For a modern person, busy with a thousand cases at the same time, heaviness in the stomach after eating when the stomach is inflated is not uncommon. Many factors can cause this unpleasant phenomenon. Under their influence, a situation arises that the stomach cannot cope with.
That is, the body does not have time to process all the incoming food with enzymes, it accumulates and inhibits its passage into the intestine. Hence, there is a feeling of overcrowding and heaviness in the stomach after eating. In medicine, these symptoms are called dyspepsia.
Causes of heaviness in the abdomen after eating
Bloating in the stomach, gas, heaviness in the abdomen - from time to time many people face these unpleasant symptoms. Someone has such symptoms very rarely, and someone lives with them almost all his life. However, doctors - gastroenterologists do not recommend to leave such phenomena without attention, because sometimes this may indicate a more serious disorder in the body.
Consider the most popular causes of heaviness in the stomach after eating, when the stomach is full and inflated:
- Overeating - an excess of food is harmful to the stomach, as it is not fraught with constipation and digestive disorders, including weight. After a lot of overeating, it can be hard to breathe.
- Aerophagia - a condition resulting from the fact that a person during the meal swallows too much air.
- Alcohol, smoking, lemonades, strong tea, coffee, kvass - all this irritates the gastric mucosa, which leads to severity and discomfort.
- Chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, gastritis, cholecystitis, can provoke discomfort after eating.
- Unconventional food. When food contains insufficient amounts of important vitamins and trace elements - this leads to problems of the gastric mucosa. This also contributes to the irregularity of meals, fast food, food on the go, the lack of liquid and hot food in the diet.
- Incompatibility of food, abuse of fatty, spicy, fried foods.
- Experiences and stress - all this harms our digestion. Eating under stress does not allow food to be fully digested. In this case, heaviness in the stomach can occur along with severe discomfort.
- Often the severity appears in pregnant women, especially when a large amount of plant food is included in the menu.
- Some people have a feeling of heaviness in the stomach in the morning - this indicates a too late dinner. The stomach simply does not have time to cope with the food eaten before sleep, and in a dream the processes of digestion and peristalsis slow down. As a result, a person wakes up broken, with a headache and heaviness in the stomach.
- Certain foods, dairy, mushrooms, tomatoes, eggs, beans, melons, corn.
- Disruption of the digestive process - dyspepsia, occurs almost every second inhabitant of the planet. Here, bloating, belching, fermentation of gases and even nausea are added to the severity. Dyspepsia very often appears after experiencing stress or in a state of depression.
- Medication. Acceptance of some medications causes a side effect - heaviness in the stomach area.
- The cause of the unpleasant manifestation may be an infectious disease.
- Intestinal dysbiosis.
- Parasitic invasions.
If the severity after eating becomes a permanent phenomenon, it may be symptoms of gastritis or cholecystitis. In this case, the feeling of heaviness is accompanied by nausea, bloating, heartburn. Alarming signals should also be a decrease in appetite, excessive gas formation, attacks of pain.They talk about dyspepsia or digestive disorders.
Since the symptom of severity in the abdomen occurs in a variety of diseases, patients who have it should definitely be examined. Therefore, it is better to seem a good specialist. He detailed questioning, medical examination, analysis of medical records will be able to determine what kind of examination should be performed for a particular patient.
Depending on the availability of evidence, a patient may be prescribed:
- Fibroesophagogastroduodenoscopy is an endoscopic examination of the digestive organs that has been most frequently performed recently.
- Gastrochrome gastroscopy - a technique that allows for the analysis of specifying the level of acid-forming activity of gastric secretions.
- Morphological study - testing takes place using a microscope.
- Cholecystography - X-ray examination of the gallbladder using a contrast agent.
- Hepatocholecystography is a radioisotope study that allows to qualitatively evaluate and record all stages of the passage of bile.
- Coprogram - a lightweight method for assessing the functioning of the digestive tract.
- Irrigoscopy - X-ray examination of the colon.
- Computed tomography and / or magnetic resonance imaging.
- Enteroscopy - assessment of the condition of the mucous membrane by the method of endoscopic examination.
- X-ray of the stomach - an x-ray study conducted using a contrast agent (barium).
- Ultrasonography, conducted with loads. Evaluates the contractile activity of the muscle tissue of the gallbladder, sphincters.
- Duodenal sounding - analysis of the state of various samples of bile, makes it possible to evaluate the work of individual sections of the gallbladder.
- Fermentation blood test for pancreatic enzymes.
- Plasma test for pepsinogen and gastrin.
- Bacoseum feces, giving an assessment of the balance of intestinal flora. Failures in the equilibrium combination lead to intestinal dysbiosis.
- An intragastric pH-metry is carried out according to Linar.
- Andovideo capsulum - a small special device equipped with a mini-video camera is inserted into the patient through the esophagus, which, in the process of advancement, takes a picture, passing through the entire digestive tract.
- Fibroilecolonoscopy - endoscopic examination of the lower region of the small and the entire large intestine.
- Immunological and molecular tests that make it possible to recognize the presence of invasive parasites in the human body.
Diseases of the digestive system only at first glance seem mundane and familiar. Sick people believe that gastritis is not worth much attention, and the severity and nausea are easily eliminated. However, one should not forget that all the preparations that eliminate the discomfort belong to the category of quick help, and are not able to solve the problem by themselves. Sometimes it takes long-term treatment and control of several specialists in order to return the work of the stomach back to normal.
How to get rid of stomach heaviness after eating
The choice of how to deal with the heaviness in the stomach after eating depends on what caused this symptom. This will require a comprehensive survey. As for the general recommendations, a well-established nutrition system and a well-thought-out diet, reducing portions and preference for easily digestible foods, regular meals will help reduce or get rid of heaviness and bloating in the stomach.
At home, try to follow these simple rules:
- You need to train yourself to start every morning with a glass of clean water at room temperature. Such an action will help "start" the gastrointestinal tract, preparing it for decent work.In this case, it is necessary to abandon the use of any liquid during the meal and for about an hour after it, in order not to burden the stomach, not to dilute the saliva and gastric juice.
- Chew food slowly and thoroughly. One of the reasons for aerophagia is that a person is eating too fast, and therefore swallows a lot of air with food. If you constantly eat in a hurry, on the go, not having time to chew food normally, this can lead not only to aerophagy, but also to a number of other problems with the digestive system.
- You should eat often (every 3-4 hours) and in small portions. People suffering from stomach weights after eating, overeating and prolonged fasting are contraindicated.
- We must try to eliminate stress, traumatic situations whenever possible. Do not sit there if you are in a nervous state. It is better to first drink a soothing decoction or herbal medicine. It does not work as an irritant and will prepare the stomach for food intake.
- It is advisable to take food at about the same time: such habits develop the need for the stomach to work intensively at certain hours. This greatly facilitates and simplifies the digestion of food in the stomach. Dinner should be no later than two hours before bedtime.
- With epigastric severity, it is desirable that all food be warm, while avoiding critical temperatures — too hot or too cold.
- It is important to abandon the use of large amounts of alcohol and other products, liquids that adversely affect the mucous membrane of the gastrointestinal tract.
- From the diet should be excluded from the use of products containing synthetic dyes, preservatives and stabilizers.
- If there are problems with excess weight, you should bring your body into shape. Unnecessary kilograms have a negative effect on the entire body.
By following these tips, you will learn to eat right and gradually get rid of problems with the digestive system. Also for the treatment of heaviness in the stomach are used simple folk remedies and massage. For example, it helps to cope with dyspepsia or other stomach problems infusion of yarrow or chamomile, which take 1/2 cup 30 minutes before a meal. Moderate exercise and dancing have a positive effect on the body as a whole, and especially on the work of the gastrointestinal tract.
