During pregnancy, women often experience changes in the work of the digestive system. For example, future mothers may change taste preferences, and unexpected combinations of products will provoke nausea and eating disorders. In other situations, there is the influence of hormones: because of them the tone of the intestine decreases, which is often the cause of constipation that accompany a woman almost the entire pregnancy.
Constipation is a systematic or one-time problem with bowel movement. Such a violation in his work is manifested in the delay of the chair (at least three times a week for adults) and unpleasant consequences (bloating, heaviness, etc.). As a result, it can cause the appearance of hemorrhoids in pregnant women, disturbed intestinal microflora, inflammatory and putrefactive processes, even problems in carrying a child and premature birth.
Characteristic symptoms such as pain in the lower abdomen, mucus in the stool, poor appetite, headache, fatigue, irritability will clearly tell about the manifestations of this disease. What to do with constipation pregnant? The first step is to find out the root cause of the problem.
The main causes of constipation during pregnancy
It is important that the causes of intestinal disorders differ depending on the duration of pregnancy. So, in the early stages, some causes are more common, and in the later ones - others. However, the remedy for constipation during pregnancy also needs to be chosen for the underlying cause. Therefore, it is important to consult a doctor who will be able to make a diagnosis taking into account all the important factors.
So, globally, we can distinguish the following causes of constipation in pregnant women in the early stages:
- effect of hormones and hormonal changes. Due to the active hormonal adjustment, and especially because of the increasing amount of progesterone, there is a decrease in muscle tone of the pelvic organs. In the end, this leads to a slowdown of the digestive system, decrease intestinal motility and other consequences.
- nutritional changes. Fearing swelling, pregnant women can reduce the amount of fluid they consume and watery foods. But in this situation there is another side: a low amount of fiber and water in the body leads to constipation.
- taking certain medications. For the normal development of the fetus, a gynecologist may prescribe a drug to pregnant women that contain calcium and iron. But these substances have a fixing effect, so problems with defecation are likely.
If we talk about constipation during pregnancy in the early stages, then it is worth mentioning the effect of physical activity. A sedentary lifestyle contributes to stagnation of blood and slow metabolism, and therefore problems with defecation can also be.
Constipation during late pregnancy often occurs for the following reasons:
- emotional turmoil. When the day of childbirth approaches, expectant mothers begin to get more worried. That experiences and excitement can lead to a delay in the chair.
- fetal repositioning. When in the last weeks of pregnancy the baby’s head sinks and presses against the intestines, constipation is also likely.
- decrease in physical activity. The course of pregnancy in the last stages, pain in the spine and other discomfort often force a woman to reduce her physical activity. But this is not the best solution, because it also provokes problems with defecation.
Constipation in pregnant women is of several types. Its atonic form is associated with a decrease in the tone of the muscles of the intestinal walls. In this case, movement in the intestine worsens, and therefore its contents stagnates in the body. The second type is spastic constipation, which is characterized by increased muscle tone, when bowel movement slows down due to its spasms. The causes of such stagnation can be neuro-vegetative, endocrine and other diseases, poor nutrition, taking strong laxatives. Although these are different types of constipation, but treatment is common to them.
After identifying the cause of constipation in pregnant women in early or late periods, the doctor will be able to recommend suitable treatment methods. Often it will be limited to standard recommendations and drugs of careful action, but each case is individual.
How to get rid of constipation during pregnancy
A cure for constipation during pregnancy is not a whim, but a necessary remedy if the expectant mother is plagued by problems with defecation. The fact is that this seemingly banal symptom can negatively affect the health of the mother and child. Here are the main dangers of constipation during pregnancy:
- the delay of toxic substances in the body, which remain after the collapse of food,
- pain and discomfort
- increased tension of the abdominal muscles, which can lead to miscarriage,
- probable development of other diseases (eg, hemorrhoids, rectal inflammation, anal fissures, colitis).
It turns out that a serious illness can form from an annoying problem. For this reason, you should not delay with a visit to the doctor if you have problems with the chair. In addition, pregnant women should not take all the medicines that are on the pharmacy window. They need soft methods or drugs that do not harm the development of the fetus. Therefore, it is important to choose the most gentle but effective way to get rid of constipation during pregnancy.
Diet is the best solution for constipation in pregnant women. This method of dealing with difficult bowel movements will not only relieve a lot of unpleasant symptoms, but also have a positive effect on the health of the future mother and baby. A large amount of liquid products with fiber content, a minimum of harmful foods contribute to the swelling of food in the intestines, an increase in fecal masses and, as a result, natural emptying.
When a diet and lifestyle change is not enough, the doctor may prescribe glycerin suppositories. They have a mild effect on the receptors of the rectum, without reducing the tone of the uterus.
A separate group in the treatment of folk remedies. Pregnant women often resort to them if they want to learn how to get rid of constipation during pregnancy without the use of medications. Such methods include: decoction of prunes, use of raisins, dried apricots, prunes with honey. But not all methods of traditional medicine for constipation are allowed during pregnancy, because some of them may be dangerous to the life of the fetus.
No need to decide how to deal with constipation during pregnancy. Only a doctor can prescribe a drug for constipation during pregnancy. It is dangerous to ask the advice of a pharmacist or acquaintances, because drugs can affect the development of a child and even provoke pathology. Only a qualified doctor is able to pick up the drug that will have an effective effect on constipation for pregnant women and will not harm the baby.
Preventing constipation during pregnancy
If you follow the basic preventive measures, it is possible in 9 cases out of 10 to avoid disruption of the process of defecation. So, to prevent constipation during pregnancy, you must:
- drink more fluid. The rate of an adult is 1.5 liters per day. This amount is enough for proper metabolism, but even better, 30 minutes before a meal, drink on an empty stomach in the morning with 1 glass of water at room temperature. The priority is clear water, not tea or juice.
- consume foods high in fiber. It is the natural dietary fiber in the intestine that helps to organize its work. They are found in vegetables, fruits, dried fruits (dried apricots and prunes). Ideally, it is good to use the listed products in raw form, but in case of intolerance or diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, their heat treatment is allowed.
- give up fasteners and products. Strong tea, coffee, cocoa, blueberries, semolina, chocolate, flour products - all of this has a negative effect on digestion. Many people have individual intolerance to certain products, so it is important to monitor their health and to give up what is harmful.
- be physically active. For a pregnant girl it is especially important to breathe fresh air, walk and do special exercises. In addition to improving the overall health of mothers and children, it is an excellent preventive measure against constipation during pregnancy.
Thus, it is much better to lead a healthy lifestyle than to suffer from constipation during pregnancy. Of course, these recommendations will not always prevent problems with defecation, but will help to significantly reduce the risk of such a disease.
