Foods that cause constipation should be excluded from the diet of patients who have problems with regular bowel movements. Such products include “irregular” food: canned foods, convenience foods, fast food, and high-calorie foods that do not contain dietary fiber.
Irregular bowel movement brings a lot of discomfort and trouble. Sometimes we don’t immediately remember that we haven’t been walking “big” for a long time. Understanding the problem comes with time, when a bunch of unpleasant symptoms of chronic constipation blooms in all its glory.
What foods cause constipation in adults?
Since this problem is of concern to many, it is necessary to dwell on it in more detail. Just knowing what kind of food you cannot eat with a tendency to disrupt the activity of the intestine due to the slowing down of peristalsis will help avoid a delicate problem. So what foods that all people used to see in their diets are so insidious that they slow down intestinal motility than can cause prolonged constipation? More attention to people who have a tendency to this problem, should be on such foods as:
- All dairy, including cottage cheese and kefir. Surprisingly, they should not be given with frequent stool delays. The point here is that large amounts of dairy products contain casein and there is no fiber. Their frequent use is fraught with a slowdown in intestinal motility, and therefore persistent constipation occurs,
- Contribute to a prolonged absence of the urge to defecate can and the use of meat fatty varieties. This is especially true for pork. But not only it is dangerous in this situation. Any meat products can cause long-lasting and persistent constipation in an adult if consumed in large quantities and with a side dish of pasta or rice. In the event that a person does not represent lunch or dinner without meat, it should be given in a small amount and only in boiled or baked form. It is also necessary to pay attention to the fact that the dish contains a sufficient amount of vegetable garnish,
- Cause constipation, oddly enough, and some berries and fruits. An adult, who often disrupts the intestinal function, should refuse both products containing blueberries, lingonberries, bananas, dogwoods and pears, as well as using them fresh, because they contribute to the consolidation of the chair,
- There may also be constipation from sweet. These foods cause stool delays when consumed excessively. So that sweet teeth that cannot refuse buns, sweets, cakes and biscuits containing large amounts of fats and sugars do not experience intestinal problems, they should balance their diet. To do this, it is necessary to include in the diet a large amount of fresh fruits and vegetables rich in plant fiber.
Often, lovers of feast are asked whether gozinaki from sunflower can cause constipation. This product, prepared from seeds and sugar glaze, is recommended by many nutritionists, as the sunflower itself contains a large number of beneficial trace elements. This contributes to the normalization of the work of many body systems. But in the case when kozinaki are prepared with sugar, and not with honey, as in the traditional recipe, the use of this tasty and healthy product, in the opinion of many, in large quantities can be harmful, slowing down peristalsis and causing persistent constipation. Despite all the beneficial properties, they should be in limited quantities. This is especially true for adults who are prone to fullness and frequent stool delays.
Constipation after overeating
Excessive amounts of food can also cause long-term constipation. Almost everyone faced such a big post-holiday problem when, as a result of long feasts, the urge to defecate disappears and discomfort appears in the stomach. This is due to the fact that the intestines can not cope with the large amount of food that has fallen into it. As a result, the digestive organs slow down and rotting occurs. Everyone knows about this feature of the body, so to prevent its occurrence, you should prepare for it in advance.
During the feast to eat fatty and spicy foods that cause constipation, should be in small quantities and always in conjunction with vegetable salads, which are rich in vegetable fiber.
You can not while eating and constantly sit in one place. In the breaks it is recommended to move more. This will contribute to the activation of the intestines, and foods eaten in large quantities will not cause constipation.
In the same case, when the situation got out of control and the person still eaten, you can cope with the problem before it causes significant harm to the body and disrupts the quality of life. It is enough to let the dried apricots and figs steamed in boiling water to eat to the victim, and, most importantly, to drink their broth. This manipulation will help to cope with the problem and the constipation caused by the use of a large number of products will quickly stop.
