sometimes there are not many refluxes, but, nevertheless, the patient suffers from heartburn. The reason is that a lot of hydrochloric acid is produced, which penetrates into the esophagus, irritating it and damaging the tissue. It is for this reason that heartburn most often occurs with gastritis with high acidity.
This is one of the main symptoms of this disease. The acidity of the stomach is the percentage of hydrochloric acid in it, which is necessary for normal digestion. But if due to some disruptions in the body, hydrochloric acid produces too much, then a person has gastritis with high acidity.
Heartburn is not the norm, especially if it appears regularly. How to prevent it, and how to get rid of it if it has already appeared? What is the need to treat heartburn and gastritis?
What medicine for heartburn and gastritis can be taken to remove the unpleasant symptom? Preventive measures and dieting should help. But if there are unpleasant sensations caused by heartburn, I want to get rid of them. This can be done with the help of drugs for heartburn and gastritis.
Self-medication should not engage, it is better to talk with your doctor. The doctor may prescribe antacids for you that will relieve this symptom. These tablets and syrups neutralize chemically active substances entering the esophagus.They form a protective film that can protect tissues and cells from acid damage. Here is a list of the most popular medicines:
A doctor should not fight only one of the symptoms, it is important for him to cure the disease itself - an ulcer or gastritis. So, if the acidity is increased, the doctor will prescribe antisecretory drugs (omeprazole, lansoprazole, esomeprazole, rabeprazole, etc.). They affect the cells and reduce the amount of acid produced. They have almost no side effects, so you can take them for several months. Patients with chronic gastritis, gastroduodenitis, gastric ulcer or duodenal ulcer should be twice a year, according to the recommendation of the attending physician, undergo a course of preventive treatment, even if there is no exacerbation of the disease.
Prokinetics are often prescribed for treatment (Itopra, Ganaton, Itomed). They are needed to stimulate the motility of the digestive tract. As food is digested quickly, the amount of food that is thrown into the esophagus decreases.
Most patients believe that the best cure for heartburn is soda. However, doctors warn that in this way it cannot be treated in any way. Indeed, after taking a mixture of soda and water can get better. Heartburn recedes, because the acid in the stomach is neutralized. But after some time, a natural reaction to the alkaline solution will occur: the production of acid in even larger quantities, due to which the tissues of the esophagus will be damaged more.
A glass of warm milk will help fight heartburn. Milk envelops the walls of the esophagus, helps to get rid of burning, it has a weak alkaline environment. The fatter milk, the longer it acts.
Helps to cope with heartburn and mineral water. It is recommended to drink in diseases of the stomach. It will not cure the underlying disease, but will help get rid of unpleasant sensations. Only alkaline mineral water is suitable, which is better to buy at the pharmacy (Borjomi, Smirnovskaya, Essentuki-4).
Drink it properly. First you need to release all the gases, then heat it to 40 degrees. It is recommended to take mineral water in half an hour or an hour after meals, in small sips, one cup.
You can also use herbs for heartburn. There are many interesting recipes. For example, decoction of the crabweed. They drink it after a meal, 1 tbsp. l To prepare the broth, you must take 1 tbsp. l herbs for 1 tbsp. water. This plant is considered harmless, so it is recommended to everyone. But you need to be careful of patients suffering from bradycardia and hypertension.
Helps with gastritis and gastroesophageal reflux flax seeds. The broth is taken half an hour before meals, 3 times a day, 50 ml. To prepare a healthy broth, you need 1.5 tsp. raw materials pour 200 mg. hot water and stir for 15 minutes, strain and drink.
To cope with heartburn during gastritis, first of all, it is necessary to lead a correct lifestyle, give up bad habits, eat healthy food:
- Do not eat fatty and fried foods. It enhances the production of hydrochloric acid.
- You should not drink coffee and alcoholic beverages. For the same reason.
- Do not smoke, especially on an empty stomach. Nicotine stimulates the production of gastric juice, and, accordingly, an increase in acidity.