Not all pregnant patients believe that constipation is a reason to consult a doctor. Many are trying to cope with this unpleasant symptom on their own, not assuming the danger that banal problems with the intestines may carry. Therefore, doctors strongly advise women in the position to be extremely responsible and cautious. There is nothing better than a qualified doctor and rational treatment.
Constipation during pregnancy can be very dangerous. The intestine is located in close proximity to the reproductive organs. That is why it is necessary to maintain its functioning in the norm.
So, the appearance of constipation in the period of carrying a child can lead to such complications:
- Microflora disruption. The active development of harmful microorganisms provokes infection of the genital organs, which can cause inflammation.
- Colpit. The appearance of this violation during pregnancy is dangerous in that it can provoke sepsis after childbirth and inflammation of the uterus.
- Dysbacteriosis in a child. As the child moves toward the exit, microorganisms that are in the birth canal enter it. If the intestinal flora is disturbed, the likelihood of a child’s problems is high. This is manifested in the form of colic and stool disorders.
- Putrid phenomena in the intestine. If you violate the excretion of feces there is a risk of a large amount of toxins entering the blood. This process greatly harms the child and negatively affects the woman's well-being.
- Premature labor. Severe constipation can lead to premature delivery. If a woman is very hard to suffer from constipation in late pregnancy, this causes an increase in intra-abdominal pressure. This process can provoke the outpouring of amniotic fluid and be the impetus for the onset of labor.
- Discomfort in the stomach, flatulence. Overflow of the intestine leads to an increase in the tone of the uterus, which creates a risk of miscarriage In the early stages, constipation can cause miscarriage, in later periods it leads to the birth of a premature baby.
- Hemorrhoids. The risk of developing this disease seriously increases during pregnancy. The uterus exerts pressure on the intestinal walls, which leads to impaired blood circulation. If there are constipation, the threat of the appearance of hemorrhoids increases many times.
It is important to take into account that many means in the period of carrying a child are strictly contraindicated. These include the following:
- Enemas. This is a popular tool that can be used in everyday life, during pregnancy is strictly prohibited. Enema causes the so-called explosive defecation, which can provoke uterine contraction. This method can be used exclusively in the prenatal period. Otherwise, you can have a premature baby.
- Castor or liquid petrolatum. These substances have a mild effect, but they should not be used by pregnant women. This is due to the high fat content of these products. Pregnant women and so are exposed to increased loads on the digestive organs.
- Laxative preparations based on rhubarb root, senna and buckthorn bark. All of them cause pronounced intestinal spasms. Active peristalsis and the appearance of pain can cause problems with gestation.
As for the classic laxative drugs, almost all of them are contraindicated for pregnant women. Do not use these categories of drugs:
- irritants - Gutalax, Regulax, Senade,
- filling laxatives - such as methylcellulose, cause an increase in intestinal motility,
- salt based osmotic preparations - lead to disruption of water and mineral balance.
So, how to go to the toilet during pregnancy? To do this, contact a specialist who will select a comprehensive therapy. Obligatory components of treatment are exercise and a special diet.
Of the drugs commonly used are the following:
- Duphalac and other lactulose-based agents. This syrup can be used for a long time. It contains a prebiotic that activates the growth of beneficial bacteria. The drug softens the feces, increases its volume and produces a mild laxative effect.
- Glycerin candles. This is a very popular remedy, even allowed to infants. The drug has a slight irritant effect on the rectum and softens the process of bowel movement. Components of the substance do not enter the blood and do not cause an increase in the tone of the uterus. However, they should be used carefully, as prescribed by a doctor. Sea buckthorn candles have a similar effect.
- Microlax. This pharmacy tool is produced in the form of microclysters. This substance is recommended during pregnancy. It has a quick and gentle effect. After 5-10 minutes you can get a laxative effect.
Many women are interested in whether you can get pregnant. Proctologists do not recommend this to anyone.
Moreover, it is prohibited during pregnancy. Strong attempts can lead to bleeding and loss of hemorrhoids. The longer the period of pregnancy, the more dangerous this process.
In addition to the appearance of hemorrhoids, there is a risk of miscarriage and premature birth. The fact is that the attempts increase the contraction of the uterus. They are especially dangerous in the early stages and before childbirth.
Vegetable oils are considered a good remedy for constipation.. They have a relaxing effect on the muscles of the colon, which contributes to the smooth removal of softened feces.
However, it is important to bear in mind that not all oils can be taken by pregnant women. Castor is contraindicated during this period, as it increases the activity of the muscular muscles too much.
To cope with the problem, you can use sunflower oil, olive, pumpkin seeds and flax. These products from constipation during pregnancy can be used for dressing salads or taken in the morning on a teaspoon. This should be done on an empty stomach.
Cellulose helps to establish the digestive process and perfectly relieves constipation. This substance is present in many fruits and vegetables. It also contains bran.
To adjust the process of bowel emptying, you can make various salads:
- Garlic beets. For this you need to take 2 root vegetables, 1-2 cloves of garlic and sour cream for refueling. It is also quite possible to fill the salad with vegetable oil. To prepare the salad, chop the beets with a grater, squeeze the garlic, add the dressing and mix.
- Carrot-Apple Salad. Take the same amount of carrots and apples, peel and grate. Season the salad with sugar and lemon juice.
- Cabbage salad. To make it, you need to take 1 onion, chop and marinate in lemon juice. Meanwhile, you should cut the cabbage and grate the carrots. Mix all ingredients and fill with oil.
In addition to salads, you need to eat black bread, cereal porridge, bran. All these products also contain a lot of fiber.
Care should be taken with kefir.. Only fresh drink has laxative properties - up to 5 days of storage.
An excellent remedy for constipation is prunes.. This product contains a large amount of fiber and pectin, because it has a pronounced laxative effect. On the day you need to eat up to 10 pieces of prunes.
Compote with dried fruits is very useful.. It can be made from prunes or add other ingredients - apples, dried apricots, raisins are perfect.
For 1 liter of water you need to take 100 g of dried fruit and a few spoons of sugar. Add prunes, sugar and boil to boiling water. Ready drink you need to drink 1 glass on an empty stomach.
You can also chop until smooth prunes, dried apricots and raisins. The resulting mixture is consumed in the morning on an empty stomach in the amount of 1 tablespoon.
Kiwi has an excellent laxative effect.. To adjust the process of defecation, it is enough to eat 1-2 pieces per day.