Periodically, from the severity of the stomach, you can use drugs such as Mezim, Festal, Panzinorm. But do not get carried away, as the stomach can get used to the enzymes coming from outside and stop producing their own.
All diseases associated with the violation of the digestive system, require careful examination. We should not forget that drugs can relieve discomfort, while they do not eliminate the cause of the disease. To restore the work of the stomach, sometimes it may take long-term treatment under the control of a gastroenterologist.
The essence of the problem
What is heaviness in the stomach? At its core, this is a feeling of overcrowding and pressure inside the abdomen, in the epigastric region under the ribs, as well as a feeling of early satiety during the meal. This phenomenon is considered to be one of the signs of dyspepsia - a violation of the normal functioning of the stomach in terms of digestion. Usually, the severity in the stomach after eating is a dyspetic variant of dyspepsia associated with motor, suction and evacuating dysfunction.
In addition to discomfort, belching, nausea, increased gas formation, flatulence, heartburn, and a burning sensation may be included in dyspeptic symptoms. Pain may appear up the abdomen. In general, a feeling of heaviness occurs when filling the gastric cavity due to the fact that:
- the body does not have time to process the incoming food mass,
- can not properly send it to the intestines or the formation of excess decay products of food.
The causes of such anomalies are divided into functional (non-pathogenic), which act without damage to organs, and organic (pathological), associated with pathological processes.
There are several main mechanisms of gastric dyspepsia. The alimentary type is determined by the volume, regime and diet of food and drink. As a rule, such a heaviness in the stomach after eating. Such types of alimentary disorder as fermentation (with a predominance of carbohydrates and fermentation beverages: kvass, beer), putrefactive (protein foods and stale foods, especially meat products) and fatty dyspepsia are particularly prominent.
When stomach heaviness appears after eating, it can be caused by a lack of enzymes that ensure the processing of food. The etiology of the phenomenon can be associated with gastrogenic (insufficient secretion of gastric enzymes), pancreatogenic (disturbances in the pancreas), enterogenic (intestinal juice deficiency) and hepatogenic (liver dysfunction in terms of bile excretion) dyspepsia.
The severity of the stomach, nausea, heartburn and other symptoms may occur when the function of nutrient absorption in the stomach and intestines is impaired, as well as when the peristalsis is slowed down. Food is not absorbed fully or too slowly evacuated from the gastrointestinal tract, which ensures its stagnation.
Alimentary causes of the phenomenon
The most common causes of heaviness in the stomach after eating are related to nutrition, which are referred to alimentary dyspepsia. The following factors can be identified:
- excessive consumption of hard-to-absorb products,
- overeating and eating late
- frequent snacks in the interval between the main and abundant food,
- meals "on the go" and frequent use of fast-food establishments,
- failure to eat, fasting, alternating fasting with a hearty meal,
- abuse of carbonated drinks
- use of stale and spoiled products.
After eating, heaviness in the stomach and belching are often caused by foods that are slowly assimilated for various reasons: fatty, fried and spicy foods (especially fried potatoes with lard), foods with an excess of “bad” carbohydrates (flour products, sugar, cakes, sweets) , nourishing vegetables and fruits (potatoes, legumes, grapes, bananas), hard-to-digest products (hard-boiled eggs, mushrooms).
Belching, nausea and heaviness in the stomach may occur due to improper drinking regimen. So, drinking during lunch creates the following problems:
- reducing the effectiveness of gastric juice when drinking immediately after a meal,
- increase in the total amount of the food dose when drinking simultaneously with the consumption of products,
- irritation of the mucous membrane of the stomach with carbonated drinks when they are drunk during or immediately after lunch.
Given these facts, if the severity and belching are frequent guests after a meal, you should drink beverages before or after meals with an interval of 25 to 35 minutes.
Drinks have a noticeable effect on the manifestation of dyspepsia. Discomfort can occur as a result of irritation of the mucous membrane with strong coffee or tea, wine. Excessive and rash drinking of carbonated drinks, kvass, beer can provoke severity and belching with air. Even whole cow's milk for some adult organisms can become a hard-to-absorb product, which is associated with the individual characteristics of a person.
Dyspeptic symptoms, including nausea and heaviness in the stomach, may occur when overeating. With the consumption of an excessively large single portion of food, the stomach simply cannot cope with the processing, and the process is very slow. The situation is aggravated by poor chewing of food. Worse stomach and nausea are even worse if a large portion of food comes after a forced period of starvation. Complicates the digestive process and psychological environment.Strong stress can cause marked dyspepsia.
Non-food causes of dyspepsia
A feeling of heaviness in the stomach and other dyspeptic symptoms may also appear without reference to the meal time. Abdominal discomfort without pathological changes may occur on an empty stomach for the following functional reasons:
- Uncontrolled intake of a number of drugs (eg, antibiotics).
- Excessive consumption of alcohol, lemonade, Coca-Cola and other similar products, as well as smoking.
- Constantly elevated stress level leads to increased secretion of hydrochloric acid.
- Pregnancy of women: due to compression of the stomach with an enlarged uterus.
The pathological essence of the phenomenon can be suspected when there is a constant heaviness in the stomach and often manifest pain symptom, impaired stool and other dyspeptic symptoms. The digestive process begins in the oral cavity, where carbohydrate splitting starts with saliva, continues in the stomach under the action of gastric juice and ends in the duodenum, where it is exposed to bile. At the last stage, the liver, pancreas, gallbladder and small intestine take an active part in digestion. Thus, any violation of at least one of the listed organs can cause dyspepsia after eating.
It is possible to identify the most characteristic pathologies that cause heaviness in the stomach:
- Gastritis (acute or chronic). The inflammatory process that can be triggered by a violation of the secretion of hydrochloric acid, but most often - as a result of infection with Helicobacter Pylori. In addition to severity, manifested by such symptoms: nausea, vomiting, belching with an unpleasant odor, pronounced pain in the epigastric zone.
- Gastric and duodenal ulcer. The etiology is similar to gastritis, develops in the form of ulcers. When curing ulcers scarring, which narrows the lumen. This pathology is characterized by sensitive pains, heaviness in the stomach and vomiting of acidic contents.
- Stomach cancer. For a long time, there is no pain, there is pain in the stomach, nausea, rare vomiting and abnormal stools. Severe pain and frequent vomiting appear in advanced stages. The disease can be found out if the heaviness in the stomach is combined with weight loss, weakness, fatigue, pallor, a slight fever, anemia of the blood.
- Chronic pancreatitis. Pancreatic disease with impaired production of enzymes for food digestion. In addition to severity, it is characterized by bloating, nausea, vomiting, pain in the left hypochondrium, the navel area and the back below the ribs (surrounding pain), fat, mushy feces.
- Cholecystitis and cholelithiasis. They are expressed by nausea, vomiting with bile, signs of jaundice, belching with bitter composition, violation of the chair, pain in the right hypochondrium.
- Hepatitis and cirrhosis. Can cause dyspepsia symptoms. Symptoms: pain in the right hypochondrium, signs of jaundice, abnormal stool, and in case of cirrhosis - the manifestation of veins through the skin of the abdomen, increased abdominal circumference due to accumulation of fluid in the abdominal cavity.
- Gastroenteritis. Infectious lesions of the stomach and small intestine. Symptoms: nausea, severe vomiting, diarrhea and fever.
Only after a thorough examination, you can begin treatment. The volume and nature of remedial measures should be determined by the doctor after finding out the exact cause of the heaviness in the abdomen. Usually they include:
Typically, therapeutic nutrition is selected on the basis of the identified pathology. For each disease of the digestive system has its own specialized diet. For example, patients with celiac disease are prescribed an a / g table according to Pokrovsky (a gluten-free diet) with the strict exclusion of most cereals.