- Do not overeat. If a person immediately eats a lot of food, his stomach is stretched, and as a result, the secretion of hydrochloric acid increases.
- Do not abuse drugs. Some drugs (paracetamol, analgin, aspirin) irritate the gastric mucosa, which increases the concentration of hydrochloric acid.
- Not to starve. Otherwise, the acidity will increase.
- Do not chew constantly chewing gum. When a person is chewing, the body produces gastric juice.
- Do not worry, avoid stress.
- Get rid of excess weight. If a person suffers from obesity, then he has increased intra-abdominal pressure. This often causes heartburn and belching.
- Do not wear gravity. A man should not lift more than 10 kg., And a woman - more than 3.
Food and Diet Rules
If you want to get rid of heartburn, you must follow a diet, know what you can not eat and what you can. It is also important how you eat. Snacks, especially for diseases such as gastritis and ulcers, should be regular.
- Eat often, but in small portions.
- Give up hot and cold food. Food, ideally, should be at room temperature.
- You can not eat spicy dishes, sour fruits, fatty meat and rich broth.
- Sit at the table correctly.
- After eating, you should not go to bed or move actively. At least 15-20 minutes, sit quietly or go about your daily activities.
- Do not eat dinner before bedtime, after the meal should pass 2 or 3 hours.
- If you sit at the table, do not wear a belt, corset, belt, which will put pressure on your stomach. All this will affect the work of the sphincter.
Diet for heartburn and gastritis should be benign. Carefully think over your menu, exclude products that cause heartburn:
- it is necessary to abandon the fatty and fried dishes in butter,
- do not eat flour
- avoid smoked meats
- do not drink caffeinated beverages (coffee, strong tea, energy), soda,
- give up alcohol
- do not eat citrus, do not drink the juice of them,
- onions, garlic, black pepper are contraindicated,
- no chocolate
- banned tomatoes.
What food is recommended for heartburn and gastritis?
- You can eat porridge soups, vegetables, in which there is little fiber (cauliflower, potatoes).
- Fruits are better to boil or bake first; they should not be sour.
- Choose lean meat, i.e. turkey or rabbit dishes are useful. Useful steamed patties.
- You can add to the menu lean river fish, which is better to boil.
- You can not eat fresh bread, it must first be dried, and it must be wheat.
- How to be with sweets? You can eat pastila, marshmallows, jam and honey.
- Kashi (buckwheat, oatmeal and manna), pasta, noodles, rice should also be included in the menu.
If one of the symptoms of gastritis and ulcers is heartburn, it is necessary to get rid of it. First of all, it is necessary to cure the underlying disease, take gastritis pills, as well as drugs that will help fight heartburn. Important diet and compliance with the rules of eating. It is important to take care of your health until the irreversible effects of heartburn appear.
Burning in the esophagus can be caused by overeating, the reaction of the stomach to acute or fatty. In this case, heartburn occurs with an increase in acidity, 30 minutes later or an hour after eating. When dieting heartburn can be avoided.
However, it should be remembered that the burning sensation will not appear without a reason. In most cases, the appearance of burning indicates the presence of various diseases of the digestive system, including gastritis.
Medicine identifies the following types of heartburn, depending on its location:
- Pharyngeal. Arises in the throat and indicates the weakening of the sphincter of the esophagus.
- Retrosternal Observed behind the rib cage and indicates the pathology of the lower esophageal sphincter.
- Epigastric Observed in the epigastric zone and indicates reflux.
Heartburn is accompanied by belching. However, most often this occurs as a result of increased acidity.
The main factors causing heartburn
In some situations, gastritis occurs without heartburn.
The development of heartburn is usually associated with the following factors:
- Improper nutrition.
- Bad habits.
- Marinades, tomatoes and citrus fruits.
- Binge eating.
- Uncontrolled use of sugary carbonated drinks and strong coffee.
- Medication: Ibuprofen, Aspirin, etc.
- Wearing too tight clothes.
- Excess weight increases intra-abdominal pressure.