For chronic constipation, you need to give up some foods. These include the following:
- whole milk,
- polished rice,
- pure meat
- baking pies,
Effective folk recipes
Folk remedies for constipation during pregnancy should be chosen depending on the nature of the problem. If it has a spastic character, these recipes will help:
- Squeeze juice from potatoes and mix it in equal proportions with water. Take half an hour before meals. Single dose - a quarter cup.
- Take 2 tablespoons of figs, add a glass of boiling water or milk. Ready infusion to cool and take 1 tablespoon several times a day.
- Dissolve 15 g of honey in a glass of milk. The resulting drink is consumed before bedtime, dividing it in 3 steps.
- Mix in equal parts of motherwort grass, aniseed fruits, nettle, wild rose berries, strawberry leaves and valerian root. Take 1 tablespoon of the collection, add 1 cup of boiling water and leave for 1.5 hours to infuse. Gently strain and take 2 times a day for half a glass.
If constipation has an atonic character, such means will help to cope with it:
- Mix in equal parts the fruits of anise, cumin and fennel. Take a couple of teaspoons and add 250 ml of boiling water. Leave to infuse for 20 minutes. Strained solution to take a third of a glass for half an hour before meals.
- Add cherries or dried fruits from apples to brewed tea.
- Take 1 small spoonful of flax seeds, add a glass of boiling water. After 4 hours the mixture can be drunk.
- In equal parts, mix carrot juice and whey. The received means to accept on an empty stomach on a half-glass. To make the whey, you need to bring the milk to a boil, put a small piece of black bread and strain through cheesecloth.
To prevent constipation, you need to follow certain recommendations. First of all, you need to pay attention to your diet..
The menu should contain high-fiber foods. Every day you need to eat soups. At the same time products that cause constipation, you must completely eliminate.
Drinking mode plays an important role. Many women limit fluid intake for fear of edema. In fact, you need to drink enough water. At the same time, salty foods should be excluded from the diet, because it is salt that retains fluid in the body.
To prevent constipation, you need to move as much as possible.. Lack of physical activity slows digestion. Of course, during pregnancy, difficult exercises are prohibited, but walks in the fresh air will only benefit.
The appearance of constipation during pregnancy is a very common problem, which will help to cope with drugs and effective folk recipes.
Before using any product, it is worth consulting a doctor, since many products are contraindicated for pregnant women.
Causes of constipation in pregnant women
The main reason for the difficulty of bowel movement during pregnancy are natural hormonal changes. In the normal state, the body produces special substances that intensively stimulate the contraction of the internal muscles. The innervation of the intestine and uterus is one, therefore, when one organ is relaxed, a similar effect occurs in another. Such a process can provoke a miscarriage. To eliminate risk, the body is rebuilt, creating a kind of protection. A negative consequence is the occurrence of constipation.
Other factors contributing to constipation during early pregnancy are:
- progesterone and an increase in its level in the body (the substance affects the internal muscles already in the early stages of gestation),
- squeezing the intestine by the uterus (a natural process due to fetal growth),
- foods with a high iron content may cause severe and painful constipation during early pregnancy,
- stressful situations (future mothers become more susceptible to external factors),
- autoimmune processes (the body of a pregnant woman requires constant replenishment of vitamins and beneficial elements),
- low physical activity (lack of exercise for most pregnant women is a natural change)
- lack of fluid (a woman should drink at least two liters of water per day),
- internal diseases (especially hemorrhoids, anal fissures and other diseases of the anal area).
What is dangerous constipation in early pregnancy?
Difficulties in bowel emptying have a negative effect not only on the state of the woman’s body, but also on the development of the fetus. Constipation during pregnancy should be treated when the primary symptoms appear. You can eliminate discomfort in various ways. The most effective of these are the special diet, the intake of mild laxatives on a plant-based basis and the application of some recommendations of alternative medicine.
The negative effect of constipation during early pregnancy is the following factors:
- irregular microflora in the intestines in the early stages of the gestation of the fetus causes congenital abnormalities of the digestive organs in the child,
- during an attack of constipation in the colon several dozens of harmful substances accumulate that harm the development of the fetus,
- in case of constipation of a pregnant woman, she has to work intensely, which becomes not only the cause of severe pain attacks, but also leads to stressful states,
- poisonous decay products of food with an irregular bowel movement remain in the woman's body.
What helps with constipation
The range of remedies for problems with bowel movement is different variety of names and forms of release. A key factor in the choice of pharmacies to eliminate constipation is the level of safety for the body of the future mother and the developing fetus. Experts strongly recommend starting preventive measures as early as possible.
How to deal with constipation during pregnancy:
- change in diet (starting from early terms of gestation),
- compliance with the recommendations of experts
- use of folk remedies
- special candles from constipation for pregnant women,
- the use of drugs.
Healthy products for constipation
Proper nutrition can dramatically change the state of human health. When pregnancy, diet plays a special role. Any abnormalities in the body of a woman automatically have a negative effect on the fetus. Constipation during pregnancy helps to eliminate certain foods. With their help, you can not only deal with the difficulties of emptying the bowels, but also to normalize the stool or eliminate indigestion.
Products that help avoid constipation in the early stages of gestation include:
Is it possible to do an enema during pregnancy
The use of a mechanical method of getting rid of problems with bowel movements is widely used in medical practice. Enema helps to get rid of the problem instantly, but during pregnancy this method has a number of contraindications. This is due to some features of the woman's body. The procedure can provoke childbirth, so before using this method, you should contact a specialist for an explanation of the nuances.
Enema during pregnancy is prohibited in the following cases:
- identified dangerous signs of threatened abortion,
- earlier women had miscarriages
- low placentation is established,
- increased uterine tone,
- diagnosis of cervical insufficiency.
In other cases, the use of enema is permissible, but it is not recommended to decide on its use independently. If the doctor has suspicions about the presence of abnormalities in the condition of the pregnant woman, he may prohibit such procedures. Experts recommend using such remedies for constipation, such as safe glycerin suppositories or the introduction of certain foods in the diet, and enema is considered an emergency measure.
What is the safest laxative for pregnant women?
While taking any medications during the gestation period, the expectant mother should not forget about their possible negative impact on the fetus. Medications during any period of pregnancy are selected very carefully. Constipation treatment is carried out only by safe and natural remedies. Some of them receive the maximum number of positive reviews and are particularly popular with both physicians and patients.
The following drugs help to effectively eliminate constipation during pregnancy:
- Duphalac (the drug is a clear liquid, it is recommended to take 2-3 weeks to get rid of an attack of constipation),
- Senade (tablets are considered to be a laxative of plant origin)
- Microlax (special solution for rectal use, helps with an attack of constipation for about 15-20 minutes, can be used as an urgent help in case of difficulty in emptying the intestines),
- Glycerin suppositories (the drug eliminates the symptoms of constipation, but it is better to use Glycerol suppositories during pregnancy only in case of emergency).