In addition, to eliminate the heaviness in the abdomen by pre-keeping a food diary. Scrupulous recording of all the foods eaten, the time of their use and the emergence of certain problems in health helps to establish the relationship between food and weight in the stomach. After that, it remains only to remove them from the power supply. Such a dietary method is called elimination. Sometimes it even allows you to diagnose a disease (lactase deficiency, saccharidase deficiency, celiac disease, food allergies, etc.) caused by a certain food intolerance.
Of course, the main points of application of prescribed drugs are the cause of the disease and the mechanisms of its development, and not a separate, even if very painful, symptom. However, to overcome the heaviness in the stomach, which is provoked by food, doctors most often recommend:
- replacement therapy drugs,
- regulators of the motor ability of the digestive organs (prokinetics or cholekinetics).
Drugs related to replacement therapy are intended to compensate for reduced or lost secretory function (stomach or pancreas).
With a confirmed inhibition of acid production, patients are advised to take such drugs with pepsin or hydrochloric acid, as pepsidil, abomin, acidin-pepsin, gastric juice. Treatment is supplemented with multienzyme agents (panzinorm, festal, digestal, mezim-forte, enzistal, etc.).
In the case of pancreatic exocrine insufficiency, emphasis is placed on the designation of modern powerful polyenzymes (Creon, Micrasym, Pancytrate, Hermital, etc.). They are recommended in high doses and sometimes for life.
To stimulate peristalsis and establish a coordinated motor activity of different parts of the digestive tube, doctors, as a rule, prescribe prokinetics to patients. They are metoclopramide (raglan, zirukal), itoprid (ganaton), domperidone (motonium, motilium, passengeri, motilak). In advanced cases, prozerin or ubretid is sometimes prescribed (for example, in case of postoperative atony).
In order to promote greater contraction of the gallbladder while simultaneously relaxing sphincter-valve, cholekinetics are often advised to patients. These include Carlsbad salt, sorbitol, berberine, xylitol, magnesium sulfate, barberry tincture, tsikvalon.
As an auxiliary method, various physiotherapeutic procedures, complexes of specially selected gymnastic exercises, treatment with mineral waters, and herbal medicine can be used.
Heaviness in the stomach appears after eating or outside the meal. If you have this symptom occurs predominantly on an empty stomach, the reasons may be as follows:
- the use of potent drugs, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, antibiotics and other medicines that can irritate the mucous membranes and cause discomfort,
- drinking alcohol, smoking,
- the occurrence of functional disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, in particular irritable bowel syndrome, which is accompanied by heaviness in the stomach, cramps, nausea and stool disorders,
- use of highly carbonated drinks,
- the presence of tumors
- chronic stress, violation of psycho-emotional balance, constant feelings and fears,
- compression of the uterine wall that grows during pregnancy,
- abnormalities in the kidneys, leading to the accumulation of nitrogenous bases, which begin to secrete through the walls of the digestive tract, leading to irritation of the mucous membranes and the development of its dysfunction,
- autoimmune pathologies and other comorbidities, including oral inflammatory processes.
The severity in the stomach after eating is more often associated with chronic gastrointestinal diseases: gastritis, peptic ulcer, pancreatitis, reflux disease. If discomfort appears regularly, take tests and check the digestive tract organs as soon as possible.
What should be tested
No matter how sensitive we are, it is impossible to find the exact causes of gravity in the stomach without diagnosis. We can only assume that it provoked discomfort, but it is necessary to find associated diseases and disorders. Further state of health depends on it. Therefore, if you do not know what to do when there is a heavy stomach trouble, first of all get diagnosed. Directions for research will give a gastroenterologist or therapist.
The survey may include the following procedures:
- endoscopic examination of the stomach (gastroscopy),
- laboratory study of blood, urine, gastric juice,
- identification of H.Pylori using bacteriological research,
- biopsy of stomach tissue, esophagus,
- feces on helminth eggs,
- PCR diagnostics (determination of possible infectious
- feces for dysbiosis, ultrasound of the abdominal organs, colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy (prescribed in the absence of pathology in the stomach).
In most cases, with the help of endoscopic equipment, it is possible to inspect the walls of the esophagus, stomach, and to detect violations that can lead to the appearance of severity and discomfort. But in order to make an accurate diagnosis, it is important to take into account all the complaints of a sick person. They give an extended picture for a specialist.
Most often, the heaviness in the stomach is combined with other signs:
- stomach ache,
- disturbed stool.
The work of the stomach is closely related to the functions of other organs of the gastrointestinal tract. When damage or inflammation of the gastric walls occurs atrophy of the glands, which begin to reduce the production of hydrochloric acid. This leads to a deterioration in the digestion of food. It begins to ferment and rot in the intestines, causing a reduction in the number of beneficial microorganisms and the development of dysbacteriosis. Therefore, it is important to pay attention in time to the severity and pain in the stomach in order to eliminate the effect of predisposing factors and to treat the associated diseases.
Watch this video, where experts explain the principle of the appearance of heaviness in the stomach, the causes and talk about how to solve the problem at home.
What diseases cause stomach heaviness most often?
There are several diseases that most often provoke stomach heaviness:
- gastritis (acute or chronic),
- peptic ulcer
- tumors of the stomach, including malignant.
I would like to briefly talk about each disease, so that you can identify the possible signs of pathology and promptly seek help.
Inflammation of the gastric mucosa is called gastritis. Acute inflammation is accompanied by severe pain and is difficult to miss. But chronic gastritis is often hidden, and one of the main symptoms is precisely the heaviness in the stomach. A long course of the disease leads to a pathological change in the structure of the mucous membrane, the replacement of the glands with interstitial tissue. When overeating, belching, nausea and heaviness in the stomach, pronounced flatulence appear.
The main reason for the development of gastritis is the colonization of its shell Helicobacter pylori - a bacterium that, according to statistics, is found in the body of 80% of the adult population. It multiplies in the mucous tissue, causing its irritation, inflammation and even ulceration.
Among the predisposing factors are the following:
- eating disorders and bad eating habits, eating fast food, high content in the diet of fatty, spicy, fried foods, smoked meats and simple carbohydrates,
- poor chewing of food due to lack of teeth or dental diseases,
- regular use of alcohol, which irritates the gastric mucosa, prolonged smoking,
- treatment with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs,
- constant stress and anxiety,
- work in dusty areas when harmful and aggressive substances are present in the air.
Chronic gastritis often develops against the background of other diseases of the digestive tract. Also, autoimmune conditions contribute to gastric inflammation. When immunity is impaired, antibodies to their own tissues are produced. As a result, the cells of the gastrointestinal mucosa begin to break down.
Peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum is manifested by dyspepsia (severity, nausea, heartburn). The disease is accompanied by the formation of ulcers on the mucous membrane. Up to 15% of the population suffer from this pathology, up to 80% are not sick and 40 years. Peptic ulcer takes the second place among the causes of disability of people after cardiovascular pathologies.
H. pylori infection is a major cause of ulceration. Often the disease progresses against the background of gastroduodenal reflux, in which the mucous membrane is in a constant inflamed state (chronic gastritis). Over time, a scar is formed at the site of the tissue defect. During an exacerbation, the ulcer usually increases in size.
The illness proceeds with periods of calm and relapses. When the inflammatory process subsides, there may be heaviness in the stomach and nausea, moderate dull hunger pains at night. During the day, after a meal, flatulence often occurs.
Pancreatitis disrupts the secretory function of the pancreas, which secretes enzymes to break down food. The peak incidence in developed countries accounts for 35-40 years. Chronic pancreatitis most often progresses on the background of gallstone disease and alcohol abuse.
The main symptoms of the disease:
- pain in the left hypochondrium and in the upper abdomen of the girdle,
- alternating constipation and diarrhea,
- decreased appetite and body weight
- yellowness of the skin and mucous membranes,
- general weakness
- abdominal distention in the epigastric region.