- Frequent neurosis and stress.
All of the above factors irritate the already inflamed gastric membrane, an increase in the acidity of the secretion occurs, and the gastric valve weakens.
The mechanism of the appearance of heartburn
Prolonged heartburn is often observed in the chronic form of hyperacid gastritis. The mechanism of its occurrence is as follows. After eating, the gastric secretion is thrown into the esophagus Juice, contains in its composition acid. Irritation of an already inflamed mucous membrane occurs. For this reason, an hour after eating can be painful. The person is ready for any measures to get rid of unpleasant symptoms.
How to cure heartburn caused by gastritis
To alleviate the suffering caused by this unpleasant symptom, you can take the following effective measures:
- Take antacid medication. Excess acids that are in the gastric secretion are associated with it. In other words, these drugs are recommended for high acidity. This may be, for example, Rennie, not addictive or Gaviscon. The latter is completely harmless and is suitable for pregnancy.
- Take prokinetic drugs. For example, Motillium stimulates intestinal peristalsis, and the drug Mezim, has a pancreoprotective effect. These drugs are effectively used with low acidity.
However, only a gastroenterologist will be able to prescribe an effective drug treatment to relieve heartburn attacks.
To alleviate the condition of gastritis and get rid of heartburn, it is recommended to change your daily diet:
- reduce the amount of consumed one meal,
- eliminate rich soups, fatty dishes,
- slowly and chew food thoroughly in order to facilitate the work of the digestive organs,
- increase the number of meals per day up to 6 times.
In addition, it is necessary to exclude chocolate, soda, citrus, alcohol, cabbage, spicy seasonings, tomatoes, strong coffee and tea.
For the proper functioning of the intestine, one should reduce the consumption of legumes and dairy, and add low-fat dishes to the menu. You can steam or boil foods.
It is recommended to walk about 30 minutes in the air after a meal.
You must quit smoking as cigarette smoke relaxes the lower esophageal sphincter. And this, in turn, contributes to the release into the esophagus of gastric secretion.
No need to strain the muscles of the abdomen, and especially after eating. In addition, weight lifting, sharp coughing should be avoided. And also it is not recommended to wear too tight clothes.
It is necessary to get rid of excess weight. And you should avoid nervous shocks and stresses.
Heartburn and its features
The burning sensation in the esophagus begins to manifest itself when acidity in the stomach rises. And this happens after eating - in half an hour or an hour. But heartburn doesn't just happen. If foods are dietary, then burning sensations can be avoided. Although in most cases it is only a concomitant symptom of various diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, including gastritis.
Experts distinguish several types of heartburn, which depend on the place of its manifestation:
- Pharyngeal - burning spreads in the throat (this symptom can be judged on the weakened functions of the esophageal sphincters - the upper and lower).
- Epigastric - a burning sensation in the epigastric region (such a feeling of heartburn indicates that there was a throwing into the stomach of the contents from the intestine).
- Retrosternal - heartburn spreads behind the sternum (this is a direct indication of the disturbed functions of the lower esophageal sphincter).
When gastritis manifestations of heartburn is accompanied by belching, but in most cases this is due to an increase in acidity.
Factors that provoke heartburn
As already mentioned, heartburn during gastritis may not always appear, but depending on certain factors:
- Malnutrition (eating spicy, fatty, smoked, sour foods).
- Unhealthy lifestyle (smoking, alcohol).
- Abuse of strong coffee and sweet carbonated drinks such as "Fanta" or "Cola".
- Citrus, tomatoes, pickled vegetables and fruits.
- Overeating, which stretches the stomach.
- Acceptance of certain drugs (such as Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Ortofen).
- Wearing tight belts, pants or skirts (pressure is applied to the area of the inflamed stomach).
- Pregnancy (a growing fetus puts pressure on the internal organs of a patient with gastritis).
- Excess weight (extra kilos contribute to an increase in intra-abdominal pressure).
- Stressful situations and constant neurosis.