Effective folk remedies for constipation during pregnancy
Alternative medicine offers many recipes designed to eliminate problems with bowel movements in the process of carrying a fetus. Choosing a particular method, you should pay attention to the composition of the recommendations. If among the ingredients there are products that can cause allergic rashes, then they should be abandoned.
Examples of folk remedies:
- Potato juice. Fresh tubers must be peeled, minced, grated or chopped with a blender. Using gauze, squeeze the fresh juice and mix it with water at room temperature in an exact 1: 1 ratio. The tool should be taken a quarter of an hour before meals for a quarter cup. Potato juice will not only relieve constipation, but also have a beneficial effect on the digestive system as a whole.
- Broth buckthorn. A few teaspoons of herbal mixture should be poured with a liter of boiling water and boil over medium heat for a few minutes. After cooling broth is ready to use. Drink it twice a day approximately 100g. Krushina has not only the effect of a good laxative, but also strengthens vitality.
- Juice of red rowan. To get a drink you need to take only fresh fruit. Juice should be mixed with sugar and consumed after waking up and before going to bed for a quarter of a glass. 600 grams of sugar is taken per kg of red ash. Fruits strengthen the immune system, have a stimulating effect on the digestive system.
- Castor oil. To eliminate problems with bowel movement, it is recommended to use the remedy in a three-day course of 30 g per day. Castor oil during pregnancy has the effect of a mild laxative, but it should be taken in strict accordance with the recommendations.
It is necessary to carry out preventive measures to prevent constipation during pregnancy in the early stages, at the early stages of the process of gestation. The difficulty of emptying the bowels in this period is a common and even characteristic phenomenon. When the first symptoms appear, you can eliminate the discomfort with a special diet or folk remedies, but if you experience severe pain when using the toilet, you will have to use medications.
To prevent the problem in the following ways:
- if after a morning awakening to drink a glass of water, then after a short period of time there will be a desire to natural bowel movement, which will eliminate the occurrence of constipation,
- Dried apricots and prunes during pregnancy are considered the best helpers in preventing the occurrence of difficulties in the process of natural bowel movement,
- in case of intestinal discomfort, you can eat a small piece of whole rye bread,
- at night, it is recommended to drink a glass of milk with honey,
- a woman should lead a relatively lively lifestyle,
- food should be taken in small portions, but on average 6 times a day,
- from the daily diet it is necessary to exclude products that can provoke a violation of the digestive process (pickles, smoked meats, spicy foods, fatty foods, coarse fiber).
Symptoms of constipation during pregnancy
For each person, the frequency of bowel movements is individual. Someone bowel movement occurs 2-3 times a day, and someone - after 2 days. This is considered normal. Many people suffer from constipation, but expectant mothers are much more likely to face this problem.
The main symptoms of constipation during pregnancy:
- change the frequency of bowel movements,
- a small amount of feces,
- dry and hard stool,
- presence after defecation feelings of incomplete bowel movements.
A woman in a position can show all these signs or only some of them.
Causes of constipation during pregnancy
The representatives of the beautiful half of humanity, waiting for the baby, the causes of constipation may be different. One of them - progesterone level increase in the body. This hormone has a relaxing effect on the intestinal musculature (its peristalsis is disturbed, hypotension occurs).
The cause of constipation during pregnancy in the early stages can be iron and calcium. These are beneficial trace elements needed by women in position. Doctors even sometimes specially prescribed drugs containing iron and calcium.
Pregnant women are not mobile enough lifestyle. Some people who are at risk of miscarriage are in bed rest. Exactly low physical activity may cause constipation.
During pregnancy, the expectant mother should monitor their diet. because of lack of fluid bowel movements can be slow and difficult.
Constipation during pregnancy may also occur due to diseases of the anal area. For example, an anal fissure or hemorrhoids can cause this unpleasant phenomenon.
Pregnancy is not without stress. They arise because of the physiological restructuring of the body, fear of childbirth, thoughts about the upcoming sleepless nights and other concerns. Experiences negatively affect the frequency of bowel movements.
What are dangerous constipation during pregnancy?
Women who have never before suffered slow and difficult emptying may experience this when they are carrying a child in the early period. Many of them experience constipation during late pregnancy. This unpleasant phenomenon does not pass completely. Constipation for the future mother and her unborn child are particularly dangerous.
Due to the difficulties with emptying the body of a woman, harmful substances that are formed as a result of the breakdown of food linger. They, being in the intestine, are absorbed into the blood through its walls. This can adversely affect the mother and fetus.
Constipation can cause a lot of discomfort. A woman in a position can feel heaviness in the abdomen, pain. All this can cause undesirable experiences and frustrations.
Many women are concerned about the issue of whether it is possible to hurt with constipation during pregnancy. In the period of carrying a child attempts not desirable. If a woman has to push hard and rarely, then it will not cause serious problems. Regular constipation is dangerous because tension in the abdominal muscles can cause hemorrhoids or miscarriage.
Congestion in the intestines can cause complications. For example, proctosigmoiditis (inflammation of the rectum and sigmoid colon), secondary colitis, paraproctitis (inflammation of the peri-rectal tissue), anal fissure may occur due to prolonged constipation.
Products from constipation during pregnancy
Not every woman knows what to do with constipation during pregnancy. Food plays a huge role in their treatment. A pregnant woman should include in her diet food, in the composition of which there are substances that promote bowel movement. You should also know about the food, the use of which can cause constipation.
Promote bowel movements:
- raw vegetables and fruits
- black bread,
- bread containing bran in significant quantities
- dried fruits (especially prunes),
- buckwheat, oatmeal, barley,
- meat with a large amount of connective tissue.
These products from constipation during pregnancy should be included in your menu.
Pregnant women who complain of constipation and bloating should limit their consumption or exclude from the diet food rich in dietary fiber.
Should be abandoned from dishes of spinach, sorrel, cabbage, beans, which cause increased gas formation.
If possible, you should exclude some of the dishes in a shabby form (especially the semolina and rice porridge), substances of a viscous consistency (for example, slimy soups) from your diet. Some expectant mothers do not know whether there are constipation during pregnancy from cocoa and strong black tea, and consume these drinks. In fact, they should be removed from their menu, as they only prevent bowel movement.