Chronic pancreatitis can lead to obstructive jaundice, in which there is a violation of the outflow of bile. In this state, a person needs urgent surgical assistance. Perhaps the internal perforation of organs.
Inflammation of the gallbladder occurs with regular exacerbations. Relapse happens more often after a violation of the diet, drinking alcohol or exacerbation of gallstone disease. Triggers can exacerbate stress, strong physical exertion. In cholecystitis, pain is localized in the right side of the abdomen, which can be combined with discomfort and heaviness in the stomach, belching, bitterness and heartburn. Perhaps the appearance of vomiting, diarrhea, flatulence.
Often, nausea and heaviness in the stomach after eating are caused by a growing tumor of a benign or malignant nature. Among cancer tumors in 95% of cases there are adenocarcinomas. They can progress quickly and imperceptibly. Often people learn about the presence of a tumor in the late stage, when the operation does not work because of multiple metastases. But in the course of conventional gastroscopy with biopsy, it is possible not only to determine the presence of a neoplasm, but also to clarify its nature.
Tumors of the stomach during growth occupy a large part of the volume of the body, and this is what causes the characteristic feeling of heaviness in the stomach after eating. Additional signs are loss of appetite, weight loss, nausea and vomiting, epigastric pain.
The walls of the stomach during the germination of tumors lose their ability to stretch, as a result, the person feels early saturation and begins to lose weight, until exhaustion.
Many people believe that stomach tumors occur mainly in people with bad habits (alcoholism, smoking). In fact, the usual Helicobacter, which almost all of us have, is leading among the causes of stomach walls ozlokachestvleniya. And only our vigilance and timely help will help avoid the development of a dangerous disease.
What to take from medication if you have a stomach trouble? It is necessary to select all medicines in accordance with the underlying disease. This will affect not only its clinical manifestations, but also the nature of the pathological process. In most cases, pills for heaviness in the stomach are enzymatic agents that speed up and improve digestion, relieve the person from discomfort (pancreatin, creon). In addition to these are adsorbents (activated carbon).
Symptomatic therapy includes the use of antacid drugs. They help in case of a heavy stomach and belching after eating. Antacids (almagel, renny) envelop the mucous walls, relieve heartburn and discomfort. They are recommended to be taken immediately after the appearance of discomfort.
Prokinetics (metoclopramide, domperidone) are used to easily move the food company, eliminate the severity and pain in the stomach after eating. But such drugs should be prescribed by a doctor, since they have contraindications and restrictions.
In case of gastritis, in addition to traditional remedies for gravity in the stomach and belching, H2-histamine receptor blockers and proton pump inhibitors from the omeprazole group are prescribed. Additionally, a gastroenterologist prescribes bismuth preparations that have the ability to envelop the walls of the stomach and protect it from the action of hydrochloric acid. Antispasmodics are used in pain syndrome. The presence of some concomitant diseases (for example, calculous cholecystitis) is an indication for surgical treatment.
The basic principles of nutrition
Since it is impossible to get rid of stomach heaviness only with the help of tablets, it is recommended to follow a diet. Sometimes her alone is enough to normalize well-being. All junk food is potentially dangerous. Refuse fatty foods, smoked meats, fried meat and fish - and you will immediately notice how much better the whole digestive system has become. Banned carbonated drinks and alcohol.
The nature of the food with gravity in the stomach should be fractional. Eat small meals, but 4-5 times a day. After 19 hours it is better not to have supper at all, but with a strong hunger you can drink a glass of kefir without additives. If in addition to the severity of the stomach there are problems with the intestines, undergo a colonoscopy and a study of feces for dysbiosis and helminthic invasions.
And for the soul, we will today listen to a wonderful song performed by Alice Freundlich. Murmuring brooks.
Symptoms and causes
In the period of great feasts and holidays the body is under a heavy load. And even a healthy person can feel the heaviness, discomfort, bloating after eating. When overtaking a similar condition once, the cause may be overeating. The abundance of delicious dishes that provoke additional appetite, forcing to eat food many times more than on ordinary days. But such a feeling of heaviness in the stomach after eating goes away after a while.
However, banal overeating is not the main reason. There are frequent situations when a feeling of heaviness in the stomach after eating accompanies a person almost constantly. Even when they wake up early in the morning, some people feel a “stone” in the epigastric region, and against the background of this unpleasant state, swelling occurs, and a sharp or dull pain.Before you try to remove the heaviness in the stomach, you need to figure out what factors are capable of provoking such a nuisance.
Causes of abdominal discomfort: why there is heaviness and discomfort
- Wrong food regimen. This basis includes both an illiterate combination of products that do not allow the stomach to perform the process of digesting food normally, as well as an abundance of fast food, fatty or spicy foods, as well as a disturbance in the drinking regime. A person may notice that his nausea and heaviness in the epigastric region becomes stronger by eating sweets, dairy products and in general protein foods.
- An irregular meal schedule leads to stomach discomfort. The use of "heavy" dishes at a later time forces the gastrointestinal tract to work "overtime", but not every person's stomach is able to cope with this task. It causes nausea and pain in the morning. Quick snacks, rare meals during the day, large portions of dishes also negatively affect the overall condition.
- There may be heaviness in the stomach after eating and burping, when food is badly chewed, rather large pieces of food are swallowed, and the process of eating food occurs in a hurry. Additionally provoke a belching carbonated drinks in combination with food. When a lot of air enters the stomach with food, this condition is diagnosed as aerophagia.
- Nausea and heaviness in the stomach declare themselves and at the time of consumption of poor-quality food, expired products. This can cause poisoning. Also, such a condition often accompanies a person when infected with a viral disease, for example, intestinal flu.
- A sedentary lifestyle, minimized physical activity, refusal to charge after waking up negatively affect the ability of the digestive tract to work normally. This factor can cause discomfort and poor digestion.
- A common reason for the occurrence of heaviness, pain, bloating, belching after eating is “lazy stomach syndrome" or dyspepsia. This reason can have both functional (unhealthy diet) and organic (heredity, congenital abnormalities of the stomach) origin.
- Doctors say another unpleasant cause provoking discomfort in the epigastric region. It is called "acid reflux". In this state, a pathological change occurs in the digestive tract - a certain amount of acidic gastric juice enters the intestine, esophagus, which leads to a feeling of heaviness, provokes a burning sensation, gas formation.
- Women often experience a feeling of “stone in the stomach area” during pregnancy. This occurs either because of the development of toxicosis, or because of internal changes in the female body that occur as the fetus grows and develops. If no serious disease of the gastrointestinal tract is diagnosed by the background, then this condition does not pose a significant threat.
- In adolescence, heaviness in the stomach after eating and belching are quite common. In most cases, the main factor causing discomfort is a change in hormonal levels, growth and restructuring of the child’s body.
- In addition to physiological conditions, the human psyche also affects the digestive tract. People with increased anxiety, too emotional, prone to stress may experience discomfort after eating. Against the background of psychosis and neurosis, various forms of depression and other pathological abnormalities of the psyche, epigastric severity occurs and the digestive process is disturbed.
- Additionally provoke nausea, heartburn and other discomfort: alcohol, cigarettes and hookah smoke, coffee, products that increase the acidity of the stomach, black tea, hot spices and spices, tomatoes and tomatoes, are in abundance in the diet.
However, it is necessary to allocate a number of pathological conditions in which to treat the severity in the area of the stomach is useless. Lifestyle adjustment may also not help without trying to get rid of the underlying disease.
What causes problems with the digestive tract?
- Different forms of gastritis.
- Ulcers of the stomach and intestines.
- Oncological diseases of the digestive system.
- Atrophy of the pancreas.
- Pathology of the liver, gallbladder.
- Coronary heart disease.
- Diseases of the spleen.
- Atrophy of the epithelium.
- Dysbacteriosis and other intestinal pathologies.