All of these factors have an irritating effect on the inflamed mucous membranes of the stomach, as a result of which the acidity of the gastric juice increases, and the valve of the stomach comes to a relaxed state.
The manifestation of heartburn with gastritis
A persistent burning sensation in the esophagus often accompanies chronic hyperacid gastritis. The mechanism of heartburn in this case is as follows:
- when a person with gastritis eats, then in his esophagus from the stomach is the release of gastric juice, which contains a large amount of acid,
- as a result of this, the inflamed gastric mucosa is irritated,
- within an hour after eating, pain may also occur.
The first desire of the patient is to take at least some measures to get rid of the burning sensation inside.
Get rid of heartburn that occurs during gastritis
If the heartburn “attack” overtook you, then you can take a series of effective measures that will surely ease the suffering:
- Drink antacid drug, its action is aimed at binding the excess acids in the gastric juice (for example, Rennie, its distinguishing feature is that it is not addictive, or Gaviscon Forte, which is completely harmless to pregnant women), that is, such drugs for gastritis with high acidity.
- To drink a pill of prokinetic medication (for example, Motillium is a stimulator of intestinal peristalsis) or an enzyme preparation (Mezim, which has a pancreoprotective effect), these medications are designed for gastritis with low acidity.
But only a qualified specialist - a gastroenterologist - can prescribe the right medicine to quickly help relieve a heartburn attack.
Want to get rid of heartburn - change lifestyle
Experts recommend that patients listen to the reactions of their body. This will help to avoid unmotivated bouts of heartburn, even if it is a symptom of gastritis. At first glance, the recommendations do not cause any difficulties, but it is necessary to adhere to them constantly, only then the burning sensation inside the body will disappear.
The first step is to change your diet:
- limit the amount of food eaten at one meal
- Do not include fatty and rich broths in your menu (this mainly applies to meat and bone types, including fish),
- When eating, chew food thoroughly and slowly (this will facilitate the process of further digestion),
- set the rule for yourself to eat not four times a day, but six (for example, first breakfast, second breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, first dinner, second dinner).
The second step is to exclude from the menu products that cause heartburn:
- carbonated drinks,
- chocolate and pastry made from it,
- fatty products (including butter),
- various spices and seasonings (these include onions and garlic),
- vegetables - tomatoes, cabbage,
- from drinks - strong tea and coffee.
The third step - it is necessary to achieve regular functioning of the intestine:
- reduce the number of such products that can cause flatulence - dairy, pulses,
- eat low-fat dishes, steamed or boiled.
The fourth step - after each meal, take it a rule to walk in the fresh air for about half an hour (due to the motor activity, the acid produced by the stomach after eating will not be able to go up the esophagus).
The fifth step - stop smoking tobacco products. It turns out that tobacco smoke on the lower esophageal sphincter has a relaxing effect, and this only favors the release of acidic gastric juice into the esophagus. Even if you do not smoke yourself, and this is done by someone from close people, it is also not recommended to inhale tobacco smoke, therefore you should air the room more often.
The sixth step - do not strain your abdominal muscles, especially after you ate. If you need to bend, replace the tilt with a squat, you can bend your knees, but not your back. With increasing pressure in the abdominal cavity, there is also an unpleasant burning sensation. Therefore it is necessary to avoid:
- sharp cough
- tight clothes with tight straps
- weight lifting.
The seventh step - get rid of extra pounds, which also affect the increase in intra-abdominal pressure.
The eighth step - try to avoid all sorts of stressful situations, and for this you need to look at life with optimism.
Folk remedies for heartburn
To relieve heartburn during gastritis, you can use traditional medicine recipes - decoctions of various medicinal plants, juices, infusions that help reduce acidity, restore the body as a whole.
Recipe 1 - "Infusion of chamomile drug." A few spoons of dried chamomile grass pour a glass of boiling water, then leave for 20 minutes, strain and drink, slowly, in small sips. You can replace chamomile tea.