Pregnant woman in day should drink 1.5-2 liters of fluid. It may be simple water, juices, dairy products. It should be borne in mind that so much fluid can be consumed if there are no contraindications: heart disease or edema. More about edema during pregnancy →
Medications for constipation during pregnancy
As you know, women in the position of taking medication is undesirable, since they can adversely affect the fetus. Then how to treat constipation during pregnancy? Preparations should be prescribed only by the attending physician if there are serious indications. In no case do not need to engage in self. By your actions you can only harm yourself and the unborn baby.
Almost all pills for constipation during pregnancy are contraindicated. Substances that make up most drugs irritate the receptors of the colon. This contributes to the strengthening of its peristalsis. In pregnant women, medications can cause a rise in the tone of the uterus and its contraction, and the result may be a miscarriage. More about the tone of the uterus →
Doctors may prescribe glycerin candles from constipation during pregnancy. They mildly irritate the receptors of the rectum and do not affect the uterine tone.
Thus, the use of drugs is unsafe during pregnancy. Drugs can cause miscarriage, abnormalities in the development of the fetus. An expectant mother who dreams of a healthy baby should not take medicine without a doctor's prescription. Only a specialist can determine whether it is necessary to treat constipation during pregnancy with drugs or you can do without them.
Folk remedies for constipation during pregnancy
A good and safe remedy for constipation - decoction of prunes. To prepare it, you need to take 100 g of washed dried fruit, 100 g of oatmeal flakes and 100 g of beet. Mix all these ingredients, immerse them in a saucepan and pour 2 liters of water. Prunes, oat flakes and beets simmer for an hour. After this, strain the broth and put the fridge. Before bedtime you should drink 1 glass.
It also helps against constipation during pregnancy. prunes, dried apricots and raisins with honey. For the preparation of this mixture will need dried fruits (100 g each) and 2 tbsp. l honey Prune, dried apricots and raisins thoroughly washed and mince. After that add honey and mix thoroughly. This tool is recommended to use before bedtime for 2 tsp., Drinking it down with warm water.
It is worth noting that some folk remedies for constipation during pregnancy are prohibited (for example, senna leaves, rhubarb, buckthorn bark, fruits of Zhoster).
Where does constipation come from during pregnancy?
Timely identification of the causes will help defeat constipation during pregnancy immediately after the onset of the problem. However, you should be aware that these very reasons may differ significantly on different dates. For example, in the first trimester, difficulties in going to the toilet can cause:
- a sharp decrease in physical activity associated with the need for bed rest due to the high risk of miscarriage,
- increased concentration of progesterone in the body, which causes atonic constipation during pregnancy. Progesterone relaxes the intestinal muscles, which leads to difficulties excretion of feces,
- taking vitamin complexes and foods that contain large amounts of potassium and iron. These trace elements are very useful for women during pregnancy, but they complicate the process of defecation.
From the fourth month of pregnancy new ones are added to the above problems. They are mainly associated with fetal growth. It leads to a displacement of internal organs and increased pressure on them. At the same time all existing problems with the digestive tract and intestines float to the surface. If in the normal state they may not manifest themselves in any way, then under pressure they create serious trouble.
Another reason why constipation occurs during pregnancy in the second and third trimesters is the lack of water. When strong edema occurs, its quantity is severely limited, which leads to problems in the work of the digestive system.
Toxicosis, provoking long breaks between meals, overeating, and non-compliance with the diet also lead to negative consequences. But in this case it is difficult to fight pathology, it is necessary to wait until the body gets used to the changes taking place in it.
Constipation during pregnancy can provoke psychological stress. Its reasons are the restructuring of the organism, the fear of future genera, and any problems in the family. Regardless of what these experiences arise, it is better to protect the expectant mother from them, since stress negatively affects the development of the fetus. Complete calm and positive emotions - these are the main ways to protect against any diseases.
Problems that Constipation Causes During Pregnancy
Recognizing constipation during pregnancy in the early stages or at 2-3 trimester is not so difficult. On the occurrence of the disease indicate not only problems with going to the toilet, but the following symptoms:
- pain in the abdomen,
- constant nausea
- decrease in working capacity, deterioration of mood, slackness, apathetic attitude to everything that happens around,
- loss of appetite. With this symptom, the expectant mother needs to fight first, as for the normal development of the fetus you need to eat well,
- the appearance of pain in the anus, the appearance of quite painful cracks. Constipation during pregnancy can occur precisely because of these problems.
Also common are false urge to have a bowel movement and a feeling of fullness in the intestines. All this negatively affects the condition of the pregnant woman and is transmitted to the unborn baby, so it is not worthwhile to pull with treatment.
Drug treatment of constipation: be extremely careful
How to get rid of constipation during pregnancy? The main rule is not to self-medicate. Some drugs for expectant mothers are generally prohibited, as they can lead to the most unpredictable consequences. For example, medications such as senadexin or other tablets based on Senna leaves can cause an abortion.
It is best to consult a doctor who will prescribe one of the safe drugs listed below to help eliminate constipation during pregnancy:
- syrup Duphalac. It has a very delicate effect on the body, softens the feces and contributes to their gentle elimination from the body. The presence of prebiotic makes it possible to simultaneously restore the normal microflora, to eliminate the occurrence of problems in the future,
- Microlax Another delicate remedy for constipation during pregnancy, which is used for so-called microclysters. Its main advantage is a high impact speed. The required laxative effect appears after 10-12 minutes,
- Glycerin candles. Absolutely safe remedy for constipation during pregnancy, which gives an excellent effect. Its components do not penetrate into the blood and do not create a risk to the health of the future baby.
Despite the fact that these drugs are safe, treatment of constipation during pregnancy with their use can be performed only after consulting a doctor. Only he will be able to choose a medicine suitable for the characteristics of the body.
Folk remedies: use the gifts of nature
You should consult with your doctor before using any natural recipes. Many of them can do without medicines and alleviate the condition of the future mother. As an example, we give:
- decoction of oatmeal, which are mixed with finely chopped beets and prunes,
- raisins and dried apricots. 100 grams of each ingredient must be crushed and mixed with honey. Take two teaspoons at night,
- herbal remedies They will help if the constipation is accompanied by cramps.
Without fear, you can take a remedy for constipation during pregnancy, which is used by all, regardless of age and sex - warm water with honey. It softens the intestines, acts gently and delicately, but the effect should be expected only after a few hours.
Can you avoid constipation during pregnancy: preventive methods
Constipation during pregnancy can be successfully prevented if preventive measures are taken. The most effective of these is dieting. Nutrition must fully meet the needs of the body, to ensure its protection against a variety of diseases.