Ways to correct the state
Taking care of your health, having received the necessary consultation from a gastroenterologist and having undergone an appropriate examination, sometimes you may encounter a situation when there are no weighty reasons for which a weight or other unpleasant condition occurs after eating. With this option, which does not require urgent treatment of the underlying disease, you should familiarize yourself with the general recommendations that will ease the condition.
Nausea and heaviness in the stomach: methods of correction
- You need to train yourself to start every morning with a glass of clean water at room temperature. Such an action will help "start" the gastrointestinal tract, preparing it for decent work. In this case, it is necessary to abandon the use of any liquid during the meal and for about an hour after it, in order not to burden the stomach, not to dilute the saliva and gastric juice.
- Reconsider your usual rhythm of life. Not to feel heavy after eating, do not take a horizontal position at the end of lunch or dinner. And during the day you need to move enough, stimulating the work of the digestive system.
- It is important to abandon the use of large amounts of alcohol and other products, liquids that adversely affect the mucous membrane of the gastrointestinal tract. Do not smoke on an empty stomach and, in general, eliminate this addiction from life. Experts have proved that lovers of strong cigarettes who smoked more than one pack per day, more often experience discomfort after eating food in the absence of additional pathologies of the digestive tract.
- Food consumption must occur at the same time, and it is required to exclude food before bedtime.
- Portions of meals during the day should be small. Pledge of well-being - proper, fractional food. Nutritionists recommend eating at least 4 times a day. This will not overload the gastrointestinal tract, and the pain in the stomach after the meal will gradually disappear.
- It is important to chew food thoroughly, not swallowing large chunks. And also to refuse the use of drinks through a cocktail tube.
- During the meal, you need to be fully focused on this process. Therefore, it is necessary to exclude not only snacks and “lunch on the go,” but also watching television, sitting at a computer, or reading books and magazines at the time of a meal.
- You should not eat for good or force yourself to eat. This provokes not only nausea, but also heaviness, bloating.
- It is necessary to competently combine food, eat less food, provoking gas. It is recommended to increase the amount of fiber for better gastrointestinal function.
- Before getting rid of an unpleasant condition, it is required to abandon unbalanced or extreme diets.
- An important point in the fight against gravity and poor digestion is the ability to relax. Relaxation and strengthening of the nervous system will allow you to withstand overvoltages, stress, which often provoke an unpleasant condition in the field of epigastrium.
- If there are problems with excess weight, you should bring your body into shape. Unnecessary kilograms have a negative effect on the entire body.
If there is severe pain in the epigastric region, followed by heaviness, after standard ingestion, the following measures can be taken urgently:
- hold a warm heater on your stomach for a while
- make a soft massage of the abdomen,
- in exceptional cases, it is necessary to take pain pills and means to improve digestion.
Home treatment of a “weak” stomach should be accompanied by diet correction. A temporary transition to dietary food will improve your well-being.What recommendations should be followed?
- Minimize the amount of coffee and black tea, replacing them with clean water, herbal teas and infusions. Remove sweet soda.
- Also, at a minimum, eat protein foods, dairy products, but dairy products, such as kefir or ryazhenka, can help with abdominal discomfort.
- As much as possible to exclude from the diet fast carbohydrates contained in sweet, flour products, baking.
- Refuse fatty, fried, too salty or spicy foods.
- Add to the diet more light soups and broths, soft cereals, as well as mashed potatoes and easily digestible and quickly digestible dishes to reduce the load on the stomach.
- The presence in the menu of products that improve digestion, not only helps to relieve heaviness in the stomach, but also relieves problems with the stool. These products include apples, carrots, dried fruits (dried apricots, prunes, figs), cucumbers, carcade tea, beets.
- What does the pain in the left side mean?
- What is dangerous pain in the right side?
- How to drink water and why it is so important, read here.
- Gastritis: symptoms, causes, treatment and prevention.
Drug approach and prevention
In a situation when, against the background of a general correction of life and diet, there still remains a feeling of discomfort in the epigastrium, it may be necessary to choose a medicine for heaviness in the stomach.
It is not recommended to select potent therapeutic drugs or generic pills for stomach pain without consulting a doctor.
Among the means that help alleviate the condition with a weakened digestion and "stone in the stomach":
- drugs against dysbiosis, for example, "Atsepol",
- mild laxatives, for example, Fitolax,
- conventional activated carbon
You can also pick up folk remedies. These include:
- chamomile tea and tea with mint or melissa,
- lemon, which is able to relieve nausea, it is permissible to drink both warm lemon water, and just suck on a sour lobule, it is wise to use lemon with heartburn, increased acidity of the stomach, gastritis and ulcer,
- extract of Hypericum,
- a decoction of nettle can improve digestion,
- tea with clove
- buckwheat kernels crushed into powder, a similar powder should be taken in the morning on an empty stomach one spoon,
- tinctures and decoctions of calendula, yarrow, wormwood, tansy also help with problems with the digestive tract.
But in order not to be treated urgently, trying to eliminate the unpleasant condition, you need to devote time and prevention. What do you want to do?
- Always closely monitor your diet, opt out of eating, control those foods that are eaten so that there are no spoiled ones among them.
- Do not wash down food with cold water, sweet drinks.
- To arrange a “fasting day” once a week to cleanse the intestines and stimulate the work of all the digestive organs.
- Do not eat up regularly before bedtime.
- As part of prevention, you should also refer to the recommendations for the correction of nutrition and lifestyle in order to prevent the development of a negative state in advance.
Heaviness in the stomach: causes
Regular digestive discomfort is an alarming symptom. Therefore, you just need to be examined by a gastroenterologist. But what can lead to unpleasant sensations? Doctors identify several common causes:
- Improper nutrition. The use of low-quality products with a high content of harmful additives, soda water, fast food and a large number of sweets. A diet consisting of fatty, spicy and fried foods irritates the mucous membrane, so the food is poorly digested and a discomfortable state occurs.
- Regular overeating.Absorption of a large amount of food leads to stretching of the stomach, to poor-quality digestion. As a result, discomfort often occurs. Overeating can contribute to the habit of chewing while watching TV or in front of the computer.
- Nervous stress. Stress has a negative effect on all body systems. It does not allow to fully process food.
- Smoking and abuse of coffee, tea, alcohol leads to irritation of the mucous membrane. This adversely affects the ability to digest absorbed food.
- Chronic diseases of the digestive tract. Ulcer or gastritis, duodenitis, cholelithiasis, intestinal obstruction.
- Violation of the secretory or peristaltic function. With problems with secretory function, insufficient production of gastric juice occurs, so food cannot be processed normally. This leads to discomfort. And in violation of peristaltic function stagnation of food occurs, which causes heaviness.
- Medication. Acceptance of some medications has a side effect - severity.
- Diets Unbalanced nutrition systems for weight loss or improper fasting leads to impaired digestion.
- A polyp or swelling that prevents the proper movement of food.
- Pregnancy. Manifestations of early or late toxicosis are accompanied by problems with digestion.
Feeling of heaviness in the epigastric region
The severity of the stomach is a subjective symptom. This is the first sign of impaired digestion. Often this symptom is combined with nausea, vomiting, belching, heartburn and impaired stool. Rubbing in the abdomen can turn into pain. In most cases, heaviness occurs after eating.
This condition may be associated with organic pathology. The reasons are:
- stomach inflammation
- chronic cholecystitis,
- benign and malignant tumors,
- cirrhosis of the liver.
After eating, heaviness appears with errors in nutrition. It can be snacks, large intervals, the use of fast food, spicy and fried foods. Other causes of a feeling of heaviness and distention in the stomach are:
- taking antibacterial drugs and NSAIDs (salicylates),
- irritable bowel syndrome,
- carrying a child.
Virtually every person during the life faced with a similar problem. The risk group includes young people (students, students).