Recipe 2 - "Infusion of flaxseed." In the evening, a spoonful of seeds is filled with boiling water - half a cup, in the morning the infusion will be ready. Before you take it, you should bring the volume to a full glass and drink on an empty stomach. The course of such admission for at least two weeks.
Recipe 3 - “Flax Seed Powder”. Flax seeds can be ground on a coffee grinder, and when having a heartburn attack, pour a teaspoon of powder into a glass of warm water and drink in small sips.
Recipe 4 - "Oatmeal decoction." Grains of washed and dried oats with peel are ground in a coffee grinder. Spoon obtained oatmeal powder is poured into a thermos, pour boiling water. Steamed for five hours, then carefully filtered through cheesecloth. Drink a quarter of a glass for 20 minutes before meals and before bedtime.
If you decide to use one of these recipes, you must first consult with your doctor.
Causes of Heartburn
In spite of the fact that a burning sensation may appear during low-acid gastritis, this symptom appears more often with hypersecretion of hydrochloric acid. There are several medical theories regarding the development of gastritis with hypersecretion and heartburn:
- hereditary type A gastritis, which develops with a genetic predisposition to pathology,
- Acquired type "B", suggesting infection with Helicobacter, followed by its reproduction at the junction of the stomach and duodenal process of the intestine,
- Acquired type "C", developing due to the negative impact of external factors: drug abuse, alcohol, smoking, improper diet, chronic stress.
If you experience sudden heartburn during gastritis, you cannot tolerate discomfort, but you must immediately stop the symptom. To do this, you can use the following recipes:
- 5 g of soda per glass of drinking water. The resulting alkaline solution neutralizes the excess amount of acid in the stomach. The recipe can be applied no more than 1 time per 24 hours, so as not to disturb the natural acid-base balance.
- 5 g of aloe juice in a glass of water. The tool acts at the first sign of heartburn.
- 1 tbsp. l sunflower oil. It envelops the walls of the stomach, preventing irritation of the mucous hydrochloric acid.
With a constant burning sensation before or after a meal, measures should be taken immediately. But to wait until the discomfort passes away on its own or to self-medicate is strictly forbidden, as this can cause negative consequences and serious complications.
So that the acute form does not go into chronic gastritis, the patient needs to go to a gastroenterologist. The specialist will examine it, examine the medical history and family history, and send it to the medical examination:
- laboratory examination of feces for Helicobacter and serum,
- X-ray of the digestive tract,
- endoscopic examination of the digestive organs.
Based on the findings of the examination, the doctor will determine the duration of the therapeutic course, prescribe medications for the elimination of heartburn and relieve mucosal inflammation.
Important principles to improve the effectiveness of drug treatment of gastritis, accompanied by heartburn, are as follows:
- Reducing the amount of foods in the diet that stimulate acid production: spicy and spicy foods, citrus fruits, sauces, pastes, tomatoes and juice from them, onions, garlic.
- Monitor the amount of food consumed at a time, prevent overeating and the rapid absorption of food without chewing thoroughly.
- Stop smoking.
- Do not lie down after a meal.
- Do not take acidic medicines. If you can not cancel them, you should drink the tablets with milk or take it with food.
- Raise the head of the bed if heartburn is disturbing at night or in the morning.
- Lose weight.
Diet therapy and regimen
Normalize the acidity and get rid of heartburn helps careful diet and drinking regime. Principles of nutrition:
- thorough chewing or chafing before eating solid foods,
- observance of the temperature regime of dishes (not higher / lower than 21-22 ° C),
- ensuring fractional nutrition (up to 7 times a day) small before Dieting - the key to getting rid of heartburn and gastritis
(up to 350 ml) at regular intervals,
Efficacy for heartburn during gastritis has been proven to be treated with non-carbonated alkaline mineral water. For daily use, suitable water containing bicarbonate or bicarbonate sulfates, such as Borzhomi, Slavyanskaya, Dilijan, Smirnovskaya. The first 5 days, 50 ml of mineral water is used in the form of heat before meals or when the first sensations of burning appear. After 3-5 days a single dose is increased to 200 ml. You need to drink water three times a day on an empty stomach for 21-30 days.