It is best to switch to fractional power. That is, take food in relatively small portions several times a day. With this approach, constipation during pregnancy occurs very rarely and goes without serious consequences. In addition, you need to follow these recommendations:
- It is desirable to completely remove from the diet of coffee and strong black tea, pastries and white bread, bananas, other products that “fasten” the stomach, lead to the formation of gases and cause constipation during pregnancy,
- no fat and fried, too salty and spicy. However, this requirement helps to prevent not only constipation during pregnancy, but also many other diseases,
- all meals that contain a large amount of protein, you need to eat in the morning, so they have time to digest,
- for dinner it is recommended to eat kefir or other dairy products, as well as vegetables and fruits. All the rest is heavy food, which is best left for the first half of the day,
- It is very important to drink as much liquid as possible. Minimum - one and a half liters per day. In the morning you can drink a glass of warm water with lemon juice, which prevents constipation during pregnancy,
The menu can also include dried fruits, vegetable oils. Under the full or partial ban for a pregnant woman, any pasta, fatty meat and any fats of animal origin, rice and semolina. In addition, it is very undesirable to use preserves and canned foods, which use spices, marinades, any chocolate products. It is difficult to follow such a diet, but it will help prevent or eliminate constipation during pregnancy, as well as have a beneficial effect on the development of the fetus.
In order not to experience hunger while maintaining a diet, you can use fiber, which is sold in every pharmacy. We recommend to mix it with kefir or other dairy products - this allows you to make any snack more nutritious and healthy.
To avoid constipation during pregnancy, you need to move as much as possible. Walking, camping or relaxing by the pool, light morning exercises and evening exercises will improve digestion. But before regular walks, it would not hurt to consult with a doctor in order not to risk the health of the future baby. You can massage, but avoid strong pressure on the stomach and intestines. The following gymnastics helps a lot:
- smooth squats. In later periods, it is better to hold the chair to reduce the load on the body,
- exercises from the prone position - "bike" and "scissors",
- tension and relaxation of the sphincter,
- raises the pelvis from the supine position.
Each of the exercises must be performed at least 10 times.
Summing up, you can list several basic preventive measures that prevent constipation during pregnancy:
- a diet compiled with the participation of a qualified specialist
- physical activity within the limits set for pregnant women,
- regular use of liquid - simple water, decoctions and compotes of dried fruit, fruit drinks, herbal tea,
- only positive emotions. Constipation during pregnancy can cause nervous stress and depression, arising for a variety of reasons. Therefore, it is best to exclude these reasons in advance, if there is such an opportunity.
The negative effects of constipation during pregnancy
Constipation during pregnancy can and should be treated. It is impossible to simply ignore the problem in no case, since its consequences can be most unpleasant:
- worsening of general condition, nausea, migraine,
- poisoning fecal masses that are slowly eliminated from the body,
- gall bladder problems
- increasing the tone of the uterus,
- inflammation of the rectum and other bowel diseases,
- deterioration of the skin. Peeling of the skin, flabbiness - these are not too pleasant problems, which are caused by constipation during pregnancy,
- negative impact on the growth and development of the fetus.
In addition, medication laxatives designed to cure constipation during pregnancy can create a serious risk of abortion, so it is very important not to bring the situation to their use. It is better to use preventive and traditional treatment methods that will not cause any harm to the future baby.
What is the cause of constipation in pregnant women
Constipation during pregnancy is associated with uterine prolapse, a change in the position of the position (displacement) of the intestine. Among the circumstances that cause constipation during pregnancy, the psychological nature - the fear of harming the child with prolonged complicated bowel movement. In addition, non-compliance with proper diet and junk food also leads to this problem. Constipation in pregnant women are divided into two types: alimentary and mechanical.
Conditions for the occurrence of alimentary constipation can be:
- a sudden intraintestinal decrease in the amount of water
- reducing the amount of food and fluid in the body,
- Foods that are prevalent in the menu include insufficient fiber.
Causes for mechanical constipation can be:
- Mechanical constipation occurs because of a violation or cessation of stool movement in the small or large intestine.
- Often, the structure of feces and its passage are affected by various diseases (renal failure, diabetes, hemorrhoids) and taking certain medications.
Causes of constipation in various periods of pregnancy
Constipation in pregnant women is triggered by many factors. This is a restructuring of the general hormonal background, an increase in the size of the uterus and a functional shift of the intestine due to fetal pressure. Often, the reason for the delay in the stool is a purely psychological reason, when an interesting woman is afraid of strong exertion during defecation in order not to cause harm to her child. In addition, concern about the possible occurrence of hemorrhoids interferes with normal emptying.
Constipation during early pregnancy is provoked by such reasons:
- consequences of systemic diseases
- lowering the secretion of the stomach and reducing its evacuation capacity,
- enhanced progesterone production by the body, which reduces the intensity of intestinal motility.
Constipation during pregnancy in 2 and 3 trimesters occur for a number of such reasons:
- Transformations occurring at the hormonal level and enhanced production of progesterone by the body, contributing to a decrease in the muscle tone of the intestinal tract, which causes its hypotension.
- The lack of an everyday menu of hard fiber contained in vegetables, fruits and grains. This also includes changes in taste preferences, in which, for example, greens or other necessary foodstuffs seem to the lady to be tasteless or, in general, unpleasant in taste.
- Insufficient use of water due to the fear of possible swelling of the legs.
- Emotional overstrain, which during pregnancy is experienced by almost all women, it contributes to a decrease in intestinal motility. Fear of the upcoming birth and changes at the psycho-emotional level are a prerequisite for the occurrence of constipation neurogenic etiology.
- Lack of physical activity, especially in the 3rd trimester of pregnancy, and with the threat of miscarriage, sometimes a woman has to comply with forced bed rest - leads to intestinal atony.
- Acceptance of certain vitamins and microelements, which are sometimes recommended for pregnant women, is quite capable of provoking a decrease in peristalsis of the large intestine.
- A significant increase in the size of the uterus in the later periods and a change in the location of any intestinal loop can dull the sensation of the urge to defecate.
- Increased manifestations of chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, if they were observed before pregnancy.
The main signs of constipation during pregnancy
- the inability to properly empty more than 3 days,
- reducing the number of bowel movements
- abdominal pain,
- irritation in the anus,
- burning sensation in the rectum,
- feces are steep and almost stony,
- blood impurities in feces,
- a very small proportion of excreted feces,
- the bowels are not fully emptied
- bitterness and nausea,
- rumbling in the abdomen and flatulence.
How to treat constipation during pregnancy
The side effects of almost all medications, their ability to penetrate the placental barrier, discomfort in well-being are the reasons that make it impossible to apply most traditional methods of healing. Consider some of the most innocuous cures for constipation, both with traditional medicine and with home remedies.