The reason is inflammation of the stomach
Severity - an early sign of gastritis. Millions of people suffer from this disease. Among them are many children and teenagers. Inflammation is caused by exposure to chemical, mechanical, thermal and toxic (bacterial) factors. If the heaviness in the stomach remains unattended for a long time, the gastritis acquires a chronic course with regular exacerbations.
The following forms of the disease are known:
In the latter case, a person has heartburn. There are gastritis with increased, normal and low secretion. Possible causes of the disease include malnutrition, dental pathology, alcohol consumption, long-term smoking, NSAID intake and occupational hazards. The severity and other symptoms are often caused by the active reproduction of the bacteria Helicobacter pylori.
The main clinical signs of chronic gastritis are:
- severe heaviness after eating
- pain syndrome,
- unpleasant taste in the mouth,
- soreness in the upper abdomen.
With increased secretion is concerned heartburn. Severity and nausea occur after eating. In such patients, a burning sensation in the stomach is possible. Over the years, the acidity of the stomach decreases.The autoimmune form of gastritis is characterized by the fact that the severity is combined with the symptoms of a lack of vitamin B12. This is manifested by soreness of the tongue, weakness, dizziness, tinnitus and various neurological symptoms.
The severity of gastritis is often combined with flatulence. Abdominal distention caused by the activation of microflora and increased formation of gases. The appetite in such patients is reduced or increased. In severe cases, vomiting occurs. Due to digestive disorders, the nature of the stool changes. In the absence of proper treatment, gastritis turns into an ulcer.
Heaviness in the stomach with ulcer
Abdominal distention is a symptom of gastric and duodenal ulcers. With this pathology, a deep defect appears on the mucous membrane. Ulcers are organic and symptomatic. Predisposing factors are:
- incorrect treatment of gastritis,
- non-compliance with doctor's prescriptions,
- diseases of other digestive organs (liver, pancreas),
- medication with ulcerogenic effects
- acute myocardial infarction,
Pain, constant heaviness in the stomach and bloating are the main symptoms of peptic ulcer. The appearance of vomiting indicates the development of complications (pyloric stenosis). When stomach ulcer severity due to a violation of the emptying of the body. Such patients try to eat less, as it causes pain. The latter is early, late and on an empty stomach. Pain and a feeling of heaviness in the stomach after eating most often appear in the first 30–60 minutes.
Often, complaints arise 3-4 hours after a meal. Other symptoms of stomach ulcers are sour taste in the mouth, unpleasant smell, heartburn, nausea, and instability of the stool. Improper diet can trigger lesions of the duodenal mucosa. Its difference is that the appearance of pain, heaviness in the stomach, heartburn and discomfort is observed in 1.5-2 hours after a meal.
The reason is in the pyloric stenosis
The human stomach enters the duodenum. This site is called the pyloric department (gatekeeper). This pathology is congenital and acquired. The reasons are:
The basis of the development of the disease is the replacement of normal scar tissue. This leads to a narrowing of the lumen and stagnation of food. Vomiting, nausea and stomach pain are the main symptoms of pyloric stenosis. If it is expressed slightly, then worried about the feeling of heaviness and overflow. In adults, this pathology develops gradually.
In the early stages, sick people complain of heaviness in the epigastric region, flatulence, stool retention, vomiting, and frequent belching. Often reduced appetite. In the stage of decompensation, severity is accompanied by repeated vomiting. Signs of dehydration appear. Sometimes there are cramps.
Heaviness and inflammation in the liver
A bitter taste in the mouth in combination with pain, heaviness in the stomach, dyspepsia and asteno vegetative disorders may indicate the development of chronic hepatitis. It is an inflammatory disease in which the liver is affected. There are alcoholic, viral and drug hepatitis. If symptoms bother more than six months, then we are talking about chronic inflammation.
For hepatitis B, C and D, the following symptoms may occur:
- yellowness of the skin and sclera,
- heaviness in hypochondrium and epigastria,
- petechial rash,
- discoloration of feces and urine,
Abdominal discomfort is often combined with asteno vegetative syndrome. Such people have weakness, headache, fatigue. Instead of severity, pain may appear. A common sign of chronic hepatitis is bloating. Other symptoms of liver inflammation include telangiectasia, redness of the palms, hemorrhagic events, and hepatomegaly. Sometimes moderately body temperature rises.
Benign and Malignant Tumors
The presence of nausea and heaviness in the stomach can be a sign of tumors. They are benign and malignant. The greatest danger is cancer. Men get sick more often than women. Cancer develops in mature and old age (from 40 to 70 years). Risk factors include chronic gastritis, peptic ulcer, alcoholism, smoking, unhealthy diet and contact with carcinogens.
In 95% of cases, adenocarcinoma occurs. In cancer, the following symptoms are observed:
- weight loss
- general malaise,
- pain after eating
- early saturation.
Often there are bleeding. A sick person cannot eat much food. He consumes small amounts of food. The clinical picture is determined by the stage of the disease. For tumors of small size there are no complaints. In the presence of metastases, the condition of patients worsens. In advanced cases, the tumor can be felt through the abdominal wall.
The difference between malignant and benign tumors is in the presence of symptoms of intoxication. Heaviness in the stomach after eating may appear already in the early stages. In this situation, you should immediately consult a doctor. The appearance of vomiting, severity and pain in the stomach may indicate neoplasm of the outlet. In this case, stagnant food is stagnant, which leads to an overflow of the body.
The reason is chronic pancreatitis.
The pancreas is located in the human abdominal cavity. When it is inflamed, severity and pain in the stomach may appear. This organ produces various enzymes (amylase, lipase, protease), which are part of the juice. Nearby is the stomach, so the symptoms of pancreatitis can be mistaken for gastritis.
Causes of inflammation are:
- improper treatment of the acute form of the disease,
- failure to follow a diet
The feeling of heaviness in the stomach is most often observed in chronic pancreatitis. This symptom has the following features:
- occurs in the period of exacerbation and remission,
- combined with pain, nausea, vomiting, mushy stools and flatulence,
- due to impaired production of digestive enzymes and atrophy of the glands.
Sometimes there is yellowness. In some cases, the liver and spleen are enlarged. Pancreatin is often prescribed to such patients. This is an enzyme agent. Pancreatin is used outside the acute stage.
The severity of the pathology of the gallbladder
Bitterness in the mouth in combination with belching, pain, nausea and vomiting may indicate inflammation of the gallbladder. This is a small organ located near the liver. It is needed for the accumulation of bile. Cholecystitis occurs in acute and chronic forms. Every year the number of patients with this disease increases.
Almost always, this pathology is combined with gallstone disease. The causes of cholecystitis are:
- congenital anomalies
- worm infestation (opisthorchiasis, fascioliasis),
- breaking the diet
The presence of nausea and heaviness in the stomach most often indicates chronic inflammation. They are caused by edema, penetration of microbes and impaired motor function of the organ. Other symptoms of chronic cholecystitis are abdominal distension, lack of appetite, low-grade fever, belching, a bitter taste in the mouth, pain in the back or right upper quadrant. The appearance of nausea and heaviness in the stomach is caused by stagnation of bile and digestive disorders. Exacerbation of the disease can cause alcohol intake or eating spicy foods.
Examination of patients with heaviness in the abdomen
Before you get rid of heaviness in the stomach, you must make an accurate diagnosis. If there are symptoms such as feeling full, pain, bloating, nausea, or abnormal stooling, the following tests are performed:
- blood and urine tests
- biochemical research
- Ultrasound of the pancreas, liver and gallbladder,
- Helicobacter bacteria testing,
- CT scan,
- a fecal occult blood test,
- analysis on eggs of parasites and protozoa.
Laboratory and instrumental studies alone are few. Examination, palpation, auscultation and patient interviewing are conducted. When the stomach is heavy, treatment should begin after the exclusion of other diseases. The presence of gastritis indicate the following data:
- swelling and redness of the mucous membranes,
- change in gastric acidity,
- the presence of antibodies to the bacteria Helicobacter pylori.