Drug therapy for heartburn is complex for gastritis, since this symptom is often accompanied by other unpleasant sensations (belching, pain, bloating) and general disorders of the digestive function. Heartburn with gastritis is treated:
- Painkillers - for relief of severe burning pain:
- antispasmodics ("No-shpa", "Drotaverin"),
- M-holinoblokatorami ("Metatsin", "Gastrotsepin").
- Enveloping drugs - to protect the mucosa from aggressive gastric acid: "Smekta".
- Acid-lowering drugs - to quench the secretion of acid: "Omeprazole", "Lanzoprozol", "Rabeprazole."
- Regenerating medicines - for the regeneration of the damaged mucous: "Solcoseryl", "Gastrofarm", "Kaleflon", sea buckthorn oil.
- Enzymes - to restore the digestive function: "Festal", "Mezim", "Panzinorm", "Pancreatin", "Digestal". The drug for the stabilization of gastric motility: "Motilium".
- Antacid drugs:
- on the basis of phosphoric acid and aluminum salts: "Gasterin", "Phosphalugel", "Fomatidin",
- on the basis of aluminum and magnesium compounds: "Palmagel", "Altacid", "Almagel", "Maalox", "Gastracid".
- on the basis of a combined composition: "Geviscon", "Gastal", "Topalkan", "Rutacid", "Taltsid".
- Antibiotics - to suppress the identified pathogenic microflora: "Clarithromycin", "Amoxicillin", "Pariet", "Creon".
Complications and Prevention
Untreated gastritis, characterized by painful heartburn, is fraught with a transition to a chronic form with frequent recurrences and complications, and this will lead to a stomach ulcer. If timely measures are not taken to prevent heartburn in chronic gastritis, reflux disease and esophagitis may develop when the acidic contents of the stomach are thrown back into the esophagus, causing severe inflammation of the esophageal mucosa and increased burning.
To prevent the development of gastritis with heartburn, you should:
- organize nutrition with healthy, fortified foods,
- give up addiction
- avoid stress
- timely eliminate heartburn and treat other pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract.
Causes of disease
- poor nutrition,
- bacteria of the genus Helicobacter pylori,
- burn of the gastric mucosa,
- alcohol abuse
- long-term use of certain drugs
- autoimmune diseases.
Today, gastritis is one of the most common diseases, every person suffers from some form of this disease, but not everyone takes the disease seriously, and often the process of inflammation in the stomach becomes chronic. In order not to miss the moment of onset of the disease, you must immediately pay attention to some of the symptoms that signal the beginning of the inflammatory process in the stomach.
Symptoms and types of disease
- pain in the stomach, it is acute, paroxysmal and rather painful,
- heartburn (this symptom may appear in the very early stages of the disease),
- nausea, especially immediately after eating,
- strong salivation,
- frequent belching with a sour taste,
- diarrhea or constipation
- fever, fatigue, dizziness.
According to the degree of spread of inflammation of the stomach, doctors determine the type of gastritis.
The symptoms of this disease can not go unnoticed, especially patients with gastritis complain of heartburn. There are many medicines that can quickly relieve heartburn in gastritis, the treatment of the disease does not occur. And patients do not understand that by using them, they only stop its manifestation. Nevertheless, heartburn is quite painful, so you need to get rid of it as soon as possible. In addition to drugs for the removal of this condition, there are many methods of traditional medicine, which are also very effective.
Traditional methods of treating heartburn
Heartburn is the appearance of a burning sensation in the throat and chest, which is not so easy to get rid of. The cause of this symptom is the improper functioning of the digestive tract, as a result of which food during digestion enters the esophagus, which causes such unpleasant sensations.
The first remedy for such a manifestation is soda. If at the time of the appearance of heartburn there are no drugs, then such a folk remedy will quickly relieve the burning sensation in the larynx and chest. It is necessary to add a pinch of soda to 100-150 ml of water, stir and drink.