What can pregnant women from constipation: drugs
The effects on the body of almost all means of facilitating defecation, are to improve the intestinal motility. Treatment of constipation during pregnancy with laxatives is used if the adjustment of nutrition and lifestyle has not yielded the desired effect. Taking into account that most pharmaceutical products are characterized by serious side effects, it is only the doctor who is obliged to prescribe them to the expectant mother and only after relating the benefits of their use and the likely danger to the unborn child.
Constipation in pregnant women can be treated with these drugs:
- Rectal suppositories with glycerol - stimulate the rectum and do not affect the uterus hypertonus.
- Duphalac, Prelaks - contain substances based on lactulose, retain water in the intestinal tract, which helps to soften the fecal mass, activates motility and evacuation function of the intestine.
- Microclysters (Mikrolaks) - the drug is characterized by the rapid onset of the result.
- Vaseline oil - assists in softening the intestinal contents and lung excretion.
Should I consult a doctor
Constipation during pregnancy is not something that should be treated lightly. Harmful substances that form during constipation in the large intestine can cause severe harm to the child and the well-being of the pregnant woman. The frequent effects of constipation can, in turn, provoke hypertonicity of the uterus, which can lead to miscarriage.
Constipation in pregnant women can lead to abnormalities of the intestinal microflora, and contribute to the increased proliferation of bacteria. As a result of long-term constipation, pathogenic bacteria freely enter the urinary system from the intestines. After some time, they will be able to subject the genitals to infection, and also to become the root cause of colpitis.
In addition, constipation during pregnancy in the first trimester aggravates the risk of purulent-septic complications in the future. For example, the possibility of postnatal endometritis or hemorrhoids increases during pregnancy, the threat of premature labor is exacerbated.
What foods should be consumed
Since the therapy of constipation begins with activities not of a medical nature, it is first of all necessary to include strict adherence to a certain diet. It is necessary to include in your everyday menu more products with a maximum content of ballast elements, for example, wheat bran. In addition, the use of kefir, prunes, dried apricots in food helps to reduce stool delays.
Rules for feeding a pregnant woman with constipation:
- The main goal for solving the problem of regular bowel movement in pregnant women is to form the right nutritional system, which she must adhere to.
- It is extremely important to choose the right diet, taking into account the type of pathology of intestinal peristalsis. It should also take into account the risk of food allergies to any products.
- Preparing meals should be steamed or baking, exclude fried foods from the diet.
- It is recommended to eat small portions, sit at the table for a meal at least 5 times a day. The interval between the next meal should be a maximum of four hours.
- From fried foods, aspic, jelly, jelly will need to refrain, as they inhibit the intestinal motility, which causes problems with the chair.
- Of course, you should diversify your daily diet with fresh vegetables and fruits.
- On the day, the body needs up to 2 liters of water - this is necessary to ensure that the food pulp copes better with its absorbent purpose. Laxative effects on the body are characterized by mineral waters with medium or high mineralization, water with magnesium ions and sulphates. Table mineral water should be slightly warm, the option of its use - from 2 to 3 times a day for 0.5 cups.
Foods that need to be removed from their diet or reduce their consumption, as they provoke the appearance of flatulence:
- dishes with legumes, cabbage, spinach and sorrel,
- apple and grape juices,
- vegetables, including essential oils - is radish, onion, radish, garlic,
- chocolate sweets
- short pastry, white bread made from high-grade flour, pasta,
- rich meat broths, mushrooms, fatty meats, spicy dishes with a high content of various seasonings and spices, walnuts, hard cheeses and smoked meats and canned foods are excluded.
And some more information.
Constipation during pregnancy is quite possible to prevent by performing light and simple appointments of specialists-gastroenterologists:
- It is necessary to take healthy portions in small portions and take fractional food, not to limit oneself to drinking water in its various forms. The menu must include food products that have a laxative effect on the intestinal tract.
- If there are no contraindications, then a pregnant woman is undoubtedly important for the normal functioning of the whole body, feasible physical activity. Recommended walks, swimming in the summer in the open pond, and in the winter in the pool, special physical training for pregnant women will undoubtedly help the expectant mother to improve the work of her intestines. After all, the movement stimulates the intestinal peristalsis, but before starting such mobile exercises, designed specifically for pregnant women, it is necessary to consult a gynecologist.
- Uncontrolled use of medications can only alleviate the condition of a woman for the first time, but will not remove the root cause of the disease, therefore self-treatment is dangerous in itself, and especially for the expectant mother.
- So, for the healthy work of the intestinal tract, changes in the diet, feasible physical activity and the normalization of the emotional state of a woman are needed.
- What is constipation?
- Why does it occur?
- What is dangerous during pregnancy?
- How does it affect the fetus?
- How to get rid of constipation during pregnancy?
- What can be pregnant with constipation?
- Diet and food
- Folk remedies for treatment
What is constipation in pregnant women?
According to statistics, true constipation during pregnancy occurs in 11-38% of cases. According to other authors up to 60%. According to the self-assessment of future mothers, stool disorders are much more common.
If the act of defecation is done 1 time in 3 days - this is not constipation, but a physiological reaction to pregnancy. To make the right decision in relation to the difficulty of the act of defecation, you need to contact the doctor and find out whether to treat or not to treat what you call constipation.
The diagnostic criteria for constipation are as follows:
- the chair is fragmented, dry and rough,
- sensation of obstruction during bowel movements,
- the need for manual techniques to evacuate the chair,
- less than 3 bowel movements per week with the release of a small amount of stool (up to 35 g per day).
A pathological condition is considered to be when 2 or more symptoms occur in 25% of bowel movements.
Why does constipation occur during pregnancy?
There are several reasons why the intestine during pregnancy refuses to work as usual. The first of them is the most significant, the rest occur when external factors influence.
Causes of constipation during pregnancy:
- Hormonal. The most important hubbub of the first trimester of pregnancy is progesterone. And all that a woman experiences in early pregnancy: depression or increase in appetite, weakness, drowsiness, flushing is a progesterone effect. Including progesterone affects the smooth muscle cells of the uterus. He relaxes them to keep the pregnancy and the fertilized egg was able to stay in the uterus.
Similarly, progesterone affects the intestinal smooth muscle cells. Thus, it slows down motility - evacuation of intestinal contents, peristaltic waves (undulating movements) become weak and rare. Thus, the passage of fecal masses is disturbed, which should lead to a normal stool in all people. Constipation can be the first sign of pregnancy along with frequent urination.
- Mechanical. In the second and third trimesters, the growing uterus squeezes the internal organs, including the large intestine loops, thereby disrupting the evacuation of the feces.