In chronic pancreatitis, the activity of elastase and trypsin is increased in the blood. The coprogram is of great value. In the feces of patients with chronic pancreatitis is determined by an excess of fat. During the ultrasound revealed an increase in the size of the pancreas. When detecting small tumors, you must ensure that they are good quality. This will require a biopsy and histological analysis.
Before you begin treatment, you need to interview the patient. The main complaints, their intensity, time of occurrence, duration, connection with food intake and alcohol consumption are identified. If necessary, consult a cardiologist, a surgeon, an endocrinologist and a gastroenterologist.
How to eliminate the severity
To relieve the severity, you need to cure the underlying disease. In chronic cholecystitis, the following medications may be prescribed:
- NSAIDs and antispasmodics,
With non-calculous inflammation of the bladder, choleretics are often appointed (Allohol). To improve the tone of the body can be applied cholekinetics. Insufficient digestion of food against the backdrop of stagnant bile is an indication for the appointment of enzymes. They include pancreatin. In the acute phase, hospitalization is recommended.
An important aspect of the treatment of such patients is diet. It allows you to eliminate the symptoms of the disease. Fasting is recommended for the first 2–3 days. After that, patients are transferred to fractional power. You need to eat 5–6 times a day at the same time. All products and dishes must be semi-fluid and soft. It is necessary to abandon spicy and fried, soda, coffee, cocoa, beans, smoked meats, sausages and cakes.
In chronic cholecystitis, physiotherapy is effective. It will relieve pain and pain. When detecting stones, surgical treatment is required. It consists in removing the gallbladder. After the operation, the person will not be nauseated, and will stop bothering about the severity. If chronic gastritis with increased acidity has been identified, antacids and proton pump blockers are indicated. Be sure to appoint a therapeutic diet.
With atrophic gastritis, the acidity must be raised. To do this, it is recommended to enrich the diet with extractive substances and sour-sweet fruits. Often prescribed gastroprotectors (De-Nol). Bacterial etiology of the disease shows antibiotics. In violation of the motor function of the stomach apply prokinetics. Methods of treatment of chronic pancreatitis are diet, taking enzymes (in remission) and analgesics.
Often prescribed medications, which include pancreatin. They are used in the absence of pain. If a stomach tumor is found, then remove it by resorting to surgical care. The main method of treating cancer patients is surgery (resection). Additionally, radiation and chemotherapy can be performed. When hepatitis is detected, table No. 5, detoxification agents, interferon preparations and symptomatic agents are prescribed. Often used hepatoprotectors.
Preventing heaviness in the stomach
Some symptoms (heaviness in the stomach, pain, nausea) can be protected. To do this, you must adhere to the following rules:
- normalize diet and diet,
- completely abandon the use of alcoholic beverages,
- lead a healthy and lively lifestyle,
- there is only from clean dishes,
- prevent parasitic diseases,
- move more,
- refuse long-term use of NSAIDs, antibiotics and cytostatics,
- normalize weight
- treat endocrine pathology,
- do not self-medicate.
In most cases, the severity is due to errors in the diet. To prevent functional disorders of the digestive organs:
- eat a little and often
- limit coffee consumption
- eat foods boiled,
- Enrich the diet with fresh vegetables and fruits
- eat more dairy products,
- eat 5-6 times a day at equal intervals,
- refuse to roast, food without food, spicy dishes and smoked meats.
Remember, the appearance of gravity in the stomach is an early sign of diseases of the digestive system. With the first complaints, you should immediately visit a gastroenterologist.
Treatment of abnormalities
How to remove the heaviness in the stomach? Taking into account the greatest prevalence of nutritional causes of the phenomenon, treatment should begin with the optimization of the regime and diet. Do not eat foods that the stomach can not properly digest, and even more so you can not overeat.
When pain in the stomach is painful, treatment can be carried out with drugs, but it is obligatory after consulting with a gastroenterologist or therapist. The fact is that in the presence of underlying diseases, basic therapy of directional action is necessary. Symptomatic treatment to eliminate discomfort is carried out as an additional measure. The following medications are most commonly used (most often in the form of tablets or dragees):
- Mezim: helps with heaviness in the stomach, belching of a different type, pain of a pulling character.
- Festal: taken with meals.
- Smecta: is prescribed for various digestive disorders, gastritis, ulcers.
- Panzinorm: useful for disorders of the pancreas, gallbladder, cystic fibrosis, various symptoms of dyspepsia.
- Allohol: helps to fight biliary stagnation and is used to remove bile.
- Motilak: normalizes the motor function of the stomach and duodenum, accelerates the process of digestion.
- Motilium: has a beneficial effect on gastric peristalsis, has anti-emetic properties, affecting the sphincter tone between the stomach and the esophagus, normalizes gastric emptying.
- Omez: can be used in the presence of peptic ulcer, reduces the secretion of hydrochloric acid.
- De-Nol: a medicine with astringent properties, antibacterial and protective effect, useful for ulcers and gastritis.
- Gastal: is aimed at lowering the acidity of gastric juice.
- Rennie: is made on the basis of carbonates of magnesium and calcium, is prescribed for high acidity of juice.
- Ranitidine: reduces the aggressiveness of the gastric composition, improves blood microcirculation.
The severity of the stomach is most often caused by malnutrition associated with excessive consumption of hard-to-digest foods or the lack of a normal regimen. At the same time, this phenomenon can be a symptom of a serious illness. In case of chronic manifestation of gastric discomfort after eating, you should consult a doctor to find out the reasons.
Arising discomfort, heaviness in the stomach, belching after eating are often not taken seriously. Modern advertising promises salvation at the first admission and the person runs to the pharmacy, buys the drug and self-medicates. And time is running out, malaise does not disappear, but only grows. And at a certain point, it turns out that it is no longer just a heaviness in the stomach, but an ulcer, not just a belch, but cholecystitis.
Why there belching and heaviness in the stomach? This is answered in different ways.Non-health reasons are highlighted, and sometimes the source indicates a number of serious problems occurring in the body.
Large portions of food
If, after the end of the meal, a heaviness was formed in the stomach and a belching appeared, then too much food got into the body. The digestive system is not able to digest, which means food accumulates. Constant overeating leads to the appearance of other discomfort. Tip: reduce serving size and track status. If the belching is not repeated, then the reason has been clarified.
Lots of fatty and spicy foods.
Digesting fatty and spicy foods requires more enzymes than regular foods. In the process of processing gases are emitted in large quantities, excreted by the body in the form of belching. The stomach is overloaded, there may be heaviness, discomfort. In the future, the intake of fatty, salty, fried foods leads to frequent constipation, gastritis and other unpleasant phenomena.
Disruption of drinking balance
Water plays an important role in the body. The lack of a sufficient amount of fluid leads to an imbalance in all internal organs. Drink liquid relies correctly. Washing with food is not allowed. The gastric juice produced is diluted with water, and the digestion process loses its effectiveness. There is severity, increased gas formation, constipation.
Snack on the run
Fast food, snack on the run - causes of severity, indigestion and other discomfort. Food chews badly, digested. Diet on the go is a constant belching with air, the appearance of heartburn, a feeling of fullness in the stomach.
Smoking and alcohol
A lot has been said about the dangers of alcohol and cigarettes for a long time, and the main topic touched is light. Bad habits also have an effect on the stomach. Drinking alcohol and smoking tobacco violates the qualitative composition of gastric juice, adversely affects the walls and mucous of the organ. This leads to belching, heaviness and gastritis.
The human body is a complex system. The process of digesting food begins as soon as food gets into the mouth. Saliva is released, which softens and prepares a convenient for digestion consistency of the product. Then the movement goes to the stomach, where the gastric juice continues splitting, further the duodenum and its enzymes from the liver and pancreas. As a result, nutrients remain in the body, debris and waste are discharged through the rectum to the outside.
Violation of the process at one point leads to disorder of the entire system. Belching constantly, unpleasant taste, heaviness, even with proper nutrition - a manifestation of signs of the disease, its symptoms. Need to consult a doctor.
Gastroesophageal reflux disease is a chronic ailment with constant relapses. There is a spontaneous reflux of gastric juice or contents back into the esophagus. In this case, the sphincter and the lower part of the body are injured, inflammatory processes occur. Not only belching creates discomfort. Heartburn, bloating, pain in the chest cause discomfort.
Treatment and removal of belching and heaviness in the stomach
The feeling of heaviness is undigested food that is found in the digestive organs. Symptom, speaking of problems. To get rid of prescribed drugs with an additional content of enzymes.
Today, the pharmacy shelves cost a lot of medications that help the stomach digest food. Cheap, expensive, advertised or not. But taking any medication should be supervised by a specialist.
Pancreatin, Mezim, Creon
Preparations containing the digestive enzymes necessary for the body. Sold without a prescription. The drug contains amylase, lipase, protease. Enzymes are isolated from the pancreas of mammals.Promote the rapid breakdown of proteins, fats and carbohydrates into digestible elements.
Mezim helps not only to decompose incoming food into components, but also facilitates an easy process of assimilation of nutrients. Acts gently and quickly.
The above medications fight the symptoms.
If the cause of an unpleasant exit of air and pain in the stomach is poor-quality food, poisoning, then a drug with the properties of a sorbent, activated charcoal, will come to the rescue. The drug, getting into the intestines, collects toxins and is excreted, removing the source of discomfort and cleansing the digestive system.
With the function of collecting toxins in the body copes and Smecta. It is allowed to use children. The composition of the drug - Dioctahedral smectite. When using a tool, help comes quickly. Restores the protective function of the gastrointestinal tract, forms a protective film, binds salts of fatty acids, does not affect the intestines and does not affect its motility. From the body is derived without changing. This is a good remedy for the treatment of belching and stomach pain.
Antispasmodic drugs relieve pain. When the cause of the discomfort is illness, taking painkillers can blur the diagnostic picture.
Violation of the internal organs responsible for the digestion of food, and the occurrence of symptoms are examined, analyzed and diagnosed. Having a diagnosis, the specialist prescribes a treatment that is suitable for each specific case. Doing self unsafe!
Chamomile and Mint
Chamomile is considered an excellent antiseptic, mint is used as a sedative. Also valerian root and fennel are added to the decoction. The ingredients are crushed, poured boiling water. Broth insists. 500 g of liquid are obtained at the outlet, they drink it during the day.
Herbs contained in the drug heal and participate in the regeneration of the gastric mucosa, improve the functioning of all the digestive organs and reduce the intensity of inflammatory processes.
Grass growing like a weed turns out to be medicinal. This often happens, for example, with milk thistle. Oil extracted from the plant is used for therapeutic and prophylactic purposes in case of an ulcer. Medicinal substances in the composition of milk Thistle, have a strengthening effect on the membrane of the cells that make up the liver.
The pharmacy sells ground herb seeds. They are taken in half a spoon in a dry form, with meals.
Heaviness in the stomach brings discomfort, interferes with normal work and rest. It can be a consequence of unbalanced or improper diet. However, this is not the only cause of unpleasant sensations. What can cause severity and how to get rid of this painful condition?
Why is pain or belching added to the feeling of heaviness?
There are cases when the severity is accompanied by belching, pain in the upper abdomen, nausea. This condition indicates a "lazy stomach" syndrome or dyspepsia. This disorder occurs due to weakness of the muscles of the stomach, which can not work normally. Therefore, food ingested is not processed, which causes pain or discomfort.
Why does dyspepsia occur? In young people - because of poor nutrition, eating fatty foods. Older people may suffer from dyspepsia due to aging of the body, which is manifested in the weakening of the stomach walls and insufficient production of the necessary enzymes for the breakdown of products. Syndrome "lazy stomach" can occur against the background of conflict, stress or other negative psychological factors.
Causes of severity in the stomach during pregnancy
Pregnant women often face unpleasant sensations in the stomach. Moreover, this phenomenon occurs periodically throughout the entire period of carrying a child.How to determine the cause of the discomfort of the digestive tract? The main cause of gravity in the stomach of the expectant mother is grandiose changes in the body caused by pregnancy.
Factors that provoke heaviness in the stomach after eating food during pregnancy:
- Toxicosis in early pregnancy. If the first months of carrying a baby are accompanied by disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, then even with a small use of food a woman experiences discomfort.
- Restructuring hormonal background. This leads to a change in acidity, as well as the intensity of the production of gastric juice and enzymes.
- Increasing abdomen, fetal growth. From the 2nd trimester, the baby begins to grow rapidly, which leads to an increase in the uterus. Because of this, there is a displacement of the internal organs, which complicates the process of digestion and can cause pain.
- The emergence of a new circle of blood circulation. More blood rushes to the uterus, causing a feeling of heaviness.
- Vitamin preparations for pregnant women.
- Diseases of the digestive system. During pregnancy exacerbated chronic gastrointestinal diseases.
- Anorexia nervosa. Malnutrition due to fear of gastric discomfort.
- Gestosis. Throughout the last trimester of pregnancy, the female body actively produces a special growth hormone that affects the level of hydrochloric acid in the stomach.
What to do if there is heaviness after eating
Discomfort can not be ignored. To get rid of these problems, you first need to watch yourself and determine which situations provoke heaviness in the stomach. If you notice that soreness always occurs after eating, then try the following tips:
- Eat 5-6 times a day, but in small portions.
- Chew food well and do not swallow large, badly chewed pieces of food.
- Say “taboo” to spicy, fatty, and fried foods, as well as alcohol and smoking.
- Use only products that are compatible with each other.
- Never eat before bedtime.
- Get rid of nerves and do not bring yourself to physical exhaustion.
- Get rid of extra pounds.
Following these tips, you will learn to eat right and gradually get rid of problems with digestion. For the treatment of gravity in the stomach using simple folk remedies and massage. For example, an infusion of yarrow or chamomile, which take 1/2 cup per 30 minutes of food, will help to cope. Moderate exercise and dancing have a positive effect on the body as a whole, and especially on the work of the gastrointestinal tract.
A warm diaper applied for 10 minutes and a massage in the form of stroking the abdomen in a clockwise direction helps well. For proper functioning of the digestive system, drink kefir a few hours before sleep. Do not accumulate stress and negative emotions that adversely affect the work of the digestive system. Sometimes “Mezim” and “Festal” can help to remove the severity. But doctors do not recommend them to constantly use, because because of this, the body stops producing its own enzymes.
Trouble with the stomach can interfere with enjoy life. Constant pain does not give focus on work, deprive of strength. Problems in many cases can be avoided by eating right and leading a healthy lifestyle. Simple prevention tips can help you forget or even never know what dyspepsia and other problems of the digestive system are:
- Take food to satisfy hunger, not to solve your emotional problems. Do not seize the stress of sweets or not healthy, but tasty dishes. Make yourself better for calming herbal drink.
- Drink plenty of water. For a good digestion process, drink 200 ml of warm water 30 minutes before a meal.
- Do not drink after meals. They reduce the concentration of gastric juice, and this slows down its work and the process of digestion.
- For snacks, use fruit. Avoid fast food.
- Chew food thoroughly.If large pieces of food get into the stomach, this will negatively affect his work.
Proper eating habits, avoiding alcohol, smoking, moderate physical activity and a positive emotional state are the main ingredients for good digestive health. A healthy lifestyle will minimize the risk of such an unpleasant problem as stomach heaviness.