This treatment of heartburn can not be used continuously, only as an emergency room for a single use. In case of recurrence of such a symptom, it is necessary to consult a doctor in order to identify the cause of heartburn.
Another popular remedy for heartburn is apple cider vinegar. Its effectiveness may seem doubtful to many, but natural apple cider vinegar can quickly relieve such an unpleasant sensation as heartburn. Treatment of the cause of heartburn using this tool is not possible, but the temporary effect is quite positive. Need 2-3 hours l. vinegar stir in a glass of cold water and drink slowly before eating.
Potato juice is considered the best folk remedy for heartburn, it can not only get rid of this symptom, but also improve the performance of the pancreas. Potato juice can be treated for many ailments. In order to get rid of the discomfort associated with heartburn, you need to drink every morning on an empty stomach ¼ cup of freshly squeezed juice of potatoes. After this remedy is taken, it is imperative to lie down and rest for 1-1.5 hours, if heartburn is a symptom of gastritis, such a folk remedy can be added to medicines prescribed by a doctor.
Mint can be considered the best remedy that soothes an irritated stomach. Infusion of mint can quickly overcome heartburn. Need 1 tsp. This herb pour a glass of boiling water, wrap and let it brew for 10-15 minutes. This infusion is used in any amount, in the form of tea and other beverages. You can add to this drink a bit of natural juice, apple or any other, it will be useful and improve the taste of the infusion.
Honey is a tool that can heal almost any disease, if you take it regularly for a long time. In order to get rid of heartburn, you must first start taking this wonderful product. Aloe is also a popular plant known for its healing properties. To prepare this remedy for heartburn you need to mix 100 g of the juice of this plant with 1 tbsp. l honey and add a glass of water. This means to take 1 tbsp. l before meals. Treatment with this mixture will effectively affect the work of the entire digestive tract, the effect will be beneficial for all organs and body systems.
Herbs have no less pronounced therapeutic effect in the treatment of heartburn. You can make a decoction of a mixture of herbs that not only relieve heartburn attacks, but also contribute to the rapid treatment of gastritis, if it is the cause of such an unpleasant manifestation of the body. It is necessary to prepare the following herbs: celandine, plantain, chamomile, yarrow, St. John's wort and licorice root, mix them and 2 tbsp. l this mixture pour two cups of boiling water. Take half a cup 3-4 times a day.
Of the best remedies for heartburn are dill seeds. Of course, these seeds are not always and not everyone has at hand, but if you take 1 tsp with heartburn. this remedy and drink water, heartburn will disappear in minutes.
Drugs that stop the attack of heartburn, can be called the most effective, and their varieties in pharmacies a lot. Before you buy such a medicine, you must carefully study the instructions for use. Side effects, allergic reactions and other problems may occur while taking such funds.
Of the most popular drugs of this type is Renny. The low cost and effectiveness of this drug makes it the most affordable for the buyer.
Gaviscon is considered the most effective remedy for eliminating heartburn. Forms of release of these drugs are different: suspension, lozenges. There are particularly concentrated versions of such a tool.
Almagel - this is one of the best drugs to relieve an attack of heartburn. The release form of this tool does not always allow you to have it on hand on the road or at work.
Maalox is also able to remove this symptom in a short time, but the exposure time of this remedy is small, it affects its popularity among people suffering from heartburn.
In pharmacies, you can buy a lot of drugs that help with this disease, like heartburn, but they do not eliminate the cause of this sign of gastritis. It is necessary to treat this disease in a complex, including all necessary preparations. Diet during the course of treatment plays a significant role, not adhering to the proper diet, hope for complete healing is impossible.
Gastritis requires close attention and timely treatment. Inattention to one's own health can lead to sad consequences, such as a stomach ulcer and even cancer.
At the first appearance of heartburn, it is necessary to conduct a full examination of the stomach to detect gastritis, such actions will help identify the disease in time and easily cure it in its early stages.
How to cure?