- Pregnant women often develop gastritis and heartburn in the early stages. Antacids and omeprazole, prescribed to women with these symptoms, contribute to the development of constipation.
- Pregnant women also develop anemia, and they take iron supplements. Iron supplements cause constipation.
What is dangerous constipation during pregnancy?
First of all, the quality of life of pregnant women worsens, in the second and third trimesters the likelihood of hemorrhoids develops (therefore, it is impossible to push).
Constipation during pregnancy is a risk factor:
- violations of the biocenosis of the vaginal environment,
- development of intestinal dysbiosis,
- increases the risk of infection in the ascending path during childbirth (introduction of pathological flora into the birth canal),
- untimely rupture of amniotic fluid,
- development of purulent-septic complications after childbirth.
What is dangerous constipation during pregnancy for a child?
It turns out that a violation of the usual mode of bowel emptying does not have a critically negative impact on the baby. It used to be thought that constipation during pregnancy causes fetal intoxication. But studies have been conducted that refute this hypothesis. Toxic substances for constipation, of course, are absorbed from the large intestine, but during pregnancy the kidneys work more actively and remove toxic substances more quickly.
At the beginning of pregnancy, women often have to go to the bathroom. There is still no mechanical pressure of the enlarged uterus and fetus on the kidneys and bladder, but the activity of visiting the toilet increases dramatically. Already by the 8th week of pregnancy, the kidneys are filtered 1.5 times faster. In the third trimester, the situation is similar - the kidneys work very actively so that the child does not get poisonous substances.
Constipation during pregnancy: what to do
During pregnancy, constipation is mainly regulated by diet. Recommendations in this case, as with nutrition for a healthy lifestyle. The menu should be rich in vegetable proteins, fats and fiber. Fruits and vegetables are essential companions of the diet of pregnant women. The maximum excluded transgenic and refined fats, sandwiches, sandwiches, fast food, sausages, fried foods, sushi, pizza, baking.
Be sure to leave the white bread, replace it with grain, rye bread with bran. An excellent remedy for constipation - salads containing beets, bran, prunes. Do not forget that in order to go to the toilet, you need something to eat.If a woman allowed herself a fasting day, then in principle, the fecal masses will not be formed, this also applies to nutrition, in which there are no dietary fibers.
Treatment of constipation during pregnancy
The purpose of taking medications for constipation in pregnant women is the normalization of stool consistency, and not the achievement of daily bowel movements. This needs to be remembered and understood. Reception of laxatives should be auxiliary and episodic. Sea buckthorn, glycerin suppositories for pregnant women with constipation can be used as prescribed by a physician, since any laxatives (tablets, powders, teas, microclysters) can trigger an increase in motility, not only of the smooth muscles of the intestine, but also of the uterus.
For planned therapy, lactulose-based drugs, such as Duphalac, can be prescribed. Its effect is based on probiotic action. Syrup increases the formation of lactic acid by lactic acid bacteria that live in the intestines. Acid accelerates peristalsis and promotes emptying. With dysbiosis against the background of the drug may cause bloating in the first three days. Flatulence passes away on its own, and the chair does not appear immediately. In order for the drug to take a few days. If the drug causes bloating for more than 2-3 days, then it must be abandoned.
The drug Forlax can be used only as prescribed by a doctor and strictly follow the recommendations set out in the instructions. Its molecules form strong compounds with water and retain fluid in the intestinal lumen, thereby increasing the volume of fecal masses. Stool pressure provides peristalsis and emptying. Drug molecules are taken from the intestinal lumen for binding, therefore drinking mode is extremely important if constipation is prescribed with this drug.
Dietary recommendations for constipation in pregnant women with heartburn
- In the morning you need to have breakfast.
As soon as the body “wakes up” hormones are activated, which tune the body to physical activity. When a person gets out of bed, an orthostatic reflex is triggered - the work of the internal organs, including the gastrointestinal tract, is activated. There is one more reflex: when food or water gets into the stomach, the lower parts of the gastrointestinal tract begin to work more actively.
It is desirable that these two reflexes be triggered in the morning. Therefore, breakfast can not be missed and postponed for a long time. Breakfast should contain complex carbohydrates, it is they who switch the night metabolism to the daytime and help empty the intestines.
- An increase in the size of the uterus has a squeezing effect on the stomach. Therefore, food should be taken 5-6 times a day in small portions so that the stomach does not overfill and there is no reflux of gastric contents into the esophagus.
- For the same reason, one should not bend down or take a horizontal position after eating.
- Be sure to sufficient amount of fluid (1.5-2 liters per day).
- Take tender fiber as food: boiled carrots, cauliflower, pumpkin, beets, squash, prunes soaked for the night and dried apricots.
- Remember that cottage cheese (a very important food for pregnant women) can by itself cause constipation. Therefore, it should be eaten with fillers: baked or boiled pumpkin, soaked with prunes, dried apricots, shabby apple and carrot. So you get the necessary calcium and reduce to "no" its ability to inhibit the work of the intestine.
- Exclude from the food products that increase gas formation. The first enemy of a pregnant woman with constipation is sparkling water and sweet carbonated drinks. Legumes, grape and apple juice, vegetables with a high content of essential oils - radishes, radishes, garlic, onions cause flatulence.
- Caffeine-containing products are contraindicated: coffee, tea, chocolate. Not only do they slow down peristalsis, they also cause heartburn.
Folk remedies for constipation during pregnancy
The best folk remedy for constipation during pregnancy is boiled beets. From it you can make a simple and low-calorie salad.
Recipe: Two beets the size of a fist to boil, cool and peel. To rub on a fine grater, add finely chopped dill or parsley, a little onion (if you wish), two tablespoons of one-day kefir or yogurt, cooked on your own from the starter. You can lightly salt and add chopped nuts, steamed prunes to taste. Stir and all the salad is ready!
Another popular recipe. A handful of dried plums or prunes (not smoked) at night, pour hot boiled water (0.5 liters). In the morning on an empty stomach to drink the liquid that formed after infusion. And the fruits themselves can be eaten after breakfast or add to the cottage cheese.
An excellent laxative against constipation for pregnant women is the dry residue after cooking carrot fresh. In the cake, you can add steamed dried apricots, form balls - candy are obtained.
You can eat this delicacy during the day. Carrot cake can be successfully used to make curd casseroles. The relaxing effect will be more pronounced if you add pumpkin cake. Delicious and will get rid of the feeling of overcrowded bowels at home without the use of drugs.
Do not forget about baked apples - a delicious and healthy dessert.
Remember - not all folk remedies can be pregnant. This is especially true for herbs: buckthorn, senna, rhubarb. They can not be used even with the most severe constipation.