It's time to "think"
Normal emptying is considered a productive visit to the toilet from three times a day to once every two days. Deviation in a big way can be regarded as diarrhea (diarrhea), to a lesser extent - as constipation. Causes of constipation can be different, but most often we are talking about nutritional constipation, caused by a violation of diet and irrational food composition. An unbalanced diet, namely a lack of fiber and an excess of foods that cause a decrease in motility, sooner or later leads to disruption of regular emptying.
Having a problem like constipation, you should not solve it only with laxatives. First you should think about and analyze the possible causes of its occurrence.
What we eat, when we eat and how much we drink liquids - if you consistently answer these questions, you may find that eating a dry meal and drinking liquid less than one liter a day necessarily lead to constipation. As for food, they need to be divided into:
- Fastening - causing constipation.
- Stimulating peristalsis - promote emptying.
Having problems with defecation, you should clearly know which foods cause constipation. The speed of moving them along the digestive tract is different. There is a “light” food that can be quickly digested in a short period, its residues are actively removed in a short period. Less energy is spent on the absorption of “light” products by the body.
The so-called "heavy" products - meat, lard, sausage, eggs, potatoes, white bread, pastries, rice - are processed much longer. For example, it takes eight hours to fully digest meat, and a maximum of four hours for vegetables and fruits.
In addition, starchy and protein foods that do not have dietary fiber, during processing, form dense fecal masses that do not contribute to peristalsis and are difficult to move along the intestines. Will aggravate the problem and the wrong diet. Dry bread and butter a daytime and a good supper before bedtime will disturb the rhythmic functioning of the digestive system, in particular, timely defecation
We list fixing products that cause constipation:
- Rice is a tasty and healthy product containing carbohydrates, proteins, amino acids, vitamins and minerals. A remarkable property is the content of lecithin in rice and the absence of gluten (allergenic protein). 50% of the rice consists of easily digestible starch. This cereal contains very little sodium, which retains moisture in the body. Known for fixing properties of rice, rice water is an effective remedy for diarrhea. If you are prone to constipation, adults should exclude rice dishes from their diet.
- White bread - made from fine flour, devoid of fiber. Baking white bread occurs at temperatures above 250 degrees. This destroys the structure of water and proteins contained in the dough, for this reason, white bread is worse absorbed.
- Potatoes - a popular and well-loved product, contains a lot of starch and little fiber.
- Meat eaters should be reminded that excessive consumption of meat products can also lead to constipation. Frequent consumption of meat depletes the enzyme potential of the gastrointestinal tract and slows down the digestion process. Undigested protein residues linger in the large intestine, causing constipation and general intoxication of the body. Especially long red meat is digested, it takes about twelve hours to process it.
- Constipation in a child and adults may be due to milk. Cow's milk contains a record amount of caseinogen, a complex protein. In the stomach, it expands under the influence of enzymes and turns into casein. The latter, together with milk fat, precipitates into insoluble sediment, lingers longer in the stomach, is poorly absorbed and provokes constipation.
- Bananas contain a lot of starch, which takes a lot of time to digest. It refers to unripe fruit with green skin.
- Pomegranate juice is also a fixing product. This is explained by the presence of tanning substances in the skin of the fruit.
- Persimmon contains in its peel hard to digestible fiber and has a dangerous property to form bazoars (pebbles in the intestine). Therefore, in chronic constipation in adults persimmon is desirable to exclude from the diet.
- Popcorn contains almost no digestible shell of corn kernels. Uncontrolled consumption of this product is dangerous for the child and an adult with intestinal pain and impaired emptying.
Anchoring products are contraindicated in:
- Intestinal atony.
- Peristalsis reduction.
- Syndrome "slow" bowel.
- With colon polyps.
If it is difficult to empty the baby or adults, products that cause constipation should be excluded. The regularity and consistency of the stool is completely dependent on the food you eat. Feel free to correct your usual diet and this will help you to avoid problems with defecation in the future.