In the case of constantly occurring unpleasant symptoms of heartburn, especially after eating, you need to take action. However, self-treatment is strictly prohibited, as it can aggravate the patient's condition and cause complications.
In the treatment of gastritis and heartburn, it is important to follow the recommendations for proper nutrition: do not pass or eat foods that irritate the organs of the digestive tract, prepare food correctly.
Principles of diet for gastritis:
- eat in small portions, slowly chewing food. Long intervals between meals, more than five hours are unacceptable. The food should not be too hot and not too cold,
- The last meal no later than 2-3 hours before bedtime,
- Do not forget to drink plain clean water during the day (at least two liters per day).
After eating, it is advisable to rest without taking up physical work. To take a horizontal position of the body can not, because it provokes heartburn.
In the event that a person needs to take drugs, a side effect of which is an increase in the acidity of the stomach, these medicines should be taken with milk or taken with food.
The list of foods preferred for those suffering from chronic gastritis:
- low-fat dairy products
- lean meat (veal, turkey, rabbit),
- whole grains and whole grain bread
- vegetables, except pepper, tomatoes,
- weak tea, still mineral water.
Foods excluded from heartburn and gastritis:
- coffee, strong tea,
- spicy, fatty foods
- tomatoes, citrus, garlic, pepper,
- concentrated juice.
Method of cooking with diet:
Heartburn is treated in a complex, with the elimination of the cause of the disease. The following drugs are used:
- Painkillers for severe burning pain in the stomach Prescribed or antispasmodics, or holinoblokatory ("No-Spa", "Drotaverin", "Gastrotsepin").
- Envelopes (“Smekta”),
- Regenerating drugs for the treatment of damaged gastric mucosa ("Solcoseryl", "Gastrofarm", "Kaleflon")
- Enzymes for the improvement of digestion, because in a sore stomach they are not enough for splitting food "Festal", "Mezim", "Panzinorm", "Pancreatin", "Digestal".
- In case gastritis is accompanied by constipation, laxatives are used (Dufallac, Gutalax).
- Antibiotics in establishing the fact of infection with Helicobacterium ("Amoxicillin", "Clarithromycin"). To restore the microflora on the background of antibiotic therapy are appointed, for example, "Linex", "Hilak Forte".
- Blistering and flatulence eliminate drugs with the active substance "Simethicone", helps dill water.
- If the patient suffers from stress, the nervous system is unstable, sedatives can be prescribed (Persen, Novopassit).
All drugs aimed at eliminating the symptoms of heartburn are divided into antacids (Renny, Almagel, Fosfalyugel, Maalox) and alginates (Gaviscon, Laminal).
The choice of treatment method remains for the attending physician. It is he who prescribes the specific medicine and dosage.
Antacids neutralize the action of the acid due to the content in the composition of magnesium and aluminum. Antacids work only to relieve symptoms, and not to prevent pyrosis. These funds have some disadvantages:
- The use of these drugs often leads to constipation, indigestion.
- The action time is short, several hours
- There is no guarantee that a heartburn attack will not happen again.
- There are contraindications, including pregnancy, child age.
- Long, uncontrolled intake of these drugs violates the metabolism.
There is an additional group of drugs for heartburn - antisecretory drugs ("Omeprazole", "Ranitidine"). Affecting the secretion of acid cells. Thus, taking medication reduces the amount of acid in the stomach. It is necessary to take these medicines strictly according to the prescription of the gastroenterologist.
The advantages of this group of drugs:
- long interval of action (up to eight hours),
- adverse symptoms are very rare
- prevent new manifestations of heartburn,
- There is a suspension for children age.
The disadvantages include:
- can not be taken during pregnancy and lactation,
- affect the action of other drugs.
Before you buy any medicine for heartburn, you should visit a doctor to determine the causes of the symptom and the purpose of treatment.
Many drugs have contraindications, for example, a ban on taking by pregnant women.
You can not drink medicine for heartburn for more than two weeks, due to the presence of components that have an effect on water-salt metabolism in